Author Topic: All but russia servers are down or I only see Russia  (Read 2037 times)

Offline AlexWar2

• Critter
    • View Profile
All but russia servers are down or I only see Russia
« on: February 23, 2022, 08:51:08 PM »
Hello, it seems all the servers are down apart from laggy Russia and the GOG servers I can't join.

I see images on the website war2.ru with USA servers and more, but I don't see them in my list. I also can't download the registry file or gateway editor, chrome wants to open the links in Microsoft Edge but Edge doesn't do anything... ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/Warcraft2Gateways.zip

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: All but russia servers are down or I only see Russia
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 01:01:06 AM »
Hi!
Main server is not Russia, it's hosting location is USA.
Should work fine now.
Probably some problems in your locations. I can see everything is working or *.ru from my side

UPD: attached ru .reg-file
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 01:25:14 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 10:47:53 PM »
With the way things are going,  any server located in Russia could go offline soon if the 5 backbone lines get sanctioned (which I have heard through my employment grapevines is very possible within the next 3 weeks if certain conditions are met).  It would be good to move anything out of Russia colocation sites if it isnt already.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline AlexWar2

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 10:57:58 PM »
Hello iL,

I didn't know the server was hosted in the USA... Cool!
And thanks, the server appears to be faster for me now, no more frequent lag spikes!

I was just confused because I see {temp001.png} in my game and the website shows {temp002.png}.
Maybe it is my internet provider in South Korea... Glad I'm moving back to Canada soon.

Thanks,
AlexWar2 (aka CMDRJohnAlex in game)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 02:13:57 AM »
With the way things are going,  any server located in Russia could go offline soon if the 5 backbone lines get sanctioned (which I have heard through my employment grapevines is very possible within the next 3 weeks if certain conditions are met).  It would be good to move anything out of Russia colocation sites if it isnt already.
I didn't hear about that, thanks!
Well, now how it does with our servers:
- main server, server.war2.ru is located in USA, Newark, NJ
- websites (en.war2.ru, forum.war2.ru) are located on site hosting located in USA also,
- russian part (war2.ru, backup, ftp) are located in Russia.

So, things should work fine.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 02:17:17 AM »
I was just confused because I see {temp001.png} in my game and the website shows {temp002.png}.
temp001 is actual list of servers,
temp002 is obsolete picture (no .me servers and old official blizzard servers working anymore).

Maybe it is my internet provider in South Korea... Glad I'm moving back to Canada soon.
Nice! I hope South Korea and Canada should not have problems with USA servers.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 12:09:46 PM »
Internet connections within Russia itself will still work (maybe),  so I suppose the russian side of war2 is fine being there.  Some of what I heard is now being reported in the media this morning although that's only the tip of the planned iceburg.  There is a real chance that the backbones themselves could be shutdown (either willfully or forcefully) which would essentially cut off 85-90% of all internet traffic to/from internal Russia.  Do us all a favor and throw a couple molotov cocktails in Putin's bed.  I dont believe you or anyone associated with this project are pleased with his absurd land grab,  at least I hope not anyway.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 12:14:12 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.