Author Topic: War2Mod (War2 with triggers) started on the main server  (Read 5094 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
War2Mod (War2 with triggers) started on the main server
« on: January 19, 2021, 08:57:12 AM »
Well, beta testing: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,6083.html is over, so looks like we got some part of community who like that War2Mod, but we don't plan to make that Mod feature mandatory or w/e, so we created the new channel War2Mod on the main server.

To play with mod, all the players should join War2Mod channel and create/join the game from it. Then the game will be started with triggers.

Now the main server: server.war2.ru will be used for stable War2Mod release and backup.war2.ru for development one.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: War2Mod (War2 with triggers) started on the main server
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 06:23:00 AM »
Congratulations to you, Mistral and anybody else to encourage and continue this so amazing project. I wish I had people to play with me previously in the beta phase. I'd definetely bring up more feedback  with all the options added up...

As an aside project, could it be possible another project-channel to modify the game units re-balance without any extra unit-buildings ? This way  we could play around with the units re-balanced to see way new options to play the game without altering the main one (as many people apparently want) and keeping up the war2mod creative project available as well.

This sort of thing used to exist in StarCraft 2 for a couple of years (while still was supported) where you could play a specific custom map to test next balance changes, so the map could be available a couple of weeks before the next patch came out.

Just my opinion / suggestions !

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 02:12:30 PM »
So new update version 1.36.2 (dnt ask why this number cause i just came up with it randomly (LOL)  :) )

Triggers changes:
1) now only melee units can steal resourses.
3) fixed some grapfical bug when building heroes from TH.
2) fixed some other bugs? maybe...

War2Mod changes:
1) So sheeps was very ussles so now you can actually EAT them (@Oragorn very happy now). :critter:
so exactly this means that if some unit kill sheep he get HP heal (but only if standing directly near sheep).
2) Player can have only 5 sheep to 1 TH he has. (button to build them dissapears from farm if u have too many)
3) Demons >:D nerfed and now they are Anti-Air and Anti-Mage. Cause they was too OP.
So now they deal only 3 damage to ground and sea units, but to Air units they deal x7 = 21 damage. And to mages they can deal +30 damage with manaburn. So if they attack mage and he have more than 30 mana they deal 33 damage and steal 30 mana. But if mage is empty and have like only 1-2 mana they will deal only 4-5 dmg.

Mod enabling changes:
So now War2Mod or Triggers System get enables not only from channel name but from game name too.
So now all games that have name starting from TRIG (in red color) will enable mods.
AND when u host game from War2Mod channel this game will automatically receive that prefix to game name.
So if you want to host game that have mods enabled go to War2Mod channel and host map from there. BUT people who joins can be from any channel you not need to ask an check every people if they joins from right channel. :omg: :thumbsup: :newthumbsup:
For people who joins you just see if game in list have name like └TRIG| some_game_name. this means this is game where mods will be enabled.

Anti cheat changes:
Removed singeplayer cheats packet receiving from all games on server. (not only war2mod and triggers maps games but from ALL games). :thumbsup: :chuckisthemuscle:
So now if some hacker somehow hacked and can use single player cheats in multiplayer this will not work.
And even if they directly send cheat packet this will not work too.
Cause other players War2 will not receive them.
And EVEN if they hacked this thing so their war2 can actually receive - this will not work too and they will be dropped from game instead. Cause their war2 will enable cheat but other players will not, and this will lead to just desync and drop.

So this version is now in Backup server already, u can go and test all changes.
Later @iL  :peon: will put this version to main server i think.

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 03:11:22 PM »
well. maybe some ppl like this kinda new stuff and editions.

I whatsoever will play only real war2 till I die. If .ru becomes some kinda modified shit game server some day, I will make my own server or just play in kali/or other system with few known peeps in small group.

IMHO this kinda classic games like war2 n quake etc, arent supposed to be edited. it is too legendary. put ur balanced hummies in ur fukin arseholes ( this was a joke, just to mention for extra tender ppl who get offended of everything and for that i also mention few words like nigger and spermface plz fukin ban me for being so rude and evil person <3 )

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 05:00:58 PM »
Ok new version is already on the main server right now! Our greatest admin @iL just installed it!

and there was one small change in war2mod.
now there is button in TH that created attak peons before now transforms normal peons to attak and back.

here is video example from @Oragorn

and this video here is example of what will happens if someone will try to use singleplayer cheats on our server now!
as @Oragorn said "Читы заюзал - говна пожрал" (translation is "you use cheats - you eat shit")
so there is white player on this video used singleplayer cheat in multiplayer game on our server.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 06:56:04 PM by Mistral »

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 05:01:30 PM »
I played a couple games with the mods and had fun w/ the new stuff.  Is there a current list of all the changes when playing a mod game?

Also, take away the ability to change the game speed in game.  Too easy to abuse or annoy people with it.

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 03:58:36 AM »
I played a couple games with the mods and had fun w/ the new stuff.  Is there a current list of all the changes when playing a mod game?

Also, take away the ability to change the game speed in game.  Too easy to abuse or annoy people with it.

When we bring the mod into a relatively balanced state, we will definitely write everything.
If suddenly, you want to look at many innovations, then you are welcome to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9WWfcr3S4HxKmNpiNUQkmQ

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 04:42:25 PM »
Another thing if possible - don't let people withou the right war2combat version join a trig game.  Or add the version to the status page so they can be booted before starting a trig game.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 12:37:41 AM by Player »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 07:20:15 PM »

nice mod mistral good work  :beam:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 07:29:01 PM »
lol wtf is this )

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 05:32:16 AM »
Looks like Dune 2000 buildings and units in War2  :thinking:

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 01:13:00 PM »
Deleted old resources exhange mechanics when peon going to allied th and etc.

Now when u playing war2mod or map with triggers u can just write in chat - /send 1000 gold red
and gold will be sended to red player.
(gold lumber oil)
(red blue green(teal) violet(purple) orange black white yellow)

this is already on backup server to test.
maybe in 2-3 days @iL will put to main serv.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:04:55 PM by Mistral »

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 10:25:38 AM »
Hello, what tools did you use guys to mod War2? You also have source code... is there any way to download it from somewhere?  :peon:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:37:52 PM by Vendar »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 04:01:18 PM »
Hello, what tools did you use guys to mod War2? You also have source code... is there anyway to download it from somewhere?  :peon:
There were hundreds hours of disassembling, debugging, programming...
I'm sorry, but i don't think we plan to publish the source code: there's a lot of research could be used by hackers to ruin the game.
Though there's a detailed description of triggers, there's flexible and allows to make as complicated behavior as you wish. You can use the existing trigger editor or write your own one.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2021, 04:40:41 PM »
Didn't think about hackers, but now I get it. Thanks for answer and tip with trigger editor