Author Topic: Alaunter: Ancient Stonia - Expedition of Gedsun [Release]  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Alaunter: Ancient Stonia - Expedition of Gedsun [Release]
« on: May 23, 2022, 02:36:07 PM »
Alaunter: Ancient Stonia - Expedition of Gedsun

We present to you new new custom fan-made campaign for Warcraft 2.
Aside from containing several features to make new gameplay feeling, you can now explore a whole new story and expand the already known storyline of Alaunter. You will see hardships that young dwarf Gedsun has overcome, while Kailaas Tan was overtaking the capital of Alaunter.

New playable race - Dwarwes.
They have different tech tree, new units, upgrades and spells.
They are able to mine hard rocks directly and extract minerals from them.

Unforgettable riddles and puzzles of Ancient Stonia are waiting upon you.
And something undescribable is awaiting at the depths of ruined sity..........

Downdload Links:
ENG: https://downloads.war2.ru/war2/Maps%20&%20Campaigns/Alaunter/War2Stonia_en.exe
RUS: https://downloads.war2.ru/war2/Maps%20&%20Campaigns/Alaunter/War2Stonia_ru.exe

This campaign is using fois HD patch.
Launch Stonia.exe to start playing or Stonia HD.exe for playing with big resolutions.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 11:27:03 AM by Mistral »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Alaunter: Ancient Stonia - Expedition of Gedsun [Release]
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 06:33:10 PM »
my best wishes, Ed. I hope you guys can give it a try and can have fun around. My pleasure was to help around this awesome new story for Warcraft II.

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 10:27:08 AM »
Very nicely done guys! Great work!
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 02:27:08 PM »
I have just finished two first missions and I must to say that it's great mod!  :ok_hand:  :clap:

New tech for new race is very interesting with all those additional upgrades and mining stone. All of that is something fresh and unique in this game. Very impressive :slight_smile: Well done!

While I was playing I had few thoughts that you might be interested with:
- Potion of Berserk is good to cast on enemy units but not really useful on my units. It's nothing wrong here but just my observation
- What's the point with choosing Storehouse upgrade to Dwarven or Gnomish base? I couldn't see any difference between them
- It's not worthy to pay for Armored Dwarf when you can have 2x Mercenaries by much lower cost
- Alchemist has no spell by default researched but every other caster in the game has (Paladin has Holy Vision, Ogre-Mage -> Eye, Death Knight -> Death Coil and Mage -> Fireball). Maybe he should have Healing by default?
- First mission starts with Cargos moving through entire map. There is very little time to check units and spells, because player is forced to quickly go with Cargos and protect these. It would be nice to have one more mission before that; something on very easy difficulty, just to check every option of new race and try to use new stuff without any hardcore challenges. In current version first mission is a rush, a second one is real battle against AI that attacks with 30 Footmans, 20 Archers and 2 Gryphons... so there is a little time to learn new race

Also you don't have any new music for Dwarves. Long ago I was making a mod based on Wargus and my friend composed a single track for me, for Dwarves  :slight_smile:
I have asked him today and he agreed to send this track to you guys, so if you want to use it for your campaign - feel free to do it.

Here is a track:

Spoiler

Let me know if you need this in better quality - I should have a copy somewhere with my old mod.

Anyway, it's fun to play your campaign. I will write here again after finishing it  :wc2:

EDIT: Well, tomorrow I will be a zombie at work but at least I have finished this campaign   :slight_smile:

Next comments:
- Third mission is way more easier and peacefull in compare to previous. Finally here we have a time to take a close look at every new feature. I know that story goes this way, but looking at the gameplay only it could be the first mission: it's good to learn basics about new race
- Fourth mission was fun and puzzles (especially last one) really cool  ^-^
- Last mission was very intense, hardcore, epic and unexpected... what else do we need here?  :D
- Something is wrong with my voice as Gedrun in dialogues, sorry for that. I should record these once more
- There wasn't a single mission about destroying enemies and also Dwarves are not having any siege machines?
- Very nice idea with summoning creature that can also heal, it was useful
- I'm not sure but I think that ogre in first mission wanted something from me but I had no time to focus on that

Overall - nice job  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 07:18:49 PM by Vendar »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 04:47:57 AM »
Dwarves are received siege machines in this story) in next campanigns they will have this that u got at last mission)

ye ogre wanted u to solve his riddle)

did you found book? if not then u lost some plot parts)

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 07:28:57 AM »
I have just finished two first missions and I must to say that it's great mod!  :ok_hand:  :clap:

New tech for new race is very interesting with all those additional upgrades and mining stone. All of that is something fresh and unique in this game. Very impressive :slight_smile: Well done!

