Author Topic: Would your life be different if Warcraft 2 didn't exist?  (Read 4972 times)

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Would your life be different if Warcraft 2 didn't exist?
« on: January 12, 2023, 09:49:22 AM »
Would your life be different if Warcraft 2 didn't exist?

Offline Chevalier2000

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Would your life be different if Warcraft 2 didn't exist?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 09:00:13 PM »
I think a bit, but not a lot. But if blizzard didn't exist -> Yes

War2 was my 1st pc game, i played it on net stadium and a lot on Kali before the Bnet edition. My nickname chevalier (knight in french) is from this game. With starcraft 1, this is my childhood. Old memories, War2 played very well on my Pentium 133 Mhz, 16Mb of ram and 33.6k internet connection.
Then Warcraft III came, i didn't like the standard multiplayer part (with the hero that we have to gain xp by killing npc monster, the upkeep thing, only 5 worker per mine etc...), but i like the campagne and the use map setting (tower defense, great scenario with hero, etc...).
Starcraft 2 is much better, it's very close to starcraft 1, same races, a lot of same unit and not crapy hero shit in standard multiplayer. And the campagne is awesome !

Sorry for my bad english, this is not my primary language.

Offline TifasToes

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 07:08:56 PM »
I like this topic, probably.
WC2 was my first rea time strategy game I fell in love with it, then came Diablo. the end.
gaming for life!
not a fan of mmos, ive tried to  get into wwo but just cnat, loved wc3 and still do, still hoping for wc4..  :tear:

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 10:46:48 PM »
Yes. Very different.

I spent the majority of my free time from the age of 13 staring at a computer screen playing war2 ... so in the last 25 years, I've probably played war2 for close to 20 of them.

Can't say whether it would have been better or worse if i never started playing, but it definitely would have been different

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 02:35:30 AM »
i ruined tk's life by owning him 7-0

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 03:30:14 AM »
I think you're Jon. If that's correct I got video saying #fakenews

Offline Rensyyra

• Peon
  • Warga Warcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 05:07:34 AM »
Maybe yes maybe no, but game is game...reality is reality thats very different.  8)
~ It doesn't matter which clan you are from and what race you are born in, We are all big families of the Warcraft Community ~

Lok`Tar Ogar!

Offline standardcombo

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 04:59:00 PM »
Almost certainly and profoundly: Yes

I am a game developer, working on real-time multiplayer games. I was already developing games as a hobby, but the early internet days with wc2 were importantly formative. From the game's level design tools and ripping its sprites I learned a lot. Furthermore, without wc2, Starcraft wouldn't exist which is another game that has had an impact on my game designs. Going a step further, Warcraft 3 is a milestone game in the industry-- it changed everything! I think people underestimate the importance of wc3 to the industry at large. Entire genres of games would not exist without wc3.