Author Topic: Harder bots?  (Read 3504 times)

Offline AdamEXE

• Critter
    • View Profile
Harder bots?
« on: January 23, 2019, 12:14:35 AM »
Hi, totally new player here.
Are there mods to make bots harder like in starcraft 1? Or is there a scenario which is a normal map but with 2 or more bots on an actual TEAM against me by my self? I played for 2 days and the bots are already a joke because their starting build pattern is too slow. I probably wont play multiplayer because that gives me a panic attack and stresses me out no matter what game it is. Thanks guys.

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Harder bots?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 01:00:49 AM »
You can log in to the server, create a game and add as many bots you want. If you increase the speed of the game to fastest they'll be harder to beat. But if you are looking for a really challenging bot I recommend you to find "spb-" (super powerful bot) on the server. It is not always on, but when you see it, just type "/w spb- 1s?". It will respond "ok" and host a game for you with room name and password "aa" and "aa". Good luck!

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 02:06:19 AM »
lmao the spb- bot :thumbsup:

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 03:35:17 AM »
You need install combat without campaign but with difficult ai,

Maybe you want try my campaign but i think it Will be to hard for you, check my YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline AdamEXE

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 07:56:41 AM »
Interesting answers. I cant wait to get killed. :-* So after I finish the campaign should I redownload the game without the campaign and select the other option when downloading? Is that what you mean? I didnt understand what that option was saying when I was about to download it. So I guess I cant download that spb-? Someone is just logging on with that bot running on their computer I guess? I might try fighting one of you guys some time, but It wont be very interesting for you. :critter:

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 09:25:11 AM »
LOL Adam.exe dont worry too much about that we can make it work you can always join my games if you see me online and hosting games.

First game you play we can see how you are doing then we will manage to balance the teams in a way that you can still enjoy the game and learn  :thumbsup:

Also you should join our discord channel at http://en.war2.ru/discord there are loads of new players here that may not be too too strong that you can play with.

No AI can train you better than practice against real human players. Ais never were good in strategy games like war2.  ;)

That said you may want to try the campaign of Szwagier if you want a greater challenge while still playing the campaign, for more details about how to set it up you may ask the man :P

Spb- is a russian player, a very strong player who's people call the artificial intelligence :))
 :critter:

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 11:45:31 AM »
So I guess I cant download that spb-?

Spb- is just a player on here who everyone calls an ai, they're trolling you. :P

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 06:05:28 PM »
i play with some of the "comp stomp" guys from time to time.. someone has found (and continues to find ways) to make these computers harder and harder... if things continue in this direction it won't be long before we have 1 computer beating Swift.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 01:11:40 AM »
Computer can beat top1 only if ai will make only ogres with Lust, Lot of spacer and full Gold mine
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 02:49:55 AM »
Interesting answers. I cant wait to get killed. :-* So after I finish the campaign should I redownload the game without the campaign and select the other option when downloading?
You should restart war2combat installation.
How you install it?
Start the .exe, then next-next-next-next-finish. One on the installer screens contains list on components to be installed. That is what you need. Just check it: you will see a choice between campaign and comps AIE. AIE is AI Extended, the strongest AI had been possible to make.
There are about 24 different algorythms, they replaced campaigns algorythms. To try different ones, you should try different maps from AIE subfolder. That's important: on ordinary maps (like classic, ladder, etc) AIE is not working, AI will be default.
More fun on AIE is guaratneed if you select several opponents.

Computer can beat top1 only if ai will make only ogres with Lust, Lot of spacer and full Gold mine
AIE has such patterns behavior or something lilke that. At least 2 or 3 of them make only ogres, accumulate 9 or 18 of them, then go to attack. Next attacks happens by lusted ogres.
Good tactics if you have 1-2 more opponents who attack you by grunts from the very beginning, so you are too busy to search that opponent until he will grow his ogres.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.