Author Topic: do we need towerbug fixed?  (Read 3968 times)

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
do we need towerbug fixed?
« on: November 06, 2020, 06:51:59 PM »
So i got towerbug fixed.
Now plan is to add it in triggers plugin, so this can be set in PUD map if towerbug working or not.

But we can get it be like always fixed from combat 4.7+
But we atually need it or not? cause there will not be compatibility with older versions then.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: do we need towerbug fixed?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 07:06:20 PM »
Backward compatibility is kinda important also for all the players that come from gog and just added the gateway to play on RU but have not yet downloaded the combat version.

I suppose just like balance tweaks we can keep that to specific maps so people can host these maps or not and choose for themselves what they want to play on the fly  :slight_smile:

Good job fixing that though! It will probaly make 11 on gow even stronger but unfortunately weaken further the 2 vs12 and 4vs5 matchups. We will see, anyways it is amazing all the things this new version is coming up with, this probably will be one of the most important update ever for the game  :thumbsup: :wc2:

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 07:10:38 PM »
Great job!
Mistral is genious guy!

Well, i think tower bug is a part of the game, but... it's still a bug.
So need to check that, as for me, that would be an interesting idea.

Of couse should have some kind of compatibility, to not get the game dropped when 2 different versions playing with each other. Should find a solution, i think it will be found
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 07:43:40 PM »
Personally I would like to see the tower bug go away.
But that’s up to the community.
war2 > war3

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 08:07:51 PM »
hell no, there is actualy 2 tower bugs. it is a skill and people can creep towers forward. with out it, Tower wars become stalemate too ez

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 08:22:29 PM »
From what I understand as it is Mistral will make that an option on maps which is good because like that people will get to experience the game without it but wont be forced into it right away which I believe is the best option.

The first thing I though about tower bug removal is: Although I would totally remove it if I were to remaster the game myself, the community that plays on RU are really a lot of one trick GOW players.

And as far as GOW is concerned the tower bug prolly is the one thing that allows certain matchups to work. Without it 4 has less options to survive/push back against 5, 11 cant be cheesed as much etc.. the list goes on back of 9 and back of 6 etc etc...

And of course the issue of forcing people that bought the game on gog to download the game from us directly instead of just being able to give it a try by just adding the gateway first.  :slight_smile:

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 08:43:16 AM »
You guys are stupid!
Stop to change the game retards.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 08:14:08 PM »
Although it's obviously an unfair advantage, I think it changes the game a lot. I think almost all average to upper GOW players will say no to this. If it was a voting thing, I would choose not to implement. If you wanted to do it by map, I guess you could? with support.

Offline FlyDude

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 07:02:16 PM »

No.

Drop it in a pud like BNE and TE.

You see how few games actually run those versions.

It is a game element, and an important one.

Offline [TD]Medivh

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 02:37:44 PM »
What a stupid Idea ....

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »
What a stupid Idea ....

nice that he took time to try to fix a glitch in the game and you come in making this post.  you are and always have been a fuckin nerd.[/td][/tr][/table]

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 06:15:16 PM »
Actually a brilliant idea and a very welcome new option for map makers and others.
Thanks to Mistral we will be able to experiment the "what ifs" these things actually were fixed and see for ourselves while keeping the game intact for people that just want to have their daily dose of war2.
We love you Mistral thank you for everything you are bringing to the table that will help keep people and gather new ones in our big familly  :thumbsup: :wc2:

There is actually nothing wrong in the way he is doing things right now it wont break the game for anyone and will just add options for people that want more. Just a wonderful non-breaking way of proceeding.  :slight_smile:

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 11:17:36 PM »
Actually a brilliant idea and a very welcome new option for map makers and others.
Thanks to Mistral we will be able to experiment the "what ifs" these things actually were fixed and see for ourselves while keeping the game intact for people that just want to have their daily dose of war2.
We love you Mistral thank you for everything you are bringing to the table that will help keep people and gather new ones in our big familly  :thumbsup: :wc2:

There is actually nothing wrong in the way he is doing things right now it wont break the game for anyone and will just add options for people that want more. Just a wonderful non-breaking way of proceeding.  :slight_smile:

Pls keep streaming and stop giving ur opinion to everyone, you have no idea about what you talk 60% of the time and you are miss informing everyone everyday, let players who actually know this game and actually can beat ilyich take decisions.

Because you are clearly acting like you are pro or a kind of teacher when mom02 straight beat ur ass with 3 fingers in the nose.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2020, 12:53:08 AM »
Well someone has to thank all these guys that keep bringing new awesome things to us from time to time....
You certainly would not, you obviously have too much pride and wouldn't know how to anyways. Reading you over the short period of time I spent here has already taught me that much...

Obviously that "listening to pros only" mentality did not get you very far, I suppose it may be time to adopt a new approach for that matter actually.

That elitist mob mentality you seem to adore and respect above all else wont get you anywhere in life ( not for war2, not for anything really ).
That flawed mindset just won't bring anything positive to you ever you can already start to forget it.
But it does make you look like a very unwelcoming, narrow minded, and frankly stupid human being toward outsiders and new players that could very well be better than you within a few years time...

If you want people to respect you and listen to you, start by being a respectful human being before being good at a 25 years deserted old computer game that probably will help.
That alone may earn you more respect and support than you would ever dream of starting from where you are now...

So I wont even fight you on this, I simply could not care less how good you think I am, I do not even care myself how good I think I am, so why even bother LOL  :rofl:

Anyways, whatever makes you proud man! good for you ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2020, 05:24:17 AM »
Pls keep streaming and stop giving ur opinion to everyone, you have no idea about what you talk
Gold words
Use it for yourself finally, ignorant nutcase
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 05:31:57 AM by Available »