Author Topic: ABOUT THE REBALANCE MODE!  (Read 6164 times)

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
ABOUT THE REBALANCE MODE!
« on: August 16, 2022, 05:29:03 AM »
so its been a while since i been on .. but id like to play more but to get to the point
i love what there trying to do here with the rebalance giving players or new players options
i love that we can have rally points now for our buildings
i love the idea of the knight rebalance but how much has this been tested? i think it might be a tad bit op now for knights
i want to fully test this is any 1 wants to test it with me or if any 1 has already tested an can post there findings here?
in the past i was saying we needed to cut the heal cost for palys in half.. but i think to cut it to just 1 magic per hp is kinda op along with the auto heal
maybe if auto heal wasnt there then i could see 1hp being efficient but with auto heal i think its OP tho  i havent done to much testing my self

i know alot of u dont care for the rebalance but its really awesome that we can mod these things an try an keep up with times since this game is so out dated
an if blizzard was still working on this game im sure they would of done simular things an rebalanced it them selves so i dont see nothing wrong with it
an you still can play the old way so no problem there but i think some of you should give it a chance its kinda really fun

but once again heals might be to cheap!

another note ... any 1 thought of throwing heros in the mix? like maybe not in the begining of the game like wc3 but maybe threw the alter an church at tier 3
we could add a hero i dont know if it would be possible to have it lvl up gradually for how many kills it gets and maybe we can give it a couple spells from the dk / mage for each hero
like a hero can have spells from both sides of the races for instance we gave a hero paladin heals / haste / fire ball or something .. not that specifically but you get my point
BUT NOT TO ADD THIS to the rebalance mode but maybe add another check box in the lobby that says enable heros ... it would just be for more fun to play around with things u know?
then maybe we could make all kinds of custom maps to go with it an try out diff things .. let me know what yall think :wc2: :wc2: :wc2:

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: ABOUT THE REBALANCE MODE!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 06:35:02 AM »
u could prolly use the dark portal as a hero alter lol

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 08:47:36 AM »
In my humble opinion, anything that changes the mechanics of the game in 2022 is counterproductive.

If we had a 10,000 user community, there would likely be enough interest in playing modified war2.. but it seems the active users today is likely less than 100.

Not necessarily saying don't do it.. but I think it's unwise to do it if your only interest in doing it is to get other people to play it.

Make the mods because you enjoy making the mods.. not expecting others to appreciate/adopt them as well

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 08:49:48 AM »
thats actually a good point

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 10:22:38 AM »
It’s already done in Triggers mode.  Also, auto heal still loses big time to list.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 11:59:20 AM »
wow nice
i glad u apreciated it
about heros - try starting triggers game mode on map that not have triggers (like on normal gow for example) it will launch old cursed war2mod with some very modded shit, and one of them is creation of heroes units from TH

actually there i had maked some time ago another game mode named double race
and ironically its probably even more balanced than rebalance mode :)
this thing not changes much, just adds a possibility to make in TH both peon and peasant
this basically means u have acsess to ALL tech in game
bloodlust AND heal
becoz u can make orc barak AND human barak and create ogres AND knights
so this makes game prob 100% fair cuz any player can get ALL tech LOL

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 04:20:49 AM »
ya i tried the double race thing i think its cool that u can do that but i wouldnt want a main balance mode to consist of players playing 2 race modes
i think where the rebalance mode is at now is fine jus a minor tweak to the mana knights use to heal is needed i think the less done to rebalance the better but great job tho on all the work u did its awesome

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 05:03:45 AM »
wow nice
i glad u apreciated it
about heros - try starting triggers game mode on map that not have triggers (like on normal gow for example) it will launch old cursed war2mod with some very modded shit, and one of them is creation of heroes units from TH

actually there i had maked some time ago another game mode named double race
and ironically its probably even more balanced than rebalance mode :)
this thing not changes much, just adds a possibility to make in TH both peon and peasant
this basically means u have acsess to ALL tech in game
bloodlust AND heal
becoz u can make orc barak AND human barak and create ogres AND knights
so this makes game prob 100% fair cuz any player can get ALL tech LOL

btw mistral whats the check box for 2 head ogre whats that mean?

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 08:42:33 AM »
it enables two-head ogre mode
its like archon mode in starcraft
when players in same team controls one peon
u need to set teams in left

in starcraft archon is representing union of 2 templars like 2 players control 1
so in war2 was named two head ogre like 2 heads each is a player in one ogre body :)

(but techincally u can even make 7 head ogre ;D just put 7 players in one team)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:45:10 AM by Mistral »

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 01:45:16 PM »

in starcraft archon is representing union of 2 templars like 2 players control 1
so in war2 was named two head ogre like 2 heads each is a player in one ogre body :)

ok so after testing around with the new balance mode

my conclusion is this ... i think playing in rebal mode auto heal off is prolly the closest to balance we have
because now that u can select a group of knights an heal 1 knight with out having to have to click alt 1 cntrl 1 it makes healing
way more effective now along with the 1 mana per heal .. so i i could say gow ef rebal no ah meaning no auto heal
and it seems way more balanced with orcs now being able to click 5 knights at once to heal 1 knight in a fight

but with auto heal on i was testing againts computer waiting for orcs to get lust an sending the same amount of knights i had againts there ogres
with auto heal an 1 mana it was way easy for humans to win ... but having to have to heal manually but being able to group knight heal made it alot more balanced

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 08:42:28 PM »

302 Moved

is there any way to add this dwarves race from stonia to the moded ver of wc2? lol

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 11:20:17 PM »
wow i guess i was wrong even with AH an 1 mana heals orcs still op ok ok leave it in then lol rebalance mode is good as is

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2022, 08:02:51 AM »
will make stonia online later

Offline Eudoxia

• Critter
    • View Profile
Rebalance/Trigger mode on IPX/network mode
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2023, 09:38:27 PM »
Hi folks. Is there a way to play the rebalanced/trigger/double-race/Two-headed ogre modes in IPX Network games?
Thanks!!

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2023, 08:22:47 AM »
no, they work only on server