Author Topic: wc2 stories  (Read 2855 times)

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
wc2 stories
« on: January 02, 2021, 04:00:59 AM »
i had just started playing end of 99 at zone, huge newb, i challenged rammer who was in the old school clan **, he was quite high up the igl ladder and i cannon towered him at 4.

i couldnt belive i won vs a good player, he was furious calling me shit newb etc, he started hiding units and pausing. then he fake igl reported a win for himself, i contested but igl believed him and awarded him the win.  fun times

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: wc2 stories
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 08:15:04 AM »
He was like the last zoner there was. Everyone left except him and a few others when b.net came out.

I went to zone and told him "if I beat you, you gotta come to b.net" he agreed and we played. I lost lol. But it was super close and surprised him. He still never came I dont think.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 05:09:33 PM »
I bought the war2 CD disk in 2001 and joined bnet. I was promptly attracted to the free castles community from then on. I played Free Castles from 2001-2003 and quit war2 due to some personal issues I was having at the time.

Around 2009 I got the itch to play the game again and googled war2. Was happily surprised to see RU was available and was free to play with no strings attached.
Seeing Free Castles was gone I gravitated towards the chop community and the minor archers community at the time. Got semi decent at chop farms and due to constant practice.
In 2011 I made a political statement and made a smurf "deathtoisreal" and was promptly IP banned by foonat.

Took a pretty long break from war2 at this point. in 2014 I started looking up war2 on youtube and found Brunt's festival series. Kept watching them again and again and eventually re downloaded the game and started playing again. (this time only Garden of War.)

Became an admin of RU in 2015 and have been looking after the server and forum ever since.
war2 > war3

Offline UncleBobbo

• Peon
    • View Profile
    • Games I created with friends
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 11:44:34 AM »
He was like the last zoner there was. Everyone left except him and a few others when b.net came out.

I went to zone and told him "if I beat you, you gotta come to b.net" he agreed and we played. I lost lol. But it was super close and surprised him. He still never came I dont think.

I remember the literal last day Zone was going to have the War2 room open. I was there man! I think it was just like me, GaNz, and Doritoe crying about it together. And maybe Celine_Jules. lol

I first played War2 on PS1. I had never heard of it and just picked it up as a rental. Then like a year later my friend showed me Heat.net and it was all over. I chose the bearded zombie avatar which looked a lot like my uncle Bob and knew immediately what my nickname had to be. The rest is history.

One of my favorite War2 memories was when SRxSmile showed me how you could load buildings into transports in the original War2. It was hilarious. He loaded a town hall into a transport at 3 on GOW and unloaded off the map and proceeded to mine it. Talk about hard to scout. ROFL
Wartoo

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 11:05:09 PM »
One time i was playing, I thought i was doing my best, i was 6 and holding my own, i expanded to 8 and didn't get enough guys out in time to help my partner. Shotgun said 6 was a newb and left. We lost...

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 11:51:54 PM »
RROOFFFLLLLL!!! (If you took offense, he does it to 98% of the community)

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 01:34:52 AM »
RROOFFFLLLLL!!! (If you took offense, he does it to 98% of the community)

Including his ally of 20+ years - me. Fuck you, Shotgun!

Offline KaNuKs~

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 02:45:16 PM »
I remember i once played ASH and KHB on gow and I was 5. One of them was 4 and the other went s6.

They both sent a peon and tried to gay me from the back.

They ended up both getting raped.

Offline Bobmariey

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 03:06:14 PM »
I remember i beat kanuks 13 times in a row in like 2002.  He kept crying telling me i always do the same thing 1 rax rush.  then he finally one won when i was s9. 

Offline KaNuKs~

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »
I remember i beat kanuks 13 times in a row in like 2002.  He kept crying telling me i always do the same thing 1 rax rush.  then he finally one won when i was s9. 

I don't remember any of that. i doubt i ever lost to you seeing how bad you are on your Sackbreath account.

Offline LoRyS.iT

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 05:54:22 PM »
when i was young i used to play F speed at insane APM AVG. Now i barely manage EF  :sob:

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 06:49:16 PM »
I remember the first thing I heard about Tupac. Someone was using the bot program to overload the server. I would hear him name again many times before I was able to speak to him on mousetopher's Discord channel. Me, my friend Sosay Cruz and Tupac were all talking when I warned Sosay of his reputation, well long before Tupac allegedly signed in with his account to TroLL il. Warbux, mousetopher, Tupac are much more legendary and better at war2 than tk. Stay tuned for top 100 TuPaC songs.

Tk is #1