Author Topic: War2Rebalanced - We need your feedback!!!  (Read 16278 times)

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
War2Rebalanced - We need your feedback!!!
« on: December 08, 2021, 07:45:48 AM »
2021 year was filled with lots of meaningful events.  :peon:

And... The 2021 year is not over yet, and... In the day before the anniversary of our beloved game Warcraft 2, we would like to present you the newest and very cool game mode!!!!!

That's War2Rebalanced!!!!!  :wc2:

In this gamemode we tried to convert our game experience into something useful, and created a balanced Warcraft 2.

The changes coming up into the original War2:

1) Rally-points in buildings
2) Easier multicast of spells
3) Towers manual control
4) Allied transports
5) Some AI fixes (the AI became stronger)
6) Repairing ballistas and catapults

Orcs are not changed. And humans got the strongest balancing:  :omg:

7) Autoheal!!!!! Now the paladins can heal anything alive automatically. Of course, you can enable or disable this option during the game, there is a new special button in the Church.

So thus except the balancing of War2 we introduced some useful controls.  :chuckisthemuscle:

We HOPE for your FEEDBACK!!!

Also note, that in order to make the process of further balancing more easy, please test the War2Rebalanced before saying any thoughts about the balance not proved with practice.

Thank you for the attention!  :innocent:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 08:41:49 AM by Oragorn »

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: War2Rebalanced - We need your feedback!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 07:47:44 AM »
We reserve the first message.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 08:34:37 AM »
I dont think so people want change gameplay after 20 years

1.rally points, noone is making 20 rax(expect bgh) to be usfull, peon auto going to mine/wood? most of people got 20 peons in game and we are playing EF, enough time to control peons/army

2.??

3. less micro? no more tower bug?

5. repairing cats is bad because it is impossible to kill a catapult in a catapult war (like s9 vs 9) s9 has  advantage, if the cats can be repaired it will be more difficult for 9 since s9 can easy kill peons, similar to break dual will also be more difficult, dualer will got more peons to repair his cats

6. heal? its bad still better to have 240 mana to kill dk with exo, autoheal wont make human stronger, it should be something like +4 extra armor after palladin upgarde

I say no

http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 08:44:03 AM »
Added "4) Allied transports".

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 09:23:14 AM »
I say no
First, I would like to point out that such an innovation will help to better popularize Warcraft 2. Because among them there are many things that are so appreciated in modern RTS.
Further, no one says that all the improvements will affect personally the players who have played the game for 20 years. Moreover, the usual classics will definitely remain.

1. No need to speak for everyone. There are quite a few people in my environment who would like to see this opportunity in the game.
2. Now it is not necessary to use the old multicast, because when the same units are selected, the spells will not be lost, and you can all cast some kind of spell at once.
3. The Towerbug is still there. It's just that now you yourself can, if you wish, choose where to shoot the tower.
5. I agree, this is a controversial innovation. It needs to be run in.
6. Tests show quite adequate healing, and it really helps in battle. The bloodlust of the orcs is still stronger, but now the humans have the resources to oppose something to the orcs. (for example, if you catch an orc without bloodlust, then paladins with auto-heal will disassemble them almost in the same way as an orc with bloodlust of ordinary knights).

Don't jump to conclusions. We kindly ask you to test all this first. And then speak up! Let's not be unfounded!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 09:50:05 AM »
 few people like who? are they playing? or they log one time per month and playing 2 games?

only active players should be allowed to vote, and most active players are not reading forum

its like HD patch when some people whos not playing didnt want allow it and they are not even playing

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 10:07:07 AM »
 few people like who?

its like HD patch...
These are already other topics. They can, if desired, be discussed separately.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 10:23:17 AM »
Everything seems fine except cat repairing.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 10:34:57 AM »
few people like who?

its like HD patch...
These are already other topics. They can, if desired, be discussed separately.
Make a vote and lets see what happen and who vote

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 11:48:20 AM »
No vote, just go for it.  This is just another game mode option so you can still host and play classic mode.

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 11:57:36 AM »
If this is as simple to use as choose game mode in lobby, I don't think there is any need to vote or anything. Those who want to play it can play, nobody is forced to. Good job btw I for one would like to see humans playable in lategame too instead of just orcs  ^-^
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 02:12:16 PM by 8)MikulZ(8 »

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »
Is there any contradictions here?
most active players are not reading forum
Make a vote

...Where is the sense to start verbal battle?

I personally do not like it, but I treat it neutrally, because it is made by a separate mode: No one forces you to play this mode.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2021, 12:18:54 PM »
How many people Play with mod heros? Since you add it? And im not count ums like tower def(great map mistral)

Fois made HD patch(great job) im sure that half people still dont know it, admins cant change topic, l asked tora, he cant, there is still about mouse when you log at bn

How many games per month people Play sea and its not 1x1, dont count hsc old since you can win there without ships, just jump?
Why you must share transport with your Ally and I dont think so that its possible in any mutliplayer game

Dont make wargus, they allready made it

And most important question why people who want Play new balanced(its not xd) game dont move to backup?!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 01:01:47 PM by Szwagier »

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »
How many people Play with mod heros? Since you add it? And im not count ums like tower def(great map mistral)

Fois made HD patch(great job) im sure that half people still dont know it, admins cant change topic, l asked tora, he cant, there is still about mouse when you log at bn

How many games per month people Play sea and its not 1x1, dont count hsc old since you can win there without ships, just jump?
Why you must share transport with your Ally and I dont think so that its possible in any mutliplayer game

Dont make wargus, they allready made it

And most important question why people who want Play new balanced(its not xd) game dont move to backup?!

So don't play their mods.  Not a big deal, let them implement their new modes.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2021, 12:43:37 PM »
Side question for @Mistral - can we add Triggers to the new game mode option instead of having to host from a different channel?  I think I saw that on the back up server.