Author Topic: Typical Holiday User Numbers  (Read 12692 times)

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Typical Holiday User Numbers
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2022, 04:40:18 PM »
Yeah, the virus/unsafe is a huge red flag for new people.  Also, widescreen expands the view slightly but has no material impact on the game.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2022, 07:03:45 PM »
Any of the iS

I haven't played in many years since I started playing Heroes of the Storm. That games in maintenance mode now so it's cooled off a bit. Dunno when I can be bothered with coming back to war2. The forums are always a great read though lol.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2022, 08:46:17 PM »
Main problem is that people dont want Play only gow, lot of people are asking me to Play sea map, but noone will do that,  ofc they are very small people who will do that

Also people want fix bloodlust, many people dont belive that we as community didnt rebalance this game to Play more with trolls, archers palladins, so have fun TK, im waiting for your new server, i want see who will Play with you
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2022, 12:50:20 AM »
We dont need a new server and yes, this virus thing scary people

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2022, 12:54:10 AM »
You're not going to "fix" a 20+ year old game. They constantly do "fixes" or patches in other games that are 5-10+ years old, just to do more patches. The game is the game. It will never be balanced. Let's not reinvent it.

Yes player, if you can see 1 square more than other player, it makes a difference in gameplay.

If all these people don't want to play GOW, why aren't there enough to not play GOW then?

I literally just hit refresh and antivirus said suspicious connection.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 01:05:57 AM by Harrywangs »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2022, 01:12:36 AM »
This HD patch issue, I have a question. TK is saying you can see more with the HD patch. BUT does it add to your vision or do you just see more fog of war? If you just see more fog, that doesn't give much advantage. If a say 9 sighted unit can see 10 sight then yes that's an advantage.

Does the HD patch actually increase units vision or just the fog of war you see?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2022, 05:25:48 AM »
It adds to your vision on the left and right sides.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2022, 06:02:58 AM »
You're not going to "fix" a 20+ year old game. They constantly do "fixes" or patches in other games that are 5-10+ years old, just to do more patches. The game is the game. It will never be balanced. Let's not reinvent it.

Yes player, if you can see 1 square more than other player, it makes a difference in gameplay.

If all these people don't want to play GOW, why aren't there enough to not play GOW then?

I literally just hit refresh and antivirus said suspicious connection.

With who new people can play, if they log on warcraft 2, join "gow good" where  most people are not enough good and should be banned xD, and host ask them about s9, and kick out? Some people started playing cause they saw my youtube/twitch channel and they are doing fine, one guy move to Trogallart(i gave him link) cause he dont want play only gow, he was asking me when I will play his maps and I answered him I cant force people to play his maps

Why not? why not bring new people with balance? cause you must use bloodlust after 20 years? you cant use palladins with autoheal?(its still not balanced)
people balanced games like Red Alert 2 to play it more fair, in past it was also 640x480. look how many streamers they got
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Command%20%26%20Conquer%3A%20Red%20Alert%202/videos/all
balanced game* ->more people -> more streamers -> more casual players -> more games

and we cant make first step, cause people like TK cant accept HD patch
*rebalanced is not good, if we want change anything we should make it for everyone, not to pick in lobby

We got Mistral who can do everything, just give him ideas, after talk how to balance game

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 06:05:21 AM by Szwagier »

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2022, 06:08:30 AM »
This HD patch issue, I have a question. TK is saying you can see more with the HD patch. BUT does it add to your vision or do you just see more fog of war? If you just see more fog, that doesn't give much advantage. If a say 9 sighted unit can see 10 sight then yes that's an advantage.

Does the HD patch actually increase units vision or just the fog of war you see?

Doesnt change the fog.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2022, 11:30:31 AM »
Yep, doesn’t change anything.  They’re just looking for reasons to complain.  No one is going to lose a game because the other person is using Hd vs them choosing to stay on the old view.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2022, 11:44:10 AM »
Yep, doesn’t change anything.  They’re just looking for reasons to complain.  No one is going to lose a game because the other person is using Hd vs them choosing to stay on the old view.

If you can see more of the map, you have advantage.

I can't believe anyone is even trying to debate this.

.. we have all lost games because the enemy ended up landing one more d&d .. mined one more bag of gold.. had one more tower.. or peon.  Or ogre..

Being able to see 30% more in your view finder is a big fucking deal in highly competitive games.. or an otherwise equally balanced match

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2022, 01:56:53 PM »

If you can see more of the map, you have advantage.

I can't believe anyone is even trying to debate this.

.. we have all lost games because the enemy ended up landing one more d&d .. mined one more bag of gold.. had one more tower.. or peon.  Or ogre..

Being able to see 30% more in your view finder is a big fucking deal in highly competitive games.. or an otherwise equally balanced match

Yeah, the extra 2 or 3 spaces on view finder with fog of war makes a huge difference in preventing you from being Dk’d.  Lols. Makes no difference.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2022, 02:12:45 PM »
U8, you have to understand that, to even get to that point, people need to/want to install the game and get through the hurdles that are there in the first place. I would guess even some of your streamers feel the same way. So, before we get into great detail, that still needs to be addressed first. Walk before you can run.

U8, you have the most influence of the players on here. If you host a dif map, people will come. In order to create an actual consistent culture of that though, you'll need new players, as you cannot be the only one doing it. Also, you play GOW/Chop 95% of the time and the people who watch your stream don't want to play those maps? I'm probably missing something though as I don't really watch your stream.

"GOW GOOD" has most players that are bad. Even the hosts are bad, lol. I'll give you screen shots of that all day. Yes, brand new people do indeed get asked sometimes though. It's just difficult to play a 4v3 every game without 7 of the 8 people wanting to kill themselves after a few games. It's the best it's ever been though, in terms of letting newer/worse skilled people play. That doesn't mean it's GREAT but its better at least. Even though it's not the most ideal outcome for players, obs feature at least lets them watch as opposed to being kicked for building while they shouldn't or whatnot.

All those games, that have multiple patches, are because of imbalances of the game, right? Then why are there multiple patches instead of just 1? Because rebalancing something, makes something else imbalanced. Same will happen here and we can't afford to lose players. Don't ruin the game.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:18:53 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2022, 02:14:16 PM »
Player, what about chops, walls, towers/zeps/dks. Really any sight that goes past the original resolution's size? That all factors in.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2022, 02:43:41 PM »
im just hit about gow good, that most people should not ever host it as gow good

duda hosted yesterday diffrent map, we had 6 people game before, when he hosted in game was only me and duda

I understand why duda host not only gow tours and for many people its problem "why its not only gow"