While I was playing I had few thoughts that you might be interested with:
- Potion of Berserk is good to cast on enemy units but not really useful on my units. It's nothing wrong here but just my observation
- What's the point with choosing Storehouse upgrade to Dwarven or Gnomish base? I couldn't see any difference between them
- It's not worthy to pay for Armored Dwarf when you can have 2x Mercenaries by much lower cost
- Alchemist has no spell by default researched but every other caster in the game has (Paladin has Holy Vision, Ogre-Mage -> Eye, Death Knight -> Death Coil and Mage -> Fireball). Maybe he should have Healing by default?
- First mission starts with Cargos moving through entire map. There is very little time to check units and spells, because player is forced to quickly go with Cargos and protect these. It would be nice to have one more mission before that; something on very easy difficulty, just to check every option of new race and try to use new stuff without any hardcore challenges. In current version first mission is a rush, a second one is real battle against AI that attacks with 30 Footmans, 20 Archers and 2 Gryphons... so there is a little time to learn new race

Also you don't have any new music for Dwarves. Long ago I was making a mod based on Wargus and my friend composed a single track for me, for Dwarves  :slight_smile:
I have asked him today and he agreed to send this track to you guys, so if you want to use it for your campaign - feel free to do it.

Here is a track:

Spoiler

Let me know if you need this in better quality - I should have a copy somewhere with my old mod.

Anyway, it's fun to play your campaign. I will write here again after finishing it  :wc2:

EDIT: Well, tomorrow I will be a zombie at work but at least I have finished this campaign   :slight_smile:

Next comments:
- Third mission is way more easier and peacefull in compare to previous. Finally here we have a time to take a close look at every new feature. I know that story goes this way, but looking at the gameplay only it could be the first mission: it's good to learn basics about new race
- Fourth mission was fun and puzzles (especially last one) really cool  ^-^
- Last mission was very intense, hardcore, epic and unexpected... what else do we need here?  :D
- Something is wrong with my voice as Gedrun in dialogues, sorry for that. I should record these once more
- There wasn't a single mission about destroying enemies and also Dwarves are not having any siege machines?
- Very nice idea with summoning creature that can also heal, it was useful
- I'm not sure but I think that ogre in first mission wanted something from me but I had no time to focus on that

Overall - nice job  :thumbsup:

i'm interested on the high quality version of your dwarves track. It sounds cool to this point, trying to bring up the epicness that Human01 and Human04 tracks have for me. Really nice job doing that one.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 09:52:56 AM »
Dwarves are received siege machines in this story) in next campanigns they will have this that u got at last mission)

ye ogre wanted u to solve his riddle)

did you found book? if not then u lost some plot parts)

Cool, so you are going to continue Dwarves story  :D

I didn't solve ogre's riddle and didn't find a book, but I guess I will replay this campaign after some time and try to achieve both.

i'm interested on the high quality version of your dwarves track. It sounds cool to this point, trying to bring up the epicness that Human01 and Human04 tracks have for me. Really nice job doing that one.

Here you go  :slight_smile:

Main theme (called "Sons of the Mountains")
https://easyupload.io/u066jb

Dwarf theme
https://easyupload.io/drak8e

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2022, 11:24:51 AM »
@Vendar  did you hear the briefings on each mission ? is that a bad english or voice to relate the info prior to each mission ? I would appreciate real honest opinion, no matter how harsh is about it. Same for anybody else that can comment about it.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 01:50:31 AM »
@Vendar  did you hear the briefings on each mission ? is that a bad english or voice to relate the info prior to each mission ? I would appreciate real honest opinion, no matter how harsh is about it. Same for anybody else that can comment about it.

Honestly I think it was fine, maybe little monotonously, but overall it was not bad.

Offline Phoenix3

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 05:31:33 AM »
I cant find the "stonia.exe" or "stoniahd.exe" where in the folder cán i find it?

Offline Phoenix3

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 05:33:13 AM »
nvm i am stupid.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 07:44:43 PM »