Author Topic: War2Mod (War2 with triggers) beta testing  (Read 20516 times)

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: War2Mod (War2 with triggers) beta testing
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2020, 12:47:07 PM »
I found two glitches.

This happened when I had only one portal: (also this Peasant didn't kill anyone but he has "Speed" with value 26)
Spoiler

Spoiler

Game works a bit laggy, but stable.

Cool idea with Runestones. Paladins autoheal is great.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2020, 02:20:07 PM »
Thanks for feedback. I put new version on server. This 2 bugs was fixed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 02:32:07 PM by Mistral »

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2020, 04:53:33 PM »
my idea is just that random people shouldnt give tips for multiplayer, but your idea could be good in single/custom games
Random people? Take it as what?
Among us, by the way, there are also people who previously or now actively play.
Therefore, I ask without unfounded statements.

And now about the mod itself and why we decided to release it at all:
In fact, we can say that we are testing 2 projects:
1) war2mod
2) improvement of the original war2

The first project is supposed to be done as an additional game mode, where many of the most interesting features of the game will be implemented.
And the second - to strengthen the Alliance race, and only slightly, perhaps, to correct the orcs.

The fact is that everyone knows that there is no balance between races in Warcraft2.
Everyone is already too much used to it - you are right, of course.

Therefore, in improving Warcraft2, we especially do not want to change and somehow strongly expose the orcs to the balance.

Much more attention should be paid to the Alliance race.
They are played mainly to give an advantage to the opponent, or try to win quickly on small maps. Or just for fun.
We want to strengthen the Alliance race so that it can become proportionate in strength to the Horde race.
So that people choose not only orcs, but also people. Of course, like Starcraft, the mechanics of playing for both races should be somewhat different.

Therefore, before you blame war2mod for anything ... remember! That this is just a test of the game's capabilities.
If the community nevertheless comes to the conclusion that a rebalancing of races is necessary, then the relevance of the war2mod will become much lower.

If the community does not come to this, then war2mod will be some alternative to the original war2, and will live in the new mode, without annoying 99% of the players. In which all sorts of interesting things will be available like sheep or demons with heroes.

Anyway ... we are waiting for what people will say about all this. How much they are interested in it, and whether they are ready to support the initiative.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2020, 05:43:02 PM »
my idea is just that random people shouldnt give tips for multiplayer, but your idea could be good in single/custom games
Random people? Take it as what?
Among us, by the way, there are also people who previously or now actively play.
Therefore, I ask without unfounded statements.

And now about the mod itself and why we decided to release it at all:
In fact, we can say that we are testing 2 projects:
1) war2mod
2) improvement of the original war2

The first project is supposed to be done as an additional game mode, where many of the most interesting features of the game will be implemented.
And the second - to strengthen the Alliance race, and only slightly, perhaps, to correct the orcs.

The fact is that everyone knows that there is no balance between races in Warcraft2.
Everyone is already too much used to it - you are right, of course.

Therefore, in improving Warcraft2, we especially do not want to change and somehow strongly expose the orcs to the balance.

Much more attention should be paid to the Alliance race.
They are played mainly to give an advantage to the opponent, or try to win quickly on small maps. Or just for fun.
We want to strengthen the Alliance race so that it can become proportionate in strength to the Horde race.
So that people choose not only orcs, but also people. Of course, like Starcraft, the mechanics of playing for both races should be somewhat different.

Therefore, before you blame war2mod for anything ... remember! That this is just a test of the game's capabilities.
If the community nevertheless comes to the conclusion that a rebalancing of races is necessary, then the relevance of the war2mod will become much lower.

If the community does not come to this, then war2mod will be some alternative to the original war2, and will live in the new mode, without annoying 99% of the players. In which all sorts of interesting things will be available like sheep or demons with heroes.

Anyway ... we are waiting for what people will say about all this. How much they are interested in it, and whether they are ready to support the initiative.

I have seen quite a ton of conservative people on the overall global warcraft 2 community about doing any "possible" balance changes to the races in game... Seems like they just want another 25 years of the same Orcraft 2 game balance... which is quite stupid in my honest opinion. I haven't ever ever seen Human faction ever being relevant  or remotely strong as orc is with the well known ogre mage spell: Bloodlust. Changes always are necessary to keep things fresh in many ways. I just suggest you pushing game races being balanced as much as you can because I highly doubt that Blizzard Entertainment will ever modify this game in a future nearby. Go ahead commander, you do great with such a motivational feeling to making the game actually balance for both factions. I have started watching warcraft 2 multiplayer for around 1 year and I just can imagine bloodlust have been the very only thing used since at least 20 years ago already in mid/late game. You can't be serious to keep that up for the eternity on the game that you like boy, come on.

