Author Topic: War2Mod (War2 with triggers) beta testing  (Read 19860 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
War2Mod (War2 with triggers) beta testing
« on: December 09, 2020, 04:28:45 AM »
Happy birthday, Warcraft II.
25 years ago, Dec 9 1995 Warcraft II Tides of Darkness have been released.

Today we are beginning the beta-test for our new project: War2Mod.
Beta test period is 1 month: 09 Dec - 09 Jan.

War2Mod is improved War2, based on some updates in the code of the original game.

All you need to do for testing is to join our backup server. War2Mod will be loaded automatically and work on the backup server only.

Just join the backup server, host the game on any random map and check new in-game functionality. It's incompatible with the original game. that's why we use a separate server to make all the clients work similar way.

War2Mod have been programmed by @Mistral
The idea and name "War2Mod" by @Oragorn

I also took part in the project as an assistant and I checked it works as declared.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 04:35:39 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: War2Mod (War2 with triggers) beta testing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 04:50:08 AM »
Hello, Warcraft2 players! I have great news for you!
Super New Triggers System for War2 going to OPEN BETA testing. All of you can go and test some new features.
You just need to join to our Backup Server of War2.ru So we asking all who can to go and give it a try.
We are waiting for your feedback. What you like and what not.
And very important if you got some errors, crashes, disconnects, ect. PLEASE say about it. This can help us to make Triggers System even better.

So what to do after you joined Backup Server?
To activate some new features you need to host map with some triggers inside.
How to get map with triggers? Program for making your own maps is still in development. Wait for release.
And we need your feedback and testing to make this faster.

But do not despair. Our very famous and good player - Oragorn came up with an idea.
He called it - War2Mod. This is a set of pre-prepared triggers.
So you just go to Backup Server. Then just host any map and play.
And War2Mod will be activated for any map.

So what features there is in War2Mod?

1. Upgrades from lumbermills give +4 dmg instead of +1 for archers and trolls. So they can be not so useless now.

2. Fireball damage now 120.

3. Peons received new third button for buildings. They can build some very special buildings.
  3a. Runestone. This is very helpful thing. It gives buffs to nearby units, heals them, and mages regen mana faster.
  3b. Portal. And not just for fun. Portals are realy working and teleporting units from one place of map to the other.
  3c. Circle of Power. This is drawn with peon's blood so peon is sacrificed in process. And you can build DEMONS from cirle if you have 2 or 3 tier townhall.
        If circle got destroyed by enemies then you cannot build there any buildings as the terrain got cursed.

4. So you can build demons now. And this is not just some flying mid-late game unit. Because they now have manaburn.
Yes like Arcana towers in Warcraft3. They deal more damage to mages and burn their mana too.

5. Can build attack peons in townhall. They cannot build buildings or get resources. but they builds faster, cost lesser gold, and have more dmg and armor.
They is something like militia in Warcrat3. (This is Oragorn's idea, i dont actually think they are needed. But maybe with some balance of stats will be better. We need your feedback.)

6. Peons can repair catapults. (because why not?)

7. You can build sheeps from farms. Sheeps gives you 1 gold and 1 lumber in 1 second if they are just alive so keep them well. (This is Oragorn's idea, i dont actually think they are needed)

8. Stealing resources from enemies. So when you attack buildings of enemy you steal 2 gold and 1 lumber from them in each hit. (and attacking Oil Platform will get you 5 oil from each hit)

9. Capturing of enemy buildings. So when you attacking building with peon and that building have 5% hp left you will get that building captured and it will be yours.

10. Ships repairs near Shipyard. Just stand your ship nearby and its hp will be regenerated.

11. Autoheal for paladins. To activate you need to learn Heal and Exorcism. And very IMPORTANT you need to get some paladins near church standing and praying.
If you have at least 1 paladin near church then all your paladins on map will have autoheal. Autoheal cost more than normal heal. Mor paladins standing near church the lesser it cost. If you have 3 paladins near church autoheal will cost 7 mana. (normal heal cost + 1). Cost cannot go lower than that. (lesnik says that manual healing must be always better that auto)

12. Exchange resources between allies. Just bring your peon to ally base. When your peon standing near allied TownHall you giving your ally 100 gold in 1 second. If your peon standing near Lumbermill then you gives 100 lumber. If you bring Tanker to allied Wharf of Refinery you will give 100 oil.
Remember just being allied not enough. You and other player both need to be AVed. Set AV flag not just ally. If AV not set resources wil not be given, so you can use this to enable/disable when needed.

