Author Topic: Automatic ss implemented on the server  (Read 13220 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic ss implemented on the server
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2022, 02:39:40 PM »
1 year left since the /ss system have been released.

2230 ss have been processed since 2021 May 13.

Moved old screenshots to a subdirectory.

You feel free to use /ss up to 3 times in a game any moment you want to request ss.

Let me know is some issues appear.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2022, 12:52:19 PM »
So if I read these right,  Fre4ky and Tennisball were pards and they BOTH map hacked on gow?  This Fre4ky person has over 4K games played.  That doesnt sound like Dellam to me,  but all those other games,  they all look dellam'ish to me :D  The L45 person,  looks very Dellam'ish to me just based on the SS and the placements.  I'm surprised to find that he had a name with over 2K games played on it.  Usually he makes a fucked up name,  plays on it for a night, then makes a new one.

I must say,  that PHP snippet for checking for 0 black pixels on the minimap is pretty clever :D  I never would have thought of that hahaha.  I have not used /ss yet but this sounds like a good reason to start.  I have to assume that the SS's are not available until after the server has registered all the players have exited right ;)

I have been using it today while waiting for a conf call and works great.  I like that it doesnt notify anyone that a SS of their screen was sent to the server.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 02:48:11 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2022, 03:55:07 PM »
seems like Fre4ky and Tennisball just opened ALL map legally. (vith vision and flying machines)
considering there is 30+ paladins near 6 on GOW on those "map hacked" ss
but dunno if this really possible to click vision this fast and make ss then before it darked again?

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2022, 09:12:09 PM »
seems like Fre4ky and Tennisball just opened ALL map legally. (vith vision and flying machines)
but dunno if this really possible to click vision this fast and make ss then before it darked again?

Nope, they do not have any blimps at all covering the middle nor anywhere else that doesnt have a unit(which is not in fog).  If it were,  the mini map would show areas without any allied units near it as a black grid as seen here in my own ss's:

http://server.war2.ru/ss/May16/264_GoWzs/185055__Lance_.png

The grid isnt visible on their SS's because there is no fog for them at all (they are literally map hacking,  both of them).  I also noticed that none of the other SS's in that folder have black grids either (including yours).  They should have black grids if the area has been scouted but simply has no units there to remove the fog grid.  However,  if you're used to hacking,  I dont think you'd realize this small fact?  What's your explanation of the missing grid in the GoW as well as your own SS's where there are no allied units to remove the black grid (such as the bottom right corner, or anywhere else for that matter).  I'm not aware of anything game wise that could be used to explain it away.

That clever PHP script correctly picked out all the hackers,  including yourself I think http://server.war2.ru/ss/May14/554_MICRO_GOLF/151226_Mistral.png  <--- why would you request a ss in a game you're hacking in,  thats what has me scratching my head.  The game name says "mini golf",  but the minimap is certainly not "mini",  the units on it look more like a 128x128 or 96x96.   It certainly isnt something like NWTR that's 32x32 where the units in the minimap would be huge and units can easily light up the entire map.  The mini golf SS's just dont look right.  I'd expect there to be units everywhere other than just the top left.  It looks to me like you are using one of the old map hacks that didnt re-create the minimap correctly when it was toggled OFF.  It was a toggleable hack but the minimap was always fucked up and you'd have to edit the SS to add the black and black grid back into the Minimap (the main view port was always correct).  But those were usually easy to spot since adding the black grid is NOT an easy task to do perfectly.  That's what this looks like to me.  My only explaination is that maybe you were testing it to see what a map hack looked like?  IDK,  looks weird to me man.  Obviously you have the ability to make a map hack properly.  Or maybe not?  Or is this "minigolf" thing played with maphacks on or something?  IDK,  not a map I play at all.

Your theory of someone lighting up the whole map with blimps and then un-allying them is not only reaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllly unlikely,  it also isnt technically possible because when someone unallies you,  the units on the minimap disappear AFTER the fog is replaced.  Which means you would actually see the reverse of the GoW SS where there are no units nor black grid,  you'd see the black grid along with units that they shouldnt be able to see.  The fog grid is replaced first and then the units are removed.  And that's IF the SS somehow takes place between the milliseconds between the unit and fog being removed.  HIGHLY unlikely. This is also demonstrable with a cat that's just out of sight range that shows it's position and then quickly fades away,  you can see the order in which things appear/disappear.

See below a zoomed in version of the link above:

Compare to the GoW SS with NO Black grid at all anywhere in the minimap.  Clearly a map hack.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:23:37 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2022, 03:03:00 AM »

Nope, they do not have any blimps at all covering the middle nor anywhere else that doesnt have a unit(which is not in fog).  If it were,  the mini map would show areas without any allied units near it as a black grid as seen here in my own ss's:

http://server.war2.ru/ss/May16/264_GoWzs/185055__Lance_.png

The grid isnt visible on their SS's because there is no fog for them at all (they are literally map hacking,  both of them).  I also noticed that none of the other SS's in that folder have black grids either (including yours).  They should have black grids if the area has been scouted but simply has no units there to remove the fog grid.  However,  if you're used to hacking,  I dont think you'd realize this small fact?  What's your explanation of the missing grid in the GoW as well as your own SS's where there are no allied units to remove the black grid (such as the bottom right corner, or anywhere else for that matter).  I'm not aware of anything game wise that could be used to explain it away.

That clever PHP script correctly picked out all the hackers,  including yourself I think http://server.war2.ru/ss/May14/554_MICRO_GOLF/151226_Mistral.png  <--- why would you request a ss in a game you're hacking in,  thats what has me scratching my head.  The game name says "mini golf",  but the minimap is certainly not "mini",  the units on it look more like a 128x128 or 96x96.   It certainly isnt something like NWTR that's 32x32 where the units in the minimap would be huge and units can easily light up the entire map.  The mini golf SS's just dont look right.  I'd expect there to be units everywhere other than just the top left.  It looks to me like you are using one of the old map hacks that didnt re-create the minimap correctly when it was toggled OFF.  It was a toggleable hack but the minimap was always fucked up and you'd have to edit the SS to add the black and black grid back into the Minimap (the main view port was always correct).  But those were usually easy to spot since adding the black grid is NOT an easy task to do perfectly.  That's what this looks like to me.  My only explaination is that maybe you were testing it to see what a map hack looked like?  IDK,  looks weird to me man.  Obviously you have the ability to make a map hack properly.  Or maybe not?  Or is this "minigolf" thing played with maphacks on or something?  IDK,  not a map I play at all.

Your theory of someone lighting up the whole map with blimps and then un-allying them is not only reaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllly unlikely,  it also isnt technically possible because when someone unallies you,  the units on the minimap disappear AFTER the fog is replaced.  Which means you would actually see the reverse of the GoW SS where there are no units nor black grid,  you'd see the black grid along with units that they shouldnt be able to see.  The fog grid is replaced first and then the units are removed.  And that's IF the SS somehow takes place between the milliseconds between the unit and fog being removed.  HIGHLY unlikely. This is also demonstrable with a cat that's just out of sight range that shows it's position and then quickly fades away,  you can see the order in which things appear/disappear.

See below a zoomed in version of the link above:

Compare to the GoW SS with NO Black grid at all anywhere in the minimap.  Clearly a map hack.

Spiteful and ignorant... Your level of discussion is almost as stupid as in political topics.

But if you are really interested, you can even make some tests by yourself
http://server.war2.ru/ss/May17/499_newblance/062053_11.png

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2022, 06:51:07 AM »
oh lol this my ss was from when Droid hosted nano golf
its 16x16 so there is all of entire map literally on ss
and i was obs so i had vision from other players so basically really saw entire map

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2022, 07:01:03 AM »
u can check those maps if u not think its possible to make 16x16
we even played 4x4  :) :)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2022, 11:22:18 AM »
Posting a map after the fact isnt going to change the fact that size of the units on the minimap in the CURRENT screenshot clearly indicate a large map,  not a small map.  Take a look at ANY NWTR screenshot and then compare it to what yours looks like.  Then come back and tell me they look the same size.  The SIZE of the map is mostly irrelevant,  the problem in your own SS is the lack of BLACK GRIDS that would be present when you're NOT using a maphack/cheat as seen in the SS's I already gave as an example.  So what does the map size have to do with the fact that you're caught hacking?

You cant tell me that it's a 16x16 when a 32x32 looks like the below 32x32 NWTR map.  Look how big the buildings are on the minimap for christ sakes.  Also notice the lack of black grid,  this is what a map hack would look like (I used single user with on screen cheat code to show how black grid is missing with a maphack/cheat enabled).

Just look how MASSIVE the units are on the NWTR SS vs yours.  MAJOR size discrepancy,  wouldnt you say.  It's not even close.  You're clearly playing with a maphack on a very large map.

I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt and suggest you were "testing" a maphack to see what it would look like in a SS with the /ss command,  but now that you're trying to come up with excuses,  IDK man.  You clearly have the ability to produce hacks and your own SS is exactly what a maphack would look like,  and you tried to say the map was 16x16 when it clearly isnt?  Something isnt adding up.  You do decent dev work.  Dont ruin it by getting caught hacking like this man.  I get that creating hacks is something you should be doing in order to combat them,  but using them yourself in a real game isnt why you should be making hacks :P

vs

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:44:04 AM by {Lance} »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2022, 11:45:29 AM »
bruh
when war2 gets non standart map size smaller than 32 its defaults minimap units for 128 substandart (1 cell for 1 pixel).
but the background of minimap itself is calculated pixel by pixel from map tiles and when its too little its getting some pixels from one same tile.

and before acussing me of someting u not even bothered to try to make most simple check - download maps and host them urself.
u will see same messy minimap with big tiles but small units.

for example those walls becomes big and etc.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2022, 11:47:52 AM »

http://server.war2.ru/ss/May17/499_newblance/062053_11.png

Congratulations.  You figured out how to use "on screen" to view the entire map (obvious due to the lack of black grid in the minimap).  Producing a SS that looks like a hack isnt the discussion retard.  The discussion is the fact that there is lack of black grids on a minimap which would indicate a map hack was used in a real game where people were expecting everyone else to be playing fairly.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:57:17 AM by {Lance} »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2022, 11:53:54 AM »
download maps and host them urself.

I would never DL a custom map.  It's against my religion.  I have never played a 16x16 because I dont think there are even any built in maps that small.  Based on what war2 does as maps gets smaller,  it makes perfect logical sense to expect a 16x16 minimap to be even larger than 32x32.  However, if that's REALLY what war2 does with something that small,  then cool.  That's better than the alternative as to what I was seeing based on 20+yrs of looking at minimaps on war2.  I dont even see a point to a map that small anyway :P

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2022, 11:55:26 AM »
The SIZE of the map is mostly irrelevant,  the problem in your own SS is the lack of BLACK GRIDS that would be present when

i was obs and had vision from all other players.
they had towers with vision 9 on all sides of map, so with map of 16x16 size i really saw the entire map.

and lol BRUH u not even tried to open others players ss from same game to check.
for example bloodyfist.
if u think my ss was messy then what u think is this lol.
http://server.war2.ru/ss/May14/554_MICRO_GOLF/151226_bloodyfist357.png
it litraly have black spot exactly where his small units on minimap.
but somehow he have opened all other entire map.
wtf isnt this not logical with normal map.
and u can check all others players in this game have same thing.
or check u8 ss, he have HD patch so u can clearly see the end of 16x16 map.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2022, 12:02:03 PM »
Thats what I would expect the screen to look like,  at least it has black grids in the minimap like I've been mentioning.  The main view port was never really the discussion.  So why would his have the black grids, and yours doesnt,  especially if you're just an OBS and even the player with the furthest vision cant see that far (hence the black grids on the mininmap indicating fog of war).  I want to know why YOUR screenshot is missing the grids.  Other players clearly have it,  why not yours?  Just being an observer doesnt remove the black fog of war grids.  And selecting someone's building doesnt improve your screens vision,  it remains the same.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:04:15 PM by {Lance} »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2022, 12:03:47 PM »
they played 2v2
i had vision from both teams
u8 team can see upper left corner but cannot see right side of map.
other team cannot see upper left but can see entire right side.

u can even see there is my dead orange peon in the center of map, i actaully writed /ss in chat when it dies.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2022, 12:11:30 PM »
IDK, I guess my not playing 16x16 (never have never will either, it would be a completely pointless dice roll fest) is causing me not know why the black grids on the minimap exist for everyone except you.  You didnt have a unit on the screen anywhere and other players have the grid.  The peon in the center dying appears to me to be the missing link.  Theres no way to tell where your peon started from the SS.  It's the only thing that could possibly account for this weird shit on a dumb map :D

BTW,  where did you see an orange peon dying?  It's not visible in your own SS.  I trust that it actually was in the center of the map and did indeed die while you were not looking at it and it's dying vision POSSIBLY had the entire map still in it's vision on the minimap given the absurd map size (why the hell would anyone want to play something that small lol).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:17:02 PM by {Lance} »