Re: Need help with War2 on my laptop!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 10:41:33 AM »
lol, these guys just aren't getting it..
1) Tried with the USB (Damn! USB memory isn't supported on Win98 unless you install the driver manually) - FAILED
2) Tried with the CD (Damn again! Realized the cd reader isn't working) - FAILED
3) Bought a floppy disk to test it if it works (Damn #3! I forgot that my PC doesn't have a floppy drive) - FAILED
4) Tried connecting the laptop to internet with the ethernet cable (...No ethernet port...) - FAILED
Hah! I've been in exactly the same boat, I think I was trying to get Paint or something onto an old POS Win95/98 lap with a very similar set of limitations. Frustrating! :D So your options are basically:
- Get an IDE enclosure
, connect the lap's hard drive to another computer, copy the needed files/drivers onto the drive, then reinstall in the lap.
- Get a new CD reader off ebay. (Usually you just remove one screw, slide the old drive out & pop the new one into the slot.)
- Scrap that heap and get a slightly newer laptop. 15 years old is ancient. :D A newer model will give you fewer headaches, probably run the game better, and can still be configured for that vintage look & feel