Author Topic: Obs Removing Obs  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Obs Removing Obs
« on: December 03, 2022, 04:20:57 PM »
What genius, in the last year, decided it was a good idea for obs to be able to remove other obs? How in the world did that get implemented?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:03:23 AM by Harrywangs »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Obs Removing Obs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 09:22:49 AM »
removing obs was maked cuz what if some obs lagging you will not be able to drop him from game normally (by killing his units) cuz there is always hidden invisible peon stalling him in game.
and any player can remove obs even if he obs themself simlpy because there is was never check implemented at all checking if removing player are obs too.

main factor is that - this thing itself was maked not for ragequit noob teams obs removing each other.
the only reason this exists is for players removing obs who LAG and its affecting the game.

p.s. also u can remove comps AI players and again it was maked NOT for some cursed or cheating purposes, but for someone for example making custom maps or coop campanigns and will want to use it for testing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:36:02 AM by Mistral »

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 04:06:17 PM »
Obs removing obs for lag reasons is not a reason to have that feature. The only people who do or should care about lag, are those who are playing the game and they can remove the obs. When you first did it, only players could remove obs? Or maybe it was only host can? Yes, people can/do remove obs for no reason/don't like/annoy/disagree/funny/ or because it's just easy.

There are too many illegitimate reasons it can be done. By time a host has left the game, odds are, the lag has been settled one way or another at that point. What is the risk reward on that? This is war2, everyone rages and acts immature. That needs to be taken into account unfortunately.

Don't you have a testing environment or maps that specifically have different "rules" compared to others?

Why was the issue with how it was implemented originally?

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 09:54:15 AM »
originally only host was able to use
peoples complained
then allowed everyone to use

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 02:36:54 PM »
Who complained? How many people?

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 03:09:35 PM »
Wangs is saying some people abuse it.
Hes right, only players should use that comment.
But its useles to discuss with mistral. hes a genius but sometimes he doesnt understand simple things.
ive tried before to talk with him, waste of time, feel sorry for you.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 12:42:23 AM »
St booted me out (as an obs) 5 games in a row b/c he didnt like that he lost to me in team games. The guy can dish it out all day but can't take it apparently. Sounds like Sepi sometimes. (Mr. Zen before, lol)

McGill bans people b/c he doesn't like them. Lance doesn't play but I think we can put him in this category, lol. Justinschmidt kills all obs before, I've been gone but I'm going to put him in here too, lol. I've seen other smurfs and real names as well. It's not like it's ALL THE TIME but it definitely happens.

When hosts won't ban these people in the first place, it becomes the wild west and whoever can ban the other faster. I just become dumb and immature, which we know is WC, and why people shouldn't have this power. It would be nice if it could be only those playing but if it can't be done easily or whatnot, I don't want you wasting your time.

I've said my peace. If it stays as is, at least I've voiced my concerns. Not sure how long I'll be around anyways after the new year.

Thanks for listening.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 10:21:37 PM »
All this can be easy - @Mistral, can we make it so obs people can’t remove other obs?

Offline Wargasm

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 10:50:27 PM »
Lol Player, that was word for word what I was thinking about replying. Not sure why that wasn’t the first message of this thread… 

“Hey super nice programmer guy that has given us Obs mode which was an awesome improvement to begin with even with its current issues…can you please make it so other Obs can’t remove other Obs’ers?”

Alternatively, can you assist ST with growing a pair of man balls so that he doesn’t act like a 3rd grader?

Whichever is easier…so looking forward to Obs not removing Obs.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 06:35:23 AM »
ok i will change
will make only players can use remove
sorry cannot change ST balls

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 01:21:58 PM »
Thanks. Sorry, thought it was implied.

Close enough- "It would be nice if it could be only those playing, but if it can't be done easily or whatnot, I don't want you wasting your time."

Offline chayliss

• Grunt
  • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg
    • View Profile
    • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg40515 date=1469984330] wazzup chay [/quote]
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2022, 02:36:23 PM »
what are those other options i saw next to it
Quote from: KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
Quote from: Fast Luck
Top quality trolling Chayliss.  Hat tip to you
Quote from: Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay
Quote from: CLAW
not bad at all, chayliss. Gooder then me expectoned

Offline Player