Author Topic: idea for the most skilled impressive game  (Read 1541 times)

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
idea for the most skilled impressive game
« on: January 12, 2021, 05:42:43 AM »
ive had this idea for awhile, 2 top level players 1v1 frm good postions but the game is played on an extremely slow speed, slower than faster.. like on normal,

so the players have a redickulas time to mirco intensely and pull god like moves, the game is recorded on insight and speed up to normal and casted..

it would be painful to do but with in mind its a show match, played to impress

wat u guys think?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 05:46:06 AM by WillTheRealKoorbStandUp »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: idea for the most skilled impressive game
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 07:54:06 AM »
in my opinion the game is rather playable just in faster speed, not the fastest or more than faster (which is the highest level speed allowed by the game). The game has a ton of latency already in multiplayer but at least with faster speed allows you to micro units around, at least. It's just madness for me on how I see people playing in daily basis with the fastest speed.

Offline LoRyS.iT

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 08:33:40 AM »
the speed slower than EF should be enough. slower than that would be huge pain for whoever

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 06:06:05 AM »
like on normal

I would love to watch such a game even without playback acceleration.

Thank you for not hesitating to write such a thing when everyone around is stuck on "timings".

Low speed makes it possible to adequately control the entire map, and not just "where it was in time" (which gives a beautiful confrontation on all fronts), the fastest possible response everywhere, which removes the "one trick" win.
This makes the game less APM dependent and accessible to a much wider range of people, not just "skill mouse clicking" champs.

Clarification of terms for those who did not know:
BNE "Even Faster" speed is ~equal to Original War2 maximum speed.
A lot of people like the Fastest speed introduced in BNE, but for me it's the worst thing that happened to the War2.

I played a lot at speeds from EvenSlower to Normal until i left about 1998.
In the morning, before going to work, we usually had time to play 1-3 games.
It was like playing chess at breakfast almost everyday in 1997 :)

When I came to War2.ru in 2008, I was very upset that there was no one to play with at such speeds.
Will forever remain for me is better one real good game @EvenSlower game than 20 average poor games @EvenFaster.

The problem is that people are always in a hurry and do not understand the beauty of such a game
(without muscle memory strain and all sorts of "unrust").

In the original War2 there was a solution to the problem of too slow start - the speed could be adjusted right during the game (kinda chess with added time).
For example, we agreed that the speed can only be reduced. Starts at Faster then slow down to EvenSlower in most long games where the whole map (like B2B) has been filled with action.

Best wishes.
 :wc2:

Offline KaNuKs~

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 02:38:08 PM »
I thought about this too. It would help players who are getting old and can't click shits fast anymore but still have the brain to take good decisions. I won't name who :D