Author Topic: War2 - Multiplayer campaign released  (Read 8412 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
War2 - Multiplayer campaign released
« on: December 09, 2020, 08:59:28 AM »
Multiplayer campaign released!

Here are the same 28 missions (14 for both races) for TD and 24 BDP, but:
you should play together. 2 allies against computer.

It have been implemented to play as similar as possible to single player campaign, but you should join the server before. As it's multiplayer campaign.
So, step-by-step:

- both players should join backup server, backup.war2.ru. Attention: it will work on backup server only, not on others.

- create game and select campaign maps as usual maps one-by-one. Important: till you win the first map, you won't be able to play second one! Same as on single campaign.
Every map should be possible to win by 1 player, but it should be x2 more difficult.

- Maps should be hosted as UMS. It's important, it will not work with different types.
But you can select any resources you want, it will select proper one itself.

Here's the link to maps:
http://ftp.war2.ru/war2/Maps%20&%20Campaigns/MultiPlayer/Classic%20Multiplayer%20Campaign.7z

Download, play and report about process and results!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:37:31 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: War2 - Multiplayer campaign released
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 01:04:37 AM »
Nice work, i asked a couple people a few years ago like ryu, smeagol and tupac if this was possible to create, glad to see it now!

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 09:36:02 AM »
Multiplayer campaign released!

Here are the same 28 missions (14 for both races) for TD and 24 BDP, but:
you should play together. 2 allies against computer.

It have been implemented to play as similar as possible to single player campaign, but you should join the server before. As it's multiplayer campaign.
So, step-by-step:

- both players should join backup server, backup.war2.ru. Attention: it will work on backup server only, not on others.

- create game and select campaign maps as usual maps one-by-one. Important: till you win the first map, you won't be able to play second one! Same as on single campaign.
Every map should be possible to win by 1 player, but it should be x2 more difficult.

- Maps should be hosted as UMS. It's important, it will not work with different types.
But you can select any resources you want, it will select proper one itself.

Here's the link to maps:
ftp.war2.ru/war2/Maps%20&%20Campaigns/Multiplayer_Campanign.7z

Download, play and report about process and results!

Link doesn't work, can you please re-upload or fix it please ? Really good job to make this possible !

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 11:10:49 AM »
By the way, on the video doesn't show missions with active AIs so I'd like to know, which AI scripts are being used on these maps? Are the base game AI scripts being used for such ?  If so, there's some way to set specific scripts for the maps ?

Would appreciate the help. Thanks again

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 11:39:42 AM »
standart ai.bin file.
if you change this file in MPQ ais will be different.
and ai-selector plugin should work there too i think. where a1.bin a2.bin and etc.
cause he dependent on mission obj descriptions and they all are from standart war2.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:41:54 AM by Mistral »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 12:10:13 PM »
OK!!! looks great my friend, thanks for that info... Just one little additional thing:

I have just tested up XHuman3 (beyond the dark portal).And I saw that I got killed Turalyon in around 8 minutes but still didn't recieve any defeat window.

So from my experience trying alone the co-op. It seems like hero-death triggers may not work properly. Unless it's a problem from my side, can actually anybody take a look if hero-deaths are actually working  ? Thank you a lot.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 12:27:04 PM by dannyldd »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 12:27:35 PM »
lol wtf this is just edited original maps all with original AI presets.
i think you have modified ai.bin in your War2Patch.MPQ ?
you said they don't seem to be affecting the maps? wtf they should affect.
you are not changed pud maps? like open in map editor maybe?

oh tyrelyon in xhum3 probably bug i dnt know wtf. I just tested it and killed him and got defeat so it works normally.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 12:32:21 PM »
oh and WHERE do you tested it?
You shoud go to our war2 BACKUP server  (name in list is "if server is down")
then you should go to War2Mod channel and host this maps and play there.
WTF lol this is online campanign and not working in single. only on server.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 01:56:03 PM »
oh and WHERE do you tested it?
You shoud go to our war2 BACKUP server  (name in list is "if server is down")
then you should go to War2Mod channel and host this maps and play there.
WTF lol this is online campanign and not working in single. only on server.

Sorry friend. You're right, it will read ai.bin from the patch.mpq I just had a mess with the scripts and also those maps have different scripts being set.

I was testing it on the main server, but then joined the war2mod server and still didn't work the triggers. When I joined the war2mod channel then I got the trigger " you haven't beaten previous missions"... but I guess the turalyon-hero death triggers should work as expected...

I have one more question: Is there some way for regular user to set the briefing text/voices for each map manually ? Since on multiplayer you will just load the map but it seems like iL managed to set briefings into the map somehow. If this is not possible for regular user, will be this available with your triggers tool my friend?

Thanks again
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 03:39:19 PM by dannyldd »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »
its me who created this campanign triggers and lesnik created maps) iL just created this post as admin and helped with testing)

No custom briefings not possible because they all get text and etc from MPQ not from map. But if you change in MPQ then yes. But all players will be needed to download that changed MPQ.
I cannot put this in PUD map cause i cannot change info in MPQ manually from code. And there is no place for big texts in pud too. I created triggers very small to be, like 1-4 bytes each. But text is very big. And there is only 1000 bytes of free mem available in pud map.

Maybe even if texts would been possible somehow then not very big. But voices NO, cause just one .WAV file will be more that 1000 bytes already.

So for now there is only have trigger to call built in standart briefing from any origial war2 campanign mission. So if you change them in MPQ then they will be changed. But only for you, other players will be seeing standart briefing if they not donwload your changed MPQ.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline denierlexiese

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2021, 05:13:53 PM »
Just wanted to thank you all for doing this effort.  Tried out the first two maps and it worked great for initial test run.  I've been waiting years for something like this. Great job!

Really love the war2combat work done by the community.

Additional Side note appreciate the shaders integration, apm, and built in timer as well - and all the other fixes too! Thank you!

Offline denierlexiese

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2021, 05:18:19 PM »
Is there anyway to eliminate the need for both players to have beaten the level before playing?  Many random people join my games but we have to start over from level 1 because the other player hasn't completed the map yet.

Additional stretch request would be  - can we implement resource sharing?  I heard some trigger maps have resource sending via text commands. ex) !send gold teal player

Thanks!