Author Topic: 45 sec  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
45 sec
« on: March 28, 2021, 11:29:28 PM »
ok so now on our server u not need to wait 45 sec of this shit.
instead u need wait just only 5.
just tested it with @iL right now.

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
45 sec: No more waiting for lagers / trolls
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:36:47 AM »
GJ :thumbsup:
No more waiting for lagers / trolls
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:48:34 AM by Available »

Offline justinschmidt

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: 45 sec
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 04:27:24 AM »
Praise be to dar and Spacebo for everything that you do. Spacebo to the evil overseer dilb for the ladder even if down. I am the best at warcraft 2.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 01:15:54 AM »
please amend this to 15 secs!!! too many ppl abusing it already in big games when they're losing....

great idea though @Mistral @iL !
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:39:38 PM by woofy »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 10:43:58 AM »
Whats the difference you will just wait ten more secondes before they abbuse of it?!
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline LoRyS.iT

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 03:05:12 PM »
up it to 15 i do agree, some ppl just have connection drop for few second than it restores. those cases are now runed games.
15 sec is acceptable for anyone and way more safe

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 05:01:13 PM »
some ppl just have connection drop for few second than it restores
Those ppl need to fix their connection. Is it really so difficult to get a normal connection nowadays? (rhetorical question, damn their poor wireless)

5 seconds is acceptable to avoid accidental click,
There are no obstacles to wait any longer, no automatically drop.
Feel free to wait an hour if you really need it. :)

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 05:41:03 PM »
some ppl just have connection drop for few second than it restores
Those ppl need to fix their connection. Is it really so difficult to get a normal connection nowadays? (rhetorical question, damn their poor wireless)

5 seconds is acceptable to avoid accidental click,
Feel free to wait an hour if you really need it. :)

is this your executive decision? because i've just supplied some pretty valuable feedback. 5 seconds is too short.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 05:54:27 PM »
is this your executive decision? because i've just supplied some pretty valuable feedback. 5 seconds is too short.
I know Available as a very smart guy knows a lot about war2 and it's mechanics, that's why i appreciacte his opinion.
Though let's discuss that, actually i have no idea which delay would be the best.

Which cases could require more than 5 sec timeout?
I can see 2 scenarios when drop player can make sense:
1. when someone with good internet connection have been disconnected for some reason. Broken comp or broken router/internet or w/e. That means his connection will be never restored. So he should be dropped ASAP.
2. when someone laggy is playing. His 45 sec can be delayed for 5-10 minutes, and the game is unplayable. Most likely other players just leave such game or ask him leave.

Also, if you have bad and laggy internet connection and you want to play toghether with your friend, you can just never press that drop button.

At the same time i think 10 or 15 sec would not be a big deal, it's still better than 45, but why not 5?..
Any arguments for that? I think we can change that 5 sec to any other timeout or even return it back to 45 if needed...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 06:01:30 PM »
5 seconds is too short
Please state the reasons in a more understandable form, unless of course this is an April Fool's joke

The only thing that makes sense (minor) is not to let someone disconnect you too quickly when there are only two of you in the game, but who cares if the enemy wants to disconnect - he will do it anyway, but if you are lagging ...

Feel free to wait an hour if you really need it.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 07:04:49 PM »
there has always been and always will be lag spikes in this pvpgn setup. lagspikes can come and go from user to user, ranging from a couple of seconds, to up to several seconds. in big games, the probability that someone will experience a lag spike is greater, and will be dropped by any of the losing players if they get a chance to. why take the loss when you can draw?

i've played less than 20 games since this 5second timer has been implemented, and have had 3 drops/ruined games already because of it. 15 seconds is more than enough time to allow for lag spikes to settle, from my experience the past few days - 5 seconds is far too quick.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 07:28:05 PM »
its time to use VPN/buy better IC for people who got bad connection/conflict with other people

its very annoying when im playing 1x1 some people want watch and they got disconnect per one game cause war2observer (not same person)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 08:34:07 PM »
i don't get it, why the lack of empathy for the casual player? most players these days don't have the time/patience to go out and purchase vpn's better internet etc for war2. i've predominately hosted 4v4's with newbies included, and as i've said, 3 games were ruined because the winning players were dropped after a couple of seconds.

this isn't enjoyable for anyone.

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 06:24:46 AM »
Believe it or not even in 2021 there are lots of places where good internet is simply not an option, especially in rural areas and they have to deal with some shitty 4g and whatnot. Like woofy said he  had 3 bad experiences with this 5 sec drop already, so I'd say make it something like 10-15 seconds. No need to change it back to 45 secs if someone lags that long he has most likely lost the connection already or lags so bad the game is unplayable.

This game is very sensitive about the quality of the connection and I can see that is gonna be abused by the losing players.

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 06:39:37 AM »
3 games were ruined because the winning players were dropped
Are you really lagging that much or are you just fib?
The number of such games is absolutely insignificant (Even taking this as an real argument)

Warvid please next time.