Author Topic: Obs Vision Proposal  (Read 4232 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Obs Vision Proposal
« on: December 19, 2022, 05:42:23 PM »
I'll start this out with the proposal, for Player/Wg, then give some explanation. :)

Proposal- Players who obs themselves should only be able to have vision/obs features of their allies. Not their opponents.

This has kind of perplexed me a bit since day 1. In a game where, let's be honest, integrity isn't one of this communities' best qualities, we let each other see the enemies vision/resources/etc, possibly well before the game is over. I mean, it's kind of just asking people to cheat. Not only that but it really limits your ability to "verbally" help your team (example below). Don't forget we also have tournaments for money.

You can argue streams and other players watching can do the same thing but those can all be reasonably taken away. Players who obs mid-game cannot. Also, just about everyone does this but when you watch at the end, you help your teammate/s out with what you see that they don't see in real time. Now, once you obs yourself, at least on my end, if I say anything, I consciously say things to pards that have nothing to do with what I can see from enemies. (IE- your dk at 3 is ready/peons at 4 stuck/wtf are you doing) I can't say scout this mine or the rest of the map.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Obs Vision Proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 10:49:23 PM »
seems like no brainer to me... the only reason obs feature should exist is so dead person from winning team gets the win.. not so dead person can spy on other base while they dead.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 03:24:14 PM »
obs person get lost if he used in game /obs, obs from before game starts get win

You still can tip, "peon flow fix" etc, but you cant say go scout spot X
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 06:46:38 PM »
For the record if there is a poll on what Harry is proposing I will remain neutral and not vote in it.
But I do agree with what he is saying to some extent.
I have personally never tipped my allies after going /obs when losing but I have had pards go /obs and tip when after losing.
war2 > war3

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 07:29:01 PM »
How do you use "in game "/obs" before game? You mean just when you select obs/colors I assume? Yeah, then those obs should see all. But players who played in the actual game and are about to die and go /obs, should only see their team. No confusion.

Idc how it goes, who cares about wins, imo. But that is just my opinion on that one. I guess /obs person in game can get a win/draw? Doesn't really matter. When there was no obs, when you say "last" you get the win still, right? Sometimes people would vis you, sometimes not.

I feel like this is a pretty straight forward proposal.

/obs in game, as a player, lets you see only your team. Simple as that.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 01:58:16 AM »
I love when someone Die cause he failed hard and after that he want teach whole team how to Play, its very good right now, and Harry you can still say last farm, so noone should attack it
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 04:20:59 PM »
If the majority disagree, I accept that.