Author Topic: [Release] Warcraft II Widescreen / High resolution patch  (Read 109039 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Warcraft II Widescreen / High resolution patch
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2021, 10:04:43 AM »
tk talk like a god damn robot who cant ajust himself to new mecanic because his 1999 programation is out of date and cant be updated.

I remember how you were acting the same when lambchops release this nice plug in of the wood bar and you make it remove.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 10:07:15 AM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2021, 05:48:04 PM »
I just released a new version with all the bugs fixed that were reported, check the first post for the download link. https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=6461.0

Changelog:
The bottom in-game UI was fixed and is now visible on 960x544 too
GOG version should now be supported as well
All menus are now centered to the screen
Added a new config program to make it easier to configure your renderer settings

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2021, 12:49:17 PM »
Ultimately it doesn't even matter because I have already uninstalled Warcraft 2.

I play Halo 5 .. waiting for infinite.

But changing how much vision a person has in their viewfinder will affect the game. And negatively affect people who do not have the same amount of vision in there viewfinder

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2021, 12:55:08 PM »
Ultimately it doesn't even matter because I have already uninstalled Warcraft 2.

I play Halo 5 .. waiting for infinite.

But changing how much vision a person has in their viewfinder will affect the game. And negatively affect people who do not have the same amount of vision in there viewfinder

I just played the first online game with iL and it's quite difficult to play like this... maybe it's not as good as you think. I tried the higher res version though, not the low one :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:01:49 AM by fois »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2021, 12:56:43 PM »
I just released a new version, check the first post for the download link. https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=6461.0

Changelog:
Does now support playtesting multiplayer games but only on the backup server

The new features like OBS that mistral added are not working yet so you'll have to play without it. Hopefully someone will stream a bit, would love to watch a few games!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2021, 01:35:23 PM »
I dled it lanuched single player, when I wanted go back with normal screen multiplayer all getways disappear
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2021, 03:19:06 PM »
The new features like OBS that mistral added are not working yet
i fixed

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2021, 04:07:07 PM »
I dled it lanuched single player, when I wanted go back with normal screen multiplayer all getways disappear

Edit: fixed

The new features like OBS that mistral added are not working yet
i fixed

nice!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 08:26:45 PM by fois »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2021, 05:11:15 PM »
I'm sure you feel like equinox (equinox is slang for down syndrome) when you try mouse scrolling on an asymmetrical resolution at first

But assuming you can mentally get past that, the extra 50% or so field of vision is an advantage

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 05:53:56 PM »
IN TERMS OF PVP MULTIPLAYER

Tk/SG are right in the sense that it definitely changes the game. You can't do this optional thing. Let's be honest, that is just a way for people to say FU to the people who don't want the change and is not a practical solution to anything. It's balls deep or don't even put it in.

Let's look deeper into this though. Why do it in the first place?

Do we simply want to change the gameplay because it would be something different/new? It's been how many years that this game has been out and 95% of the people have played this for.... lets say... 10ish+ years? They obviously like it, as they continue to play. Do they want change? (10+ years... think about it)

How many of those people will discontinue playing/play less if this is implemented? (Not going to lie, I've been waiting for a reason) Let's also not be swayed by the fact that we have probably have 10% of the population that use this forum.

Some of those 95%ers would like it for sure, but my own opinion is that most will not. I'm going to bet the more hardcore gamers (with exceptions of u8/player/mac/eq/etc) and more will resist this.

Is this an attempt to entice new players into playing the game by making it seem a bit less aged? Is this possibly a new direction war2 wants to take in the sense that the older players/ones who will drop off are less important than the aspect of future players? (there is a difference between ideology and practicality) Is that a calculated risk?

I personally am not looking to undo many of the things I've learned (Yes SG, it's not a lot, ha ha). I admit, I've been known to resist change. These are simply my questions and opinions.

On a side note: I am not trying to knock Fois/Mistral or anyone who has dedicated a lot of time and effort into any of this. I like the creativity and think that they enjoy doing this as well. I also appreciate their very neutral approach to presenting their creations (IT'S ALLLIVEEEE!!!!). I thank them for that.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 06:02:49 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2021, 08:57:22 PM »
IN TERMS OF PVP MULTIPLAYER

Tk/SG are right in the sense that it definitely changes the game. You can't do this optional thing. Let's be honest, that is just a way for people to say FU to the people who don't want the change and is not a practical solution to anything. It's balls deep or don't even put it in.

