Poll

Where do you want your allies to place the towers

By gold mine
1 (10%)
Towards entrance of 12 o'clock
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Which building placement is better?  (Read 5361 times)

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Which building placement is better?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 11:00:28 PM »
If you place the tower bottem right under goldmine in the top picture, your actually get gold returning peons poping behind your mine with decent number of peons, slowing your flow. You want tower close to the top to spot someone towering u

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 11:37:05 PM »
If you place the tower bottem right under goldmine in the top picture, your actually get gold returning peons poping behind your mine with decent number of peons, slowing your flow. You want tower close to the top to spot someone towering u

definitely.. this scenario is more @ start of game.. when p stopping is still happening. and I'd only want the tower right/under the gold mine if there was so much pressure that it was looking like the tower under the rax was gonna get compromised.. which typically means u lost peons trying to rep that tower/attack opponent grunts. i put a farm to the left of it after things settle down.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 11:42:38 PM »
main reason I like that tower under gold mine on right side is it still covers almost everything.. enemy grunts can't hug the town hall without still getting hit.. and only real option for them to continue an offensive tower against 12 is sneaking a peon behind the town hall and putting a tower there, which can be pretty tricky.. especially if 12 is looking for it.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 01:49:08 AM »
Why you want go  peon stop with tower when enemy coudnt get in?? You need 5 grunts

Also if you got Cat and you Focus tower that mean you are bad
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 10:17:19 AM »
if one enemy is towering 12, and other enemy is rushing from 2, enemy from 2 normally p stops for a short period if time. they CAN get in if you don't p stop for a little bit

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »
swag low @ 12/2 wars any way. never makes 3rd rax. goes stronghold instead. always dies easy to someone with 3rd rax

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 12:11:49 PM »
Assuming you both make your tower at the same time, under the barracks is a huge newb play. Next to farm and under mine will be required soon after.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 12:15:33 PM »
mystical just did it for you 2 days ago.. worked great. you were 12. myst came with tower same time they were putting up towers. his 2nd tower was actually outside 12 to the left of enemy towers tho

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 12:18:32 PM »
2nd tower worked great too because the tower under the rax he made still defended his 2nd tower.. both towers were in range of enemy tower under/left 12. and gave you more wiggle room outside 12.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2019, 10:53:13 AM »
I don't care what anyones done, if both players make towers at the same time then the tower under the barracks is dumb as fuck. Anyone with half an idea of how to play war2 would realize this.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »
Yeah I disagree. There should be no issue at all with that. Simply because 12 doesn't have to move his viewfinder hardly at all. All of his grunts pop right up on his screen. All of his peons are in his screen. Everything is right there. That's a huge advantage

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2019, 10:57:44 PM »
How does that stop a tower dying to the towerbug?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »
With a little bit of unit control you have a lot more units to take and spread out the damage

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2019, 10:27:36 AM »
They are typically limited to whatever grants they bring to the battle, which will most likely be a little bit less than your amount of grunts, and maybe two or three peons that built the towers

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2019, 10:30:48 AM »
If 12 forces little spurts of action at the right time 2 is either going to miss the timing to create grunts, or suffer with unit control while the action is taking place because he is trying to bounce back to his base to make grunts. And then get those grunts over to 12. 12 is going to be able to manage the situation more efficiently because it's all right there in his base