Author Topic: Share your thoughts on the new Tournies board  (Read 3446 times)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Share your thoughts on the new Tournies board
« on: April 05, 2015, 06:58:02 PM »
There have been several suggestions to add a board dedicated to tournies, tourney announcements, and other tourney-related activities, so that board has been created. However, there are different ideas about the best way to use this board.

• Should all info for upcoming tournaments be posted here? Some people think posting it is the Server.war2.ru board is more appropriate and more likely to be seen.
  • Should past tournaments be archived here? I personally think it's redundant to start threads in one section and then move them to another for archival purposes only.
  • If announcements for actual tournaments aren't here, what's this section for? Discussion related to the procedure & logistics for self-hosting tournies, Ritalin's Challonge.com project, etc.?
  • Should this board remain under the Warcraft II category, or should "Tournaments & Leagues" be a separate category? Like e.g. "Help & Support". Currently individual leagues will be sub-boards, but if Tournies & Leagues becomes its own category, they could become top-level boards which might encourage more participation.

Some thoughts on the subject from different people:

I’d also like to propose adding a “Tournaments” section to the forum.  A board for tournament announcements and information would be great as well as links to the WarCraft II Challonge page and tournament host registration form.  These links would also be a nice replacement in the tournaments section on the website.  If we get Challonge embedded on the website we can just switch out the links later.

As for "Tournaments" section, i believe tournaments are highly related to server.war2.ru and should be posted in that section

Sounds OK.  It's a good idea at least for after the tourney is over, so that all the tourney history could be saved in one forum.  I'm not sure about active tourneys though, if they should go in there (would anyone read it?) or the server.war2.ru subforum.

I don't see why it'd be so hard for people interested in tournaments to identify & browse the board labeled "Tournaments". I would think that would give those threads more prominence and less chance to get buried under all the other posts that are made in the Server.war2.ru board.

The entire tourney board can be considered a WIP at this time and will be adapted based on the wishes of the community & whatever configuration is generally preferred. Share your thoughts!
squeak!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Share your thoughts on the new Tournies board
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »
no biggie, now that its there i think it would be nice to have a sticky thread with all the past tournament dates/grids (reps?) to keep it organized

but i think we should worry about the amount of tournaments first, once there's like 5+, we will worry about the mess and work up the possible solutions

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 07:14:24 PM »

Should all info for upcoming tournaments be posted here?  Yes

Should past tournaments be archived here? yes

Should this board remain under the Warcraft II category, or should "Tournaments & Leagues" be a separate category? remain under war2

Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 11:44:35 PM »

Should all info for upcoming tournaments be posted here? yes

Should past tournaments be archived here? yes

If announcements for actual tournaments aren't here, what's this section for? Discussion related to the procedure & logistics for self-hosting tournies, Ritalin's Challonge.com project, etc.? Detailed instructions & Rules for specific tourney's should be placed here.

Should this board remain under the Warcraft II category, or should "Tournaments & Leagues" be a separate category? Like e.g. "Help & Support". Remain under WarCraft II.

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 11:45:47 PM »
Seriously, i think everything is perfect like that.

There a general section for all league and tournament, and every league or tournament can have their own sub forums like UWC to archives their own work.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 03:44:47 PM »
3-0 everything stays as is.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator