Author Topic: ANNOUNCING: War2 Ladder Summer Season - Garden No More  (Read 33402 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: ANNOUNCING: War2 Ladder Summer Season - Garden No More
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2021, 05:29:06 PM »
When I came back 10ish years ago I was forced to play GOWF because nobody played anything else. Before that I NEVER played GOW and hated it because that is all anyone used to play back on BNET. At that point, there were a lot more people playing on RU. So, I don't think the lack of diversified maps has anything to do with it.

As SG basically said, people are getting old, the game is old, and younger people don't want to play this given the other choices out there. We can give it the ole college try in an attempt to revive it but let's face it, it is what it is. Enjoy it while you can.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2021, 03:41:16 AM »
Yes the best chance to to keep current players and past players happy and active. Recruiting new players is kind of pointless IMO.

Offline BHC-JesK

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2022, 06:20:47 PM »
So what happened to ladder saisons? Why is gow not included in ladder again?

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2022, 11:06:31 PM »
@Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

Would you be able to fix the ladder to the way it was before all the changes?
war2 > war3

Offline BHC-JesK

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2022, 05:40:57 PM »

Offline BHC-JesK

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2022, 04:36:39 PM »
since there is no reply from blid and his ladder project is dead, it feels like one of the main features is missing for months now. i think this hurts the game.

@iL
is it possible for you or another admin to restore the old ladder? would a separate non-gow ladder be possible? deleting the main reason this game still exists (gow) from ladder sounds like a very bad idea to me

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2022, 05:57:31 AM »
since there is no reply from blid and his ladder project is dead, it feels like one of the main features is missing for months now. i think this hurts the game.

@iL
is it possible for you or another admin to restore the old ladder? would a separate non-gow ladder be possible? deleting the main reason this game still exists (gow) from ladder sounds like a very bad idea to me
It's possible to restore victory conditions (gow) to count new gow games as ladder.
Not sure how to count games already played
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2022, 02:34:30 PM »
Restore it as soon as possible so i can start playing 1s again, thank you!
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline BHC-JesK

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2022, 08:25:32 AM »

@iL
It's possible to restore victory conditions (gow) to count new gow games as ladder.
Not sure how to count games already played

that would be great! a fresh ladder with gow included would very good. i don't think old ladder stats still matter as long as the history is still there.