Author Topic: People can't join my games, yes I've read the how to port forward etc...help plz  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Leveran

• Critter
    • View Profile
Hey guys!
     First, if you're taking the time to read this THANK YOU. Here's my situation:

I am trying to play with my kid, both in the same house, over the same network. I am using an AT&T hotspot Netgear mobile nighthawk, which is on an IP pass-through to a Linksys AC1200 router. Whether I create the game or he does, neither of us can join because of high latency. Blah blah blah, I've port forwarded everything I can possibly think of, set static IP's to our machines, downloaded the latest BNE edition, went to bed at 3 am defeated.

Does anyone have any experience getting that to work? I am confident the issue lies somewhere in my setup, because I went to my brother's house, logged into WAR2BNE, and set up a game open to anyone and people were able to join.

I am starting to think maybe it is the real IP issue? But I thought the newer version of BNE allowed people to play regardless of that? Perhaps I am wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much! It is a great day to die.
You're a daisy if you do.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
@Available @Mistral @iL

There is a lot of information in this section Lev that should solve your issue. I would probably dig around in this support section for some assistance until one of the support admins become available.
war2 > war3

Offline Leveran

• Critter
    • View Profile
Will do that, thanks so much! I didn't see this section sorry about that!
You're a daisy if you do.

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Did you tick the "random port" when choosing install options? You will need to tick that to play with 2 computers on the same network.