Author Topic: War2 keyboard/hardware tricks!  (Read 12837 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
War2 keyboard/hardware tricks!
« on: January 09, 2015, 10:14:50 PM »
what are some tricks with your hardware that you've made playing war2 easier...

i just started using space bar about 1-1.5 years ago. it has done wonders for my war2 game.

if you dont know how space bar works, if you hit it while in game it brings your viewfinder to the "last action":

... if you just made a new peon, hit space bar and your view finger will go straight to your hall so you can quickly make another one.
... if you have a unit that is attacked anywhere on the map, hit space bar and the view finder will bring you right to the battle
... if you just finished lvl 2 upgrade at your smith or mage at your altar and hit space bar, your view finder will bring you right to your smith or altar so you can quickly do the next upgrade

if you hit space bar once it will bring your view finder to the last action. hit it again and it will bring you to the last action before that one.. hit it again and it will bring you to the action before that and so on.

So.. what tricks do you find useful?   assigning hot keys to units? assigning hot keys to buildings? utilizing the "double click" on your fancy new mouse so you can lust ogres with 1 click instead of 2?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: War2 keyboard/hardware tricks!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 10:16:43 PM »
i pretty much hit space bar any time i hear the peon's voice saying "work complete" or "We're under attack!"

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 10:18:25 PM »
You should learn all the hotkeys.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »
i definitely don't use enough hotkeys for sure  ... i notice it the most with alter, temple, and smith.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 10:26:51 PM »
Yea it will help a lot to learn them. Also I don't remember if it was you or lance but you would also not upgrade your towers with hotkeys which is pretty bad.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 10:35:35 PM »
i do upgrade towers with hotkeys (at least guards... not too sure about cannons because i dont use them quite as much)

Offline AmishGangsta

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 11:30:40 PM »

This is an old thread - but I figured I'd add to it.

I like to Hotkey my town halls: I use 9 and 0 since they are right next to the "P" hotkey.
Note: Sometimes I'll use 8, 9, 0 for 3 halls.

For barracks - sometimes I'll do this and sometimes not - depends on the situation: Hotkey for ogres, normally (whatever you're comfortable with) 5,6,7,8 or whatever).