Let's look deeper into this though. Why do it in the first place?

Do we simply want to change the gameplay because it would be something different/new? It's been how many years that this game has been out and 95% of the people have played this for.... lets say... 10ish+ years? They obviously like it, as they continue to play. Do they want change? (10+ years... think about it)

How many of those people will discontinue playing/play less if this is implemented? (Not going to lie, I've been waiting for a reason) Let's also not be swayed by the fact that we have probably have 10% of the population that use this forum.

Some of those 95%ers would like it for sure, but my own opinion is that most will not. I'm going to bet the more hardcore gamers (with exceptions of u8/player/mac/eq/etc) and more will resist this.

Is this an attempt to entice new players into playing the game by making it seem a bit less aged? Is this possibly a new direction war2 wants to take in the sense that the older players/ones who will drop off are less important than the aspect of future players? (there is a difference between ideology and practicality) Is that a calculated risk?

I personally am not looking to undo many of the things I've learned (Yes SG, it's not a lot, ha ha). I admit, I've been known to resist change. These are simply my questions and opinions.

On a side note: I am not trying to knock Fois/Mistral or anyone who has dedicated a lot of time and effort into any of this. I like the creativity and think that they enjoy doing this as well. I also appreciate their very neutral approach to presenting their creations (IT'S ALLLIVEEEE!!!!). I thank them for that.

The question is not about, '' is that a good idea or not '' the questions is about the fact that you guys always acting like old cats who cant adapt to any change.

We are in 2021, peoples whos play videos games are younger, and style have change, peoples love games with updates and constant evolution.

You guys are always acting like if this game belong to the past and nothing cant change.

This mentality keep the same peoples to play over and over because they are use to play that since many years, but can become really borring to other player whos love evolution.

You guys are talking about advantage and shit like thats, but at this point it's an advantage that everyone can have, if you still play on your 19 inch screen from 1995, then there nothing we can do for you.

Most of peoples around the world have 24 inch and 144 hrz monitor and thats a fact.

You guys talk about advantage, but where you guys were when it was time to talk about those mpq modification??!

An advantage his something that only 1 players or a particular bunch of player can only have, like mpq modification.

But giving you the choice in the original game with different option is not an advantage, it's a choice,  if you wanna keep playing on weird resolution, thats ur own probleme.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 09:57:55 AM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2021, 03:44:19 AM »
WoW
Probably first time EQ said something good
And i even agreed with it

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2021, 05:54:36 AM »
I agree with Nox completely. Take a look how strongly RTS games evolved since Warcraft 2. If you want to stay with it "in 1995" that's fine, I like to play original DOS version too... once for 5-6 years.

BNE edition for War2 improved the game already with double-click selecting same type of units or by attack-move order. It wasn't implemented in original DOS version, so why are you using it?  :P

But on the other hand Warcraft 2 might be much better and fun game to play if community improve few ancient mechanics. Better resolution, selecting more units than 9 or tasks queue for units would be great and I think it won't ruin the game, but it make it more comfortable and easy to play.

It's not autocasting Heal spell feature, it's just a better resolution ;)

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2021, 12:57:37 PM »
I just wrecked 7 comps while using the patch.  I liked 832x480 the best because it didn't feel too different.  On 960x544 I was miss clicking all over the place, would take some getting used to.  Overall, seems like a good improvement.  Nice job.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2021, 03:02:46 PM »
I understand both sides and I think they both have valid points. It more just comes down to, what is best for the people/game I would say.

If we think about this from a basic ideology and move towards a more advanced one, these may be some options. (I know nothing about this stuff or if it is even possible but I would like to at least throw out some ideas which could trigger more)

1) Being able to change the resolution on login, while in channel, or ideally in the game lobby would be great (other games can do it while you are online). The redownload part I don't picture people doing to change it back and forth.

2) Can you mandate maps to require certain resolution restrictions. IE- 3+ GOW maps for each mandated resolution or you could get more advanced where you can select 2 of the 3 and then one where you can use any of the 3 options. (not ideal)

3) If you are able to make the resolution change in the lobby, you have a dropdown as to what resolution options you can choose from based on the host's restrictions or even if there are no restrictions.

Maybe there is a middle ground that could be made to please everyone and we can work together as a team.