I totally encourage you to either boost massively Human faction in so many ways:

Paladins healing from 6 mana per 1 hp to something like 3 mana per 1 hp.

Archers arrow level 2 switched from +1 to either +2 or +3

You could decrease sight range upgrade from +3 to +1 so in that way you can make flying machines way more usable overall games.
In the same spot, Trolls you could add up to the regeneration upgrade to also improve the AI those units have to wait less time looking to their target so they can retarget much faster... As far as I know both archer and trolls wait something like 1 or 1.2 seconds if they retarget, which makes them pretty hard to be useful if melee units approach to any of them. So if in addition to the regeneration upgrade then also improves retarget AI for trolls from 1.2 seconds to something like 0.6 or 0.5, you would make them available and more unique for Orcs to deal with melee units just as the Ogre mages.

Gryphon Raider and Dragons should decrease their cost dramatically from 2500 to 1500 for gryphon raider and 1800 for dragons just to consider the fact you can use unholy armor for dragons plus haste plus bloodlust and gryphon raiders have nothing to them for being boosted so in that way you could make them more different from each faction.

I'd suggest to increase attack speed for gnomish submarine and giant turtles and less attack damage so they would still be slow on sea but would be better to snipe key locations. Helpful for either campaigns and multiplayer. Also would be another reason to use flying machine / zeppelings more frequently.

I'd like to add one of the current mod changes from your war2mod to this idea of re-balancing warcraft 2 about allowing to "train sheeps" but instead of farms, I'd suggest from Stables for the Alliance and pig farms for the Horde, in that way you have both different states to use that ability.

Mage invicibility spell should be decrease from 200 to 100, that spell requires a ridiculous amount of time to be available and it doesn't just help the way polymorph would do against dragons, for example. So it would allow much better to do invicibility outplays and would require to have more flying machine/zeppelings to counter.
Fireshield/magic shield from mages should be changed with another usage to cancel bloodlust from some melee units with area of effect (just like paladins exorcism), so this way you can prevent some people playing only mass ogre mages and of course would make the orcish player to micro around instead of "1a". In case this is not something you want to code (if ever possible), this spell still could be useful if you decide to apply massive buffs to archer / trolls and people who decide to play this way. In my current campaigns Insane Edition which is already available to community, I have had to deal several times with magic shield and if can be launched a couple of those, they can turn a counter to this game style... Of course if trolls get buffed for multiplayer first.

Death knights/rise of the dead spell is a curious buggy spell... I have tried to use this spell specially on XOrc9 campaign mission from beyond the dark portal and this spell is rather buggy if you have some units in front of the death knight or some "rocks" between the death knight and corpses, also if there's some of your units standing above a corpse then its buggy still. In all of those cases, mana is wasted for free and still doesn't summon any skeletons at all.
In the same spot, I'd suggest increasing either attack speed from skeletons or more damage plus HP, I bet in that case you could increase the spell cost to something like 80. So that way you could use death knights to play death coil plus raise of the dead quite nicely.
For the same unit, Tornados should be decreased in mana cost from 100 something like 50 or 60. Death and decay it's such a massively cost efficient spell so in the same line, the later should cost 40 or 50 mana cost because it's not only useful for sieging up towers but they're way more efficient to land and do damage compared to mage blizzard (because of how the sprites work for blizzard spell).

And for the last point, I'd either suggest increasing bloodlust mana cost from 50 something like 100. Either that or decrease the damage increased (which Mistral managed to explain quite well) which is not so simple like x2 or x2.5 damage but increase its efficiency by like 40 or 50%. Either that or decrease like 50% the amount of time this spell is available so then you can actually micro around instead of having all war2 melee units catalog being useless against this unit plus spell.
The rune spell from ogre mages which never ever I have seen being used by any person in 25 years of warcraft 2, I'd suggest to decrease its cost from (200?) to something like 80 or 90, so then you can use this as a another static defense for your orcish base instead of the only classic towers. This way you could have something different and more diversity in contrast to the Alliance faction.

