Author Topic: Invitation to play Warcraft II Danny's Insane Edition Single player  (Read 11362 times)

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Invitation to play Warcraft II Danny's Insane Edition Single player
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 12:16:01 PM »
Hi, I tried this mod, but it looks too difficult, I understand it's meant to be really hard, but I've been playing warcraft 2 on and off for a very long time and was able to beat all campaigns a few times, including the dark portal ones, but I've never seen anything this difficult, in any strategy game I tried, I can do level 1 orc and human of tides of darkness with this mod, that's about it.

The level I've been trying for a very long time is orc 2 of tides of darkness:
Spoiler
this is normally a level where the enemy is passive, but here we're against 2 enemies, both of which have a barracks and relentlessly churn out units, sending waves of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 footmen, the blue player mixes it with archers too. I'm sure it's possible to win this if I can survive till they run out of gold, but I tend to get overwhelmed at some point, I even tried to attack white immediately and was able to destroy their barracks, save some grunts and run back, but I just couldn't keep up with blue after the losses I had sustained; blue is otherwise manageable if you can destroy white's barracks and have enough defending troops to survive in the short term, and basically I am now out of ideas.

I'm aware levels are only getting harder, but still would be nice to be able to do any level at all where the enemy attacks you in this mod.

I know the author said he tested all levels and beat them, but I didn't find any videos or guides for this particular mod, anyone who was able to do them has any ideas?

Do you need to be high level in multiplayer to be able to beat these maps? As I only really played against computer so far.

This is reason why its bad, its not about make game, where you cant make single mistake

I had to repeat it like 20 times

Most people would not beat it
playing vs ai =/= playing vs player

i know the mod is shit, but do you also keep believing no one will play these mods?

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Invitation to play Warcraft II Danny's Insane Edition Single player
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2024, 06:53:31 PM »
you dont understand that random person stuck in second mission? your goal was making campaign for pros like me(but any players from multiplayer are NOT INTRESTED) not for people who are bored with normal campaign

it will be no fun, he will turn on play first 30 min then delete cause he stuck in second mission

if your goal was making to impossible campaign you did it! what a awesome job, next time just open editor add 100 dragons and save map will be much easier
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience