Author Topic: New player  (Read 4361 times)

Offline pianolarva

• Peon
    • View Profile
New player
« on: March 11, 2023, 09:10:02 PM »
Hi, I've finally joined.
What's the speed used at multiplayer games? What's the ladder like? Why always GOW?

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: New player
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 07:18:18 AM »
Hello welcome
speed mostly ef (200%)
chop and some other maps f (300%)
ladder dead and nonexistent
personaly i think gow is shit map but those old players learned it for 25 years, so they not have any more time to learn something new and also not want their efforts for past 25 years become worthless becoz they basically cannot play other maps, most of players cannot play war2 they can only play gow.
there is only not many some pro level players like u8 and some others that can play real war2 not only 1 map.
also there is many new players that playing other maps, maybe they not on super pro level robot ai ultra hard but they at least open to trying something new.

Offline pianolarva

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 12:05:12 PM »
What's that speed? I'm using one speed below the maximum.
Are there many players?
Where do you upload maps/campaigns?

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 12:09:50 PM »

Offline pianolarva

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 03:05:59 PM »
Nice. But... Are all multiplayer maps symmetrical? Is that what everyone plays?

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 09:23:07 AM »
not all
there many different maps like
No Way Out Of This Maze.pud

Offline pianolarva

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 09:49:55 PM »
What are games like with medium resources? Do players wall in? Are there grunt rushes?

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2023, 11:48:22 AM »
Lol Mistral. Welcome to the game, oh btw, let me go on a huge rant about GOW and all of the players on the server. Great impression, haha.

People do all sorts of strats. There is no single one per se. A lot of them have to do with the spot you start in, map type, and/or with just what you would like to do. The most popular and useful strats are towering your opponent very early in the game, grunt rush, and/or close your base and get lust asap and defend until then. Play orcs, not humans. 98% of the people play orcs because bloodlust is very powerful, and humans do not have it.

The server is pretty competitive. I would advise asking a couple of people to help you learn so that you are able to get semi up to speed with some others otherwise, players will basically be playing a handicap match, which is difficult for everyone. Feel free to message me when you see me on to do so.

Again, don't play humans. :)