13. Allied transport system. You can bring units of other players in your transport.
Remember just being allied not enough for this to work too. You and other player both need to be AVed. Set AV flag not just ally.

14, The most important thing. HEROES
Yes you can build heroes now. Both races have unique set of heroes.
Heroes can be builded in TownHall.
And you can have only 1 of each hero. (but can be revived if dies - just build again)
You have 2 heroes from the start.
When you go to 2 tier TownHall you will have another 2 heroes.
And in 3 tier you will have 3 more heroes.

So the list of heroes (for humans and orcs) (all heroes stats non standart)
Starting heroes:

Danath - Grom
just better footman/grunt and thats all

Alleria - Zuljin
Troll have good regeneration and more hp/armor, archer have more damage(very)

Tier2 heroes:

Turalyon - Dentarg
Turalyon has an aura of blessing just like the paladins in Warcraft 3, he blocks 3 damage for all allied units, including magic damage. Dentarg has the ability to Prevent Loss. If his health is more than 1, then when he receives fatal damage, 1 hp remains and he is invulnerable for 2 seconds.

Lothar - Kargath
As human hero is rides horse - he is faster, so orc hero have more armor and hp (heavy)
They have very unique VAMPIRIC AURA. All allied units in range of 5 will be dealing 2 additional damage and will be healing themselves to 2 hp. (only alive units, with catapults and buildings dont works)

Tier3 Heroes:

Uther - Chogal
A very powerful paladin for 1 mana restores 1 hp! / ogre mage constantly has fornication!

Khadgar - Theron
A tough human mage, has an aura of slowing down for all enemies within a radius of 5 cells. / cool death knight - has the aura of creating skeletons! (in the area of ??5 cells, all corpses rise up and nature to him). The attack range is very long.

Kurdran - Deathwing
very powerful late game super flying hero

Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 06:07:24 AM »
Im not gonna lie, i like that, not that i like all the ideas, but i like the fact that you try something, put it on a beta mod to a back up server and everyone are able to try it and give feed back before it's release like that on the official game. 

But im still having questions, because im not sure to understand... What is this mod for? Are you guys planning to add this later on the official server game?

Are you planning to make a special map? Is that only gonna stay on the back up server... Whats the plan after that month of beta test?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 06:16:29 AM by Delete ME NOW! »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 06:24:43 AM »
Triggers initially intended to be inside PUD maps.
So plan is that later i will make tool for creating triggers in maps, and ANYONE can use and create something they always wanted.
But now you dnt have any maps for testing so @Oragorn idea is War2Mod - set of pre-made triggers to be enabled for any map in backup server.
After beta test i dnt know what will be. Maybe it will be staying on backup or maybe can be played on official server but only in special game mode (you will need to download new MPQ to get that game mode, or install new War2Combat 47+ maybe).
Now for testing there many triggers enabled and some of them (maybe) can cause some errors, disconnects etc. So we want for people to test in real game.
And PLEASE say if you get some crashes and etc. We need feedback. Its important.

P.S. and i know you all love some GOW or CHOP yes, but please play some sea maps too, maybe like HSC or FOC. To test some water triggers too. Like transporting allied players (need to play 2s or more obviously for this).

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 06:48:55 AM »
Well, let's be honnest, for my own part, i am a competitive player, and i believe there other players like me, so everytime i watch for add on, mods, updates or things like that, im always checkin for something that gonna be implant in the entire game for everyone.... I mean im not that much a custom player... But thats all good with me if peoples loves custom.

But i think there some things, that we can implan in the final code source of the true server game... So everyone would have it for every maps and every mode.

Like literally change the game itself....

There some idea that i think would be usefull for the real game itself...

Probably still need some rework, but overall they are good ideas.

'' 6. Peons can repair catapults. (because why not?) ''

'' 12. Exchange resources between allies. Just bring your peon to ally base. When your peon standing near allied TownHall you giving your ally 100 gold in 1 second. If your peon standing near Lumbermill then you gives 100 lumber. If you bring Tanker to allied Wharf of Refinery you will give 100 oil.
Remember just being allied not enough. You and other player both need to be AVed. Set AV flag not just ally. If AV not set resources wil not be given, so you can use this to enable/disable when needed. ''

''13. Allied transport system. You can bring units of other players in your transport.
Remember just being allied not enough for this to work too. You and other player both need to be AVed. Set AV flag not just ally.''

