Author Topic: AI changed?  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
AI changed?
« on: December 03, 2022, 06:04:54 PM »
Why are ogres performing random movements that they never did before? I've seen it multiple times and have heard it from many, including good/top players.

Most recently, I was 12, my ally at 9 was being attacked. I moved from 12 to outside of 9 to lust, probably still 20-ish spaces away from the enemy ogres, and the ogres started going in like they were being attacked or as if they were in the normal vicinity of which the standard AI would make the ogres react.

Offline LuX

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: AI changed?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 06:43:42 PM »
Yeah this happens unfortunately, I am assuming the cause is from all of the changes made to the version of war2 we run. The only way i have found to stop this problem is by selecting the units the units that are being all wonky and clicking the Stop command. Super annoying, especially when there is a bunch of other shit going on at the same time.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 09:25:45 AM »
thats bug, like tower bug some new players like lux dont know that
if you were fight and u went back with your ogres you need press hold position or they will go back to fight
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:29:58 AM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 09:28:06 AM »
how long it has started? i did not maked any changes for 2 months already (last update was 08.10.2022)
and im sure i not changed any player units AI specifically or someting like that
especially in normal game mode there is no major changes implemented at all

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 09:34:17 AM »
if you were fight and u went back with your ogres you need press hold position or they will go back to fight
oh ye u8 is right this thing existed since 1995
basically this works like this - each unit always remember who was last attacker who dealt damage to him, and they will try to get revenge.
and most of simple commands like move, stop or even patrol and attack area do NOT rewritting this value.
to rewrite it you need to implement command that will retarget unit like attack some specifially other unit or hold position that prevents unit to go and get revenge for last attacker.

p.s. you guys scared me with this posts lol i thinked there was some bugs i didnt know existed but ye lol this is just a normal war2 behaviour

Offline LuX

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 03:12:33 PM »
thats bug, like tower bug some new players like lux dont know that

No dipshit. What Harrywangs is referring to is something that just started happening within the past year or whenever these "upgrades" were made to the server.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2022, 04:07:42 PM »
Units that never attacked in the first place are moving. I've noticed it since I've been back. Like I said, I know others have said the same who aren't noobs or anything like that. They said it was recent too.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 07:42:14 PM »
So give replay, so we will see it

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 03:53:11 PM »
poop is only thing szwagier ever types.

ya'll fucking with a game we've been playing for decades for no reason.. other than you can. Just because you can do something, doesnt mean you should. You're ruining the game.. which is why I dont play any more.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 07:59:38 PM »
You stoppped cause we got HD patch after 20 years

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 10:27:45 PM »

thats fucking with game. changing things that were never meant to be changed. not ever intention of original game.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2022, 12:44:27 AM »
Partly why I left too but I seemed to have been the minority.  Getting off topic though.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2022, 01:54:45 AM »

thats fucking with game. changing things that were never meant to be changed. not ever intention of original game.

People voted, most people said yes, i see you got problem with it, if someone change anything without community like they tried with balance that would be bad

Its future old Man.jpg