Author Topic: Winding Road  (Read 4594 times)

Offline standardcombo

• Peon
    • View Profile
Winding Road
« on: March 08, 2023, 09:13:59 PM »
Wanted to make a 1v1 map that is medium sized, but gives players time to setup. Distance to opponent can be shortened by destroying one of the Dark Portals.

https://stonestoryrpg.com/Winding_Road_1v1.pud

Offline Buttercraft

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Winding Road
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 12:22:51 AM »
Nice one standardcomb :chuckisthemuscle:

I think this map has potential for 2v2 actually (with random top vs bottom) but main bases need a bump in resources to 60k with ~50k on other mines and reduce the dirt path going into the second player base to enhance initial building room, of course the second player can always chop outwards to gain more room than the main base over time.

More players calls for more resources so the addition of islands on each side would make alot of sense and more interesting games.

Offline Buttercraft

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 12:59:32 AM »
Well I loaded this up in single player and I can walk and build virtually anywhere (on water, on trees) :rofl:

Is this a user problem or a map problem?

Offline standardcombo

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 07:33:56 PM »
Ah whoops, problem with the editing tool. Thanks.
I like the idea of a 2v2, but I'm not sure how to specify the player spawns, would it simply be player spawns 1 + 2 (Red + Blue) in the top and then player spawns 3 + 4 in the bottom?

About the building space, it's constrained on purpose, so you are forced to build out into the second area-- but of course that was calculated for 1v1 not 2v2, so I think a bigger map would probably be needed for 2v2. I can bring the large one down a bit simply by increasing the water border. I don't want it to be easy for one team to rush towers or a wave of grunts in the first two minutes. To do that in the map I'm trying to achieve you would have to proxy the Barracks, sending out pawns early building the Barracks near the enemy somewhere-- that would be a cool strategy.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 07:38:29 PM by standardcombo »

Offline Buttercraft

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 02:01:59 AM »
The odd base sizes are perfect feature for 2v2, some may disagree.

I can't help you with the player spawns but keep us updated when you figure out the final version(s)