So here my next question... If peoples would love those things or any other things, is that would be possible to add this in the official game, for every maps, every mods, just like an entire update for the full game itself.

Lambchop did something like that once, with the chop bar, unfortunely, some peoples make it remove from the game.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 06:53:57 AM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 07:21:36 AM »
Well yes it is possible to add to entire game i think. But will not be doing this.
Because it will not be compatible with old versions of game obviously. iL says its a bad aproach so as we need maximum compatibility with all versions.
And because of that we put this on backup server. There will be no problems like some people download new version and some not and after that there is disconnects and drops.
Because all people who joins backup sever will get triggers automatically from server itself.
So if you want play with triggers you say your friends and then you all go in backup serv to play. If you dnt want anymore just go back to official serv and all functions will be disabled and this will be standart old war2.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 07:46:14 AM »
Well yes it is possible to add to entire game i think. But will not be doing this.
Because it will not be compatible with old versions of game obviously. iL says its a bad aproach so as we need maximum compatibility with all versions.
And because of that we put this on backup server. There will be no problems like some people download new version and some not and after that there is disconnects and drops.
Because all people who joins backup sever will get triggers automatically from server itself.
So if you want play with triggers you say your friends and then you all go in backup serv to play. If you dnt want anymore just go back to official serv and all functions will be disabled and this will be standart old war2.

lol always the same probleme with iL, all those old rigged useless versions.

Well good job anyway.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 08:57:22 AM »
iL is right, you don't want some people with War2mod on the main server joining games and having disconnects and crashes. 

This is cool @Mistral, do you plan to do updates and tweaks if some of these mods are too powerful?  I think maybe also dragons/gryphones could increase their attack speed, and sappers/demo squads could train more quickly.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 09:17:36 AM »
iL is right, you don't want some people with War2mod on the main server joining games and having disconnects and crashes. 

This is cool @Mistral, do you plan to do updates and tweaks if some of these mods are too powerful?  I think maybe also dragons/gryphones could increase their attack speed, and sappers/demo squads could train more quickly.
All this testing thing is meant for updates and tweaks.

And we need all players help and feedback to do it!  :)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 09:19:18 AM »

Crash only occurs because he allow different client versions..

If everyone are set on the same version, there no crash.

Anyway to be honnest, mistral and oragorn should just use a new server and start a new RTS WAR2 GAME STYLE..

This thing has the potential to be the league of legend of rts evolution!

This mod need rework and ajustement to be on point, but honnestly, its almost already better then war2 lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:24:19 AM by Delete ME NOW! »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 09:36:48 AM »
Another thing is that skeletons could be made stronger.  Maybe not even more attack but more hp and armor so they can take a long time to kill.  Right now they can't even beat a peon

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 09:46:23 AM »
Another thing is that skeletons could be made stronger.  Maybe not even more attack but more hp and armor so they can take a long time to kill.  Right now they can't even beat a peon

I told him trying to make different stones, imagine you build a human stone and every ennemies that past beside it are slowed...

Or you make an orc stone beside your gold mine, and every peons that die are raising as skeletoons lol.

Instead of making militian with the second peon, you just could use that peon as a P SCOUT... 100 gold only, cant build, cant mine.

Can make better then war2 with this kind of mentality, only peoples who cant adapt to evolution get stock in the same pattern.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:11:50 AM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 11:59:10 AM »
If there is a release or update let me know and I will post it on war2 Tides of Darkness FB page

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 02:19:24 PM »
I wonder if you could ever fix pathfinding... 🤔
Not for War2 classic but if you’re doing a big mod project, pathfinding, rally points, unit queues are what it would take to “modernize” it.

Then you could throw in the health bars, chop bars, and game balance all the other new idea tweaks.

Offline Rensyyra

• Peon
  • Warga Warcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2020, 06:31:47 PM »
Good to hear, can I ask? Will WAR2MOD later stand alone or replace WAR2COMBAT? Or is this WAR2MOD a beta version which will later be implemented in WAR2COMBAT? thank you :wc2:
~ It doesn't matter which clan you are from and what race you are born in, We are all big families of the Warcraft Community ~

Lok`Tar Ogar!