I hope you take any of this for your warcraft 2 game balance changes commander. I really appreciate you had the eggs to propose this because I simply do not understand how there're so many people so conservative who don't want to change things for being simply BETTER. I have had to see this same behavior in other games like starcraft 1 (game which wasn't game balanced almost for ever) or starcraft 2.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2020, 06:06:37 PM »
Last two posts, by Oragorn and Dannyldd are what I can agree with 100%.

Human race should be improved, because for all these years game was terribly unbalanced. It's sad that Blizzard didn't care about War1 and War2. Just released, few bug fixing patches, and moved forward to next games. The first game they really cared about was Starcraft 1 and so many years after release of Starcraft 1 there are still championships in this game (for example: Bombastic StarLeague 9 from this year).

I won't throw any other ideas, but if you fix War2 I would love to play it  :slight_smile: Maybe even in multi if there will be anyone who wants to play with such slow fart like me :D

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2020, 06:12:12 PM »
Last two posts, by Oragorn and Dannyldd are what I can agree with 100%.

Human race should be improved, because for all these years game was terribly unbalanced. It's sad that Blizzard didn't care about War1 and War2. Just released, few bug fixing patches, and moved forward to next games. The first game they really cared about was Starcraft 1 and so many years after release of Starcraft 1 there are still championships in this game (for example: Bombastic StarLeague 9 from this year).

I won't throw any other ideas, but if you fix War2 I would love to play it  :slight_smile: Maybe even in multi if there will be anyone who wants to play with such slow fart like me :D

if you wants, take a look either on my insane edition for campaigns or the stream playing from time to time to look up on the real warcraft 2 units potential this game always have had: https://twitch.tv/dannyldd

This game has a ton of fun potential with all the units catalog but neither Blizzard Entertainment or community have had the will power to either modify the game or want game units balance re-design. There're so many skipped unit spell/compositions which were even skipped on the game campaigns that would totally be possible in the multiplayer if people would be willing to look up for usual unit redesigns. This is a problem that happened with starcraft 1 and 2 as well. People are way too conservative and stubborn for changes.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 06:15:05 PM by dannyldd »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2020, 08:21:18 PM »
i disagree with you, human race is more powerfull race than orc in sea maps, if you make stronger human, orc will not exist in sea maps, invis ship with invis mage and how you want counter it? you can counter everything expect that

of course invis is not working vs computer

sea map human>orc
land map orc>human

we need just nerf lust

problem is that people are playing only gow(land map - 90%)

chop is custom game

@Oragorn  if someone is not  playing multiplayer he shouldnt speak about  balance in multiplayer games

useful spells

human: invis, blizzard, sometimes slow,   polymorph flame are only used for fun
orc: haste, decay,  tornado, skeleton, unholy are only used for fun

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 08:58:20 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2020, 09:24:26 PM »
If there is a team out there that is willing to put this much time to balance war2 or even just upgrade it, then I say SURE WHY NOT. I'm all for nostalgia as much as the next guy but why not make some changes to make things fun or just change it up. That is a sure way to gain new players.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2020, 03:06:11 AM »
(...) This is a problem that happened with starcraft 1 and 2 as well. People are way too conservative and stubborn for changes.

These insane campaign version from your Twitch looks great, I will try it someday  :slight_smile: Nice playthrough  :wc2:

I disagree with you about Starcraft 1. Races, units and abilities combinations are perfect in this game. I have watched many championships in my life in SC1 and there were so many different tactics, players with their favourite strategies and skills and what is the most impressive - every race is unique, every ability is useful, every unit is useful and all races have the same chance to win. I don't know how Blizzard did it, but imo it's best RTS I have ever played.

i disagree with you, human race is more powerfull race than orc in sea maps,

How Human race is more powerfull in sea maps?
Invis units are detected by Zeppelings if I remember correctly and Zeppelings/Flying Machines are neccesary to find Turtles/Submarines so with or without Invis Zappelings/Flying Machines will be used in the match already. If Invis is not detected by any unit then I think it should be also fixed, but that's only my opinion.
I cannot find any multiplayer gameplay on sea map  :(
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 03:23:43 AM by Vendar »

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2020, 03:35:14 AM »
you are wrong, nothing detects invisibility.
flying machines/zeblins detect submarines tho

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2020, 05:14:41 AM »
(...) This is a problem that happened with starcraft 1 and 2 as well. People are way too conservative and stubborn for changes.

