Author Topic: Give ur Ideas for future features in rebalance mode!  (Read 20161 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Give ur Ideas for future features in rebalance mode!
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2021, 02:47:53 PM »
Can you show me any video of that?
https://bit.ly/3peX4Cu

Sure you will rick roll bro, because nobody do that, maybe some kind of players like braviet and paperboy who love to do random strategie, but in general top players will not made archers, thats a fact.

Thats was a valuable strategie in 2010 when everyone was bad, not in 2021 anymore.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 02:59:36 PM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2021, 02:49:44 PM »

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2021, 02:57:54 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1237796786

So wait did you just give me a video of braviet failing on U8 with trolls just to proof everything i just said before?

First he dint unchoke nothing, u8 just realize he was outrushing him and ran after him, because like i told you if you made archers to unchoke someone you will barely do no damage and you will be outrush...

You just proove everything i just said and what funny is 1 post before you post that clip i told you only braviet or parperboy sol will do that kind of newbe stuff and you literally post a video of braviet  losing with this strategie lol.

You surely can clip it so we can see the rest of the video.

Com on bro lol  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 03:01:32 PM by Nox »

Offline durazno33

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2022, 03:58:39 PM »
What about giving archers +1 range and more attack but keep firing rate the same? They would be better behind walls but would still die fast when attacked directly.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2022, 01:03:58 PM »
Why not just rename title of thread "suggestions on how to split community up and kill game faster?"

Offline pianolarva

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2023, 10:54:12 AM »
Are there people developing/playing/interested in this mod?
I'm new, but I found fliers to be infeasible. Can that be modified?

Offline AmishGangsta

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2023, 06:25:00 PM »
Make three minor changes to Humans - anything drastic, and the player base will split.

Don't have to reinvent the wheel:

1.) Mages start out with slow.
2.) Paladins heal is a little more effective -- in some way shape or form (at least make it worth upgrading to).
3.) Fix Ballista's - I believe there's a small delay in one of the animations.

Offline AmishGangsta

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2023, 06:57:51 PM »
I wouldn't even touch the orcs - just give Humans a minor boost to those two units (which has been obvious for decades).

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2023, 08:52:25 AM »
There is a mod created which focuses on just the heal. it uses auto
heal but the orcs still more op, but it’s a lot more manageable. 
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline Buttercraft

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2023, 01:13:34 PM »
Make three minor changes to Humans - anything drastic, and the player base will split.

Don't have to reinvent the wheel:

2.) Paladins heal is a little more effective -- in some way shape or form (at least make it worth upgrading to).
3.) Fix Ballista's - I believe there's a small delay in one of the animations.

Sensible post.

Mages are fine.

Paladin speed upgraded to ~16, run and heal would balance well against lust, and leave the rest.

Offline Buttercraft

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2023, 01:21:18 PM »
Alternatively slow down Ogres to 12 (-1) and speed up Paladins +1 or +2

Offline Richardtextex

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2023, 12:49:26 PM »
Hi Friend, here are some ideas i have in mind.

- Troll/Archers lags before shot solution is ok. And i think i could shot a little faster to make them a viable unit to mix with grunts. Right now, nobody use them cause Towers are more cost/effective in defense.
- Catapults have a small problem, when u almost shot something, and click to move, the charge dissapear and u miss the opportunity. Thats is annoing if u are supporting an attack. And could have a bar, to show u when they are ready, like the chop bar.
- Paladin Autohealing is the best upgrade to counter lust, but bloodlust is waaayyy op. Healing could cost 3/4 MP to balance this or Lust do double damage instead of triple
- DKnights Raise Dead range could be 9 (i think is 6, and Exorcism is 10) to cast more far away from battle, so the Skeletons could defend the mage when its run away. And the skeletons cost 25MP.

This one are the "BASE" one for me, that doesnt involve to much changees.
Others i ll love to see could.

-Mage´s Fireball could explode at the end or when it hits and Structure. Death Coil is fine, cause it never miss and heals and Expensive/useful unit
-In Warcraft1 Humans have Water Elemental and Orcs, Daemons. This ones were a nice touch and add variety. Could be build in the same Magetower.
-If Blizzard dont kill the enemy, they could be slow down, like "freezing" just a small time. DDecay could have like a burn effect.
-Repair Catapults/Ships with peons
-Transport could board 9 units
-Archer/Troll could be fasters than Grunts (speed 10) like 11 so they can hit and run. This cause, for logic, they are a base unit with lighter armor than grunts. And Ogres could be 12 cause Powerfull but big and slow, and Knights 14 so they can hit, run, heal and comeback.
-If u upgrade to Ranger/Berserk
+ 10 HP (default)
+ 3 Sight
+ 1 Speed
+ 1 Armor
And when u reach Castle/Fortress, 255 MP so they can shot magic arrows/axe like DIABLO Cold Arrows and Flame Axes. 100 Mana Cost, and 3-5 more DMG.
Now they are more useful to attack and counter defend dragons/gryphnos.
-Stables/Ogre Mound. When u reach Castle could have Upgrades, like Stell Hammers/Gloves +1 DMG, Heavy Armor +1Armor, Combat Training +1 Speed.
-Demosquad can do a little attack dmg, not just explode and die. More than a Peasant, but less than a base Archer.
- When u reach Castle/Fortress, can build 1 HERO of your choise, and rebuild it when necessary.

I Think, this could change the game to be more In-Game Tactics focused, and not just build a bunch of Ogres, lust and send them to attack. Warcraft2 is a Production game, the more/fast you produce, the more chances to win. So with this changes, you could have tons of different strategies.

Thanks for trying to make this masterpiece more re-playeable. If i could help you with something let me know.
Keep the good work. (English is not my native language) ;)

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2023, 07:18:16 AM »
sappers already can attack in default game lol wtf

for hero there is already triggers game mode (with many cursed stuff including heroes)

there was cats repair before in rebal but was removed cuz peoples not liked it seems

transport cannot get more units cuz memory limited

rangres and berserkers cannot have mana because they actually using this stat already its just hidden - berserkers heal 1 hp per 240 mp regen when they have upgrade and rangers have it too even though they not regen hp from it

bloodlust actually dealing x2 dmg and works as intended but only for unarmored units, for units with armor it can change depends on armor and upgrades up to x3 or even x4 (cuz armor removed after doubling damage)

long reload after reorder actually not only catapults have this problem - its for any unit, ranged units like archers or especially catapults just have long reload animation after shot and if attack animation actually started u cannot stop it u need to wait to end but to actually shot projectile unit must have attack order not move order or some other
u can do this thing with grunts too - if u order them move or stop the instant they started attack animation they will actually STILL swing axe but not deal damage or make any hit sounds but then it seems like they immedeiately can make one more hit - its just because they not have idle standing "reload" animation between axe swings
(actually they have but its only 1 frame, while cata have like 140 frames delay)

changing units speed actually possible but prob still cannot make archers usable by many peoples (until u make them so op than grunts are usless but then we basically have same problem again)
archers problem is not only speed or long reload its also economically - u need build extra lumbermill its not worth from start of game unless u go some tower rush or tower def
and in mid game u prob will have like 6-10 grunts already so u only need archer for some special situation like shotting peon who repairs building to open path (and peoples prefer use catapults for this)

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2023, 05:26:40 PM »
Why not just rename title of thread "suggestions on how to split community up and kill game faster?"

dumb post from a moron