Author Topic: Forum and site migrated  (Read 2293 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Forum and site migrated
« on: February 28, 2022, 04:00:27 PM »
Here's the message i got from old hoster:

Russia service termination

Dear Ilya,

Unfortunately, due to the Russian regime's war crimes and human rights violations in Ukraine, we will no longer be providing services to users registered in Russia. While we sympathize that this war may not affect your own views or opinion on the matter, the fact is, your authoritarian government is committing human rights abuses and engaging in war crimes so this is a policy decision we have made and will stand by.

If you hold any top-level domains with us, we ask that you transfer them to another provider by March 6, 2022.

Additionally, and with immediate effect, you will no longer be able to use Namecheap Hosting, EasyWP, and Private Email with a domain provided by another registrar in zones .ru, .xn--p1ai (рф), .by, .xn--90ais (бел), and .su. All websites will resolve to 403 Forbidden, however, you can contact us to assist you with your transfer to another provider.

Customer Support,
Namecheap

Though they said about March 6, 2022, hosting stopped working yesterday.

That's very sad to have such problems, war2.ru has no relation to any kind of war against any country or w/e, we just want to let everybody enjoy playing war2.
Everybody in the world.

Looks like both en.war2.rn and forum.war2.ru are working now.
Some small functionality is not working, i'll fix that a little later...
Let me know if something became broken.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 04:19:45 PM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Forum and site migrated
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 04:21:29 PM »
Glad to see it back.  Send dear Putin a molotov cocktail for us.  Dude has completely gone off his rocker spewing completely obvious lies in order to justify his absurd actions.  Looks like both Biden and Putin are showing signs of retardation due to age.  Biden doesnt know where he is or what he's talking about 95% of the time and Putin seems to be living in a fantasy world where things happen that havent actually happened in reality / history.

I sent you a PM regarding the domain itself btw.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 04:40:13 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 07:31:20 PM »
Here's the message i got from old hoster:

Russia service termination

Dear Ilya,

Unfortunately, due to the Russian regime's war crimes and human rights violations in Ukraine, we will no longer be providing services to users registered in Russia. While we sympathize that this war may not affect your own views or opinion on the matter, the fact is, your authoritarian government is committing human rights abuses and engaging in war crimes so this is a policy decision we have made and will stand by.

If you hold any top-level domains with us, we ask that you transfer them to another provider by March 6, 2022.

Additionally, and with immediate effect, you will no longer be able to use Namecheap Hosting, EasyWP, and Private Email with a domain provided by another registrar in zones .ru, .xn--p1ai (рф), .by, .xn--90ais (бел), and .su. All websites will resolve to 403 Forbidden, however, you can contact us to assist you with your transfer to another provider.

Customer Support,
Namecheap

Though they said about March 6, 2022, hosting stopped working yesterday.

That's very sad to have such problems, war2.ru has no relation to any kind of war against any country or w/e, we just want to let everybody enjoy playing war2.
Everybody in the world.

Looks like both en.war2.rn and forum.war2.ru are working now.
Some small functionality is not working, i'll fix that a little later...
Let me know if something became broken.

Yeah it is very unprofessional on their part IL but I will say maybe it is for the best.
If they randomly shut down the web services of a community it’s probably better to use someone else.
war2 > war3

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 08:39:54 PM »
They dont have a choice.  If the company is a US based company, they have to close down any and all business with Russian clients.  That's why they are called sanctions.  Sanctions hurt BOTH parties,  not just one.  Just yesterday, I had to layoff 2 Russian frontend developers because it's considered a "business transaction".  However,  I set them up with some Indian dev shops beforehand.  So they are not jobless at least,  but they are not being payed nearly as much anymore.  If the sanctions are lifted,  we'll likely ask to have them back,  but that will likely depend on if they found better jobs or not.  This shit has hit me personally in more ways than I care to count and I blame the Leftist communists here in the US for setting the stage as well as Putin for taking advantage of the situation.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 08:45:34 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 01:15:28 PM »
all this war shit made me think of u guys i hope every 1 is ok in russia or ukraine wherever u guys are ... these sanctions are crazy man but it had to happen .. it sucks whats happening i hope a solution is found soon.. how is every 1 tho??

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 01:15:51 PM »
also do i need to download a new client to sign into wc2?

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 03:46:06 PM »
also do i need to download a new client to sign into wc2?
No, server have not been touched. Only forum and site.
Both should work fine now.

Just fixed broken paths to attachments. Now you can download/upload files to forum.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 04:57:30 PM »
Great Job IL !
war2 > war3