Author Topic: [Release] Warcraft II Widescreen / High resolution patch  (Read 109064 times)

Offline maciek

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Warcraft II Widescreen / High resolution patch
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2021, 10:31:25 AM »
@fois
Fixed chat in game - nice  :ok_hand:

When I plugged in second monitor, game keeps crashing. I can only play when there is only 1 screen or screens are duplicated

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2021, 11:56:47 AM »
@fois
Fixed chat in game - nice  :ok_hand:

When I plugged in second monitor, game keeps crashing. I can only play when there is only 1 screen or screens are duplicated

Hmm yeah... i can reproduce it, but I don't have a good solution for it yet. You can try the ddraw file I attached, It doesn't change to 640x480 when you join the lobby, that means the lobby is small but at least it doesn't crash. Will try to find a better solution for it soon!

Edit: ddraw file is now included in the main download
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:42:33 AM by fois »

Offline fulldecent

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2021, 07:53:19 PM »
Looks great in the pictures.

I tried the instructions to install it and end result is that starting Warcraft flashes the screen and will not start the app. I get a popup in Windows that says Start Warcraft II before you click OK.

Uninstalled everything, reinstalled, didn't work. Created new user account. Didn't work.

The only thing at all I use that computer for is Warcraft.So I would love to press the "reset whole computer" button. But for some reason they don't make that button.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2021, 02:04:37 AM »
Looks great in the pictures.

I tried the instructions to install it and end result is that starting Warcraft flashes the screen and will not start the app. I get a popup in Windows that says Start Warcraft II before you click OK.

Uninstalled everything, reinstalled, didn't work. Created new user account. Didn't work.

The only thing at all I use that computer for is Warcraft.So I would love to press the "reset whole computer" button. But for some reason they don't make that button.

Make sure you start the game from the new Warcraft_II_HD.exe that's included in .zip, don't use the old shortcut/loader!

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2021, 02:07:17 AM »
I just released a new test version, check the first post for the download link. https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=6461.0

The build from yesterday had a bug that could crash the game sometimes, please re-download!

Offline Legend102

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2021, 10:05:10 AM »
Using the high res on the max resolution possible, everything is well except for the edges, when i scroll to move it will freeze on the edge of the screen.. Im using dual monitors. I have the ddraw file from the post in my war2 dir. any fix for this?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 10:13:39 AM by Legend102 »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2021, 11:42:00 AM »
Using the high res on the max resolution possible, everything is well except for the edges, when i scroll to move it will freeze on the edge of the screen.. Im using dual monitors. I have the ddraw file from the post in my war2 dir. any fix for this?

Found the bug and fixed it, updated the download in the first post. Don't use the other ddraw file anymore, I included the fix now in the main download as well

Offline durazno33

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2021, 09:39:41 PM »
This resolution fix is a great improvement that needed to be done a long time ago so thanks for taking it on. 

I noticed that this patch seems to have messed with the AI some. When I play a custom scenario against an AI, it builds a town hall and two farms and then gets stuck. It did the same thing in a multiplayer LAN game as well. Any idea why?

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2021, 12:21:53 PM »
This resolution fix is a great improvement that needed to be done a long time ago so thanks for taking it on. 

I noticed that this patch seems to have messed with the AI some. When I play a custom scenario against an AI, it builds a town hall and two farms and then gets stuck. It did the same thing in a multiplayer LAN game as well. Any idea why?

Hm, that's strange, it does work fine for me. What kind of game installation do you have? GOG? War2Combat? CD-Install?

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2021, 01:17:27 PM »

you are using diffrent ai, maybe from my campaign, I used it for  also, so AI wont build as in normal
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline durazno33

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2021, 07:02:00 PM »

Hm, that's strange, it does work fine for me. What kind of game installation do you have? GOG? War2Combat? CD-Install?

you are using diffrent ai, maybe from my campaign, I used it for  also, so AI wont build as in normal

I am playing using the War2Combat version. When I play using the Warcraft II BNE.exe, the AI works as expected. When I use the Warcraft_II_HD.exe, all I get is this below when doing a custom scenario or multiplayer.  I've built a full base meanwhile the AI is just 2 farms and a few peasants

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2021, 05:39:59 AM »
Show us screen from normal resolution or reinstall w2
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2021, 05:41:14 AM »
I did a fresh install of War2Combat and tried it again, works fine there too

Offline Talrand

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2021, 04:02:32 AM »
I'm having a small problem with this version.

When I launch it, it launches in fullscreen, but as soon as I connect into the server (even before logging in) the game goes into windowed mode (can't use alt+enter to go into fullscreen) and it stays like that until I join a lobby, when I join a lobby it goes into full screen again.

Did I just mess up with a setting or something? And just out of curiosity, should alt+enter still be working in this version?

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2021, 09:00:57 AM »
I'm having a small problem with this version.

When I launch it, it launches in fullscreen, but as soon as I connect into the server (even before logging in) the game goes into windowed mode (can't use alt+enter to go into fullscreen) and it stays like that until I join a lobby, when I join a lobby it goes into full screen again.

Did I just mess up with a setting or something? And just out of curiosity, should alt+enter still be working in this version?

Make sure you extract all files from the .zip into your game folder and it should work fine (lobby will be fullscreen). Just don't open "Warcraft II Config.exe" anymore since it will revert some changes, use the new "Warcraft_II_HD_Config.exe" now instead. The presentation modes "windowed" and "borderless" will run the lobby in a window, "Fullscreen" and "Fullscreen Upscaled" will run the lobby in fullscreen.

Alt+Enter does still work, but it does currently not work in the lobby