Author Topic: Someone abusing triggers maybe?  (Read 4140 times)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Someone abusing triggers maybe?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 05:10:19 PM »
That youtube channel is tupac's btw.  I remember the speedy scrolling "Suspect" stuff back when he was working on an anti-hack.  Ultimately, it went no where.  He just continued to make hacks instead.  I was there the day he made that video,  you can see me in the chat at one point I think.  I hadnt known about the CPU hack though.  Maybe that explains why so many people appear to play like a CPU lol.  Sneaky way to enable a maphack without actually enabling one.  Offensive units would just run to bases for no reason at all and attack your enemy for you lol.  Come to think of it,  a few times I've found offensive units who appeared to be stuck trying to get to my bases in weird places where I'd expect the CPU to have gone and the opponent seemingly didnt realize they had units there.  The CPU does that A LOT because of the pathing problems in war2.  Man,  the shady shit people have come up with over the years....

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 01:08:21 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 05:50:02 PM »
That youtube channel is tupac's btw.  I remember the speedy scrolling "Suspect" stuff back when he was working on an anti-hack.  Ultimately, it went no where.  He just continued to make hacks instead.  I was there the day he made that video,  you can see me in the chat at one point I think.  I hadnt known about the CPU hack though.  Maybe that explains why so many people appear to play like a CPU lol.  Sneaky way to enable a maphack without actually enabling one.  Offensive units would just run to bases for no reason at all and attack your enemy for you lol.  Come to think of it,  a few times I've found offensive units who appeared to be stuck trying to get to my bases in weird places where I'd expect the CPU to have gone and the opponent seemingly didnt realize they had units there.  The CPU does that A LOT because of the pathing problems in war2.  Man,  the shady shit people have come up with over the years....

Well the CPU hack is only able in single player as mention in the other post earlier.

But you are right, i feel like some peoples really play like if they are CPU, sometime i ask myself if war2ru is not a kind of experimentation from high scientists in AI.

Feel like we have been throw in a kind of experience where they mix HUMAN and CPU to see how HUMAN react by playing with cpu without knowing the truth..

Always feel weird about the fact of playing with 80% of a community who act like AI and cant show themself for the last 20 years.

Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 04:06:48 AM »
Feel like we have been throw in a kind of experience where they mix HUMAN and CPU to see how HUMAN react by playing with cpu without knowing the truth..
o my gad...

Offline VVega

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 06:00:24 AM »
I hear what you guys are saying, but I've seen some weird shit and Equinox might not be wrong... and of course it would be arrogant to assume that it's not possible to hack this old game. I know it would be incredibly hard to stop these hacks, I think best is probably just try our best to expose them, and ban those who do hack (which isn't easy too, as they can just smurf)

Check out this weird encounter I had recently, I don't know if it's a hack, but WTF, I lost complete control of my peon. I've seen this before once with undine- losing control of his peon. I've clipped it on twich - the peon refused to rep and just moved around randomly.

https://www.twitch.tv/vincewar2/clip/IncredulousCrowdedChowderPastaThat

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 06:07:27 AM »
Check out this weird encounter I had recently, I don't know if it's a hack, but WTF, I lost complete control of my peon. I've seen this before once with undine- losing control of his peon. I've clipped it on twich - the peon refused to rep and just moved around randomly.
Haha!
I know what is it.
It was an enemy peon that hit you and he began to aggro at him. Because your peon did not have time to strike back (because you gave him another order). This happens with combat units, in this case, you need to put them on "keep the line".
It was not a random control. It's just that the peon ran to hit his abuser :)
Small bug. This is definitely not a cheat.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 12:16:22 PM »
Lol,  humorous,  but yes thats actually on purpose.  I've done this to stop peons from repairing,  making buildings, etc before.  You'll usually only see this type of uc very very early in a game as it doesnt have much affect in the later stages where seconds dont really matter.  The object is to get your peon as far away from whatever it is he was trying to do and if possible,  out right kill the peon.  But if the person wont fight,  making their peon run the opposite direction is the next best thing ;)  You'll more commonly see this with cats trying to attract idle units that are just barely out of it's reach,  but still close enough for splash damage to cause them to come home to roost lmao.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:20:59 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Droid

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 01:17:52 PM »
So are you saying its ok to hack now, to save you in a shitty map like peon race?
Yes, absolutely.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 01:23:37 PM »
I hear what you guys are saying, but I've seen some weird shit and Equinox might not be wrong... and of course it would be arrogant to assume that it's not possible to hack this old game. I know it would be incredibly hard to stop these hacks, I think best is probably just try our best to expose them, and ban those who do hack (which isn't easy too, as they can just smurf)

https://www.twitch.tv/vincewar2/clip/IncredulousCrowdedChowderPastaThat

you need press stop, thats old bug
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 03:45:12 PM »
So are you saying its ok to hack now, to save you in a shitty map like peon race?
Yes, absolutely.

Can't tell if serious..