These insane campaign version from your Twitch looks great, I will try it someday  :slight_smile: Nice playthrough  :wc2:

I disagree with you about Starcraft 1. Races, units and abilities combinations are perfect in this game. I have watched many championships in my life in SC1 and there were so many different tactics, players with their favourite strategies and skills and what is the most impressive - every race is unique, every ability is useful, every unit is useful and all races have the same chance to win. I don't know how Blizzard did it, but imo it's best RTS I have ever played.

How Human race is more powerfull in sea maps?
Invis units are detected by Zeppelings if I remember correctly and Zeppelings/Flying Machines are neccesary to find Turtles/Submarines so with or without Invis Zappelings/Flying Machines will be used in the match already. If Invis is not detected by any unit then I think it should be also fixed, but that's only my opinion.
I cannot find any multiplayer gameplay on sea map  :(

"perfect" ? It's the same sort of answer that people say here on war2. If you look it from outside with an objective perspective then you see what's the problem.

SC1 is 22 years old, I never ever saw scouts or ghosts or nuclear bombs usage. What's the last time you saw marine firebat medics being used professionally vs protoss ? vs terran ? I used to play against some amateur plus professionals and had several years of experience around this. What's the last time you saw massive ghosts usage vs protoss or terran ? Source ? It doesn't work for videos from 2001 or extremally picky situations just for show. I mean on regular daily gameplays...

By the way I hope you can give it a try to DAIFE or DIE, good luck & have fun !
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 05:22:58 AM by dannyldd »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2020, 05:19:02 AM »
its not sea

JIMLAND! - YouTube

Warcraft 2 Human Gameplay: 1v1 on Garden Of War - YouTube

1v1 ~Poscow v Falkentyne
Old EF g1 - YouTube[/url]

I didnt save and upload on youtube any sea games, had on combat but ofc someone deleted all videos ...

you wont balance ANY game to use all units, if you buff so much tier 1 units, tier 3 wont be played
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 05:35:04 AM by Szwagier »

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2020, 05:19:48 AM »
Saying that humans is stronger than orcs is sort of delusional for me. Both races have the same sea units.

99% of the time I see war2 multiplayer is just ground vs ground only. I dont need to be for such a long time playing war2 to see how the meta just works. I have experience from the past playing against competitive amateur people in starcraft  1 and 2 so I kinda see how things work here.

Games end much faster than ever reaching invisibility for any ship in " sea vs sea " war2 games, even though this is something will never happen because like I said, i just see people playing 99.9% of games in ground vs ground. Also invisibility from mages is 200 mana, are you going to wait for setting 5 invisibilities in a time for doing " anything "  against your oponnent ? Games end much earlier than this.
Invisibility is casted and revealed once units attack their target or casting it on another mage in very sneaky situations. I doubt you cast invicibility from your base to let your unit walk the entire map for doing one-time blizzard. You can't cast this ability on demo-squads.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2020, 05:28:42 AM »
Saying that humans is stronger than orcs is sort of delusional for me. Both races have the same sea units.

99% of the time I see war2 multiplayer is just ground vs ground only. I dont need to be for such a long time playing war2 to see how the meta just works. I have experience from the past playing against competitive amateur people in starcraft  1 and 2 so I kinda see how things work here.

Games end much faster than ever reaching invisibility for any ship in " sea vs sea " war2 games, even though this is something will never happen because like I said, i just see people playing 99.9% of games in ground vs ground. Also invisibility from mages is 200 mana, are you going to wait for setting 5 invisibilities in a time for doing " anything "  against your oponnent ? Games end much earlier than this.
Invisibility is casted and revealed once units attack their target or casting it on another mage in very sneaky situations. I doubt you cast invicibility from your base to let your unit walk the entire map for doing one-time blizzard. You can't cast this ability on demo-squads.

you have never played/watched late game sea maps dont you?

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2020, 05:30:34 AM »
You still have to live up to a magician with 200 mana, and that is far from the fact that the combination with invisibility will work. Or you may not live.
And let's be honest ... very few people play at sea. 99% of players play only in gow classic, where the orcs always rule, be you even Chuck Noris.
AVERAGE.
Don't tell me what a cool player you are.