Author Topic: Warcraft II Config program  (Read 52783 times)

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft II Config program
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2021, 03:50:08 AM »
updated the ddraws/config

Tested a bit.
Maximize button disables sometimes, but title doubleclick still works if the desktop size allows double size, but...

It would be nice if this function:
1. Ignore window frame/header sizes (as it works now: a few extra useless header/border pixels can turn off IntMaximize feature at all)
2. Take into account the OnTop state (in this case ignore taskbar, use max possible screen size)

And... would be very good if:
1. Alt+Backspace for Minimize will be used again (all hotkeys very useful w/o window frames)

2. There would be a hotkey to turn AlwaysOnTop ON/OFF without game restarting

3. There would be a hotkey (? Alt+F9) for IntMaximized/100% switch.
(? or maybe Alt+Enter switch 3 modes: 100% / IntMaximized / FullScreen [? if the corresponding mode allowed by the option])

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2021, 12:11:49 AM »
Tested a bit.
Maximize button disables sometimes, but title doubleclick still works if the desktop size allows double size, but...

It would be nice if this function:
1. Ignore window frame/header sizes (as it works now: a few extra useless header/border pixels can turn off IntMaximize feature at all)
2. Take into account the OnTop state (in this case ignore taskbar, use max possible screen size)

It does already ignore the frame and titlebar (it adds 20 on top of the height instead, so you will need 1280x980), I tested it on win 7/10 with 1280x1024 and big taskbar size and it worked fine. What OS/Settings did you use to break maximize on 1280x1024?

I just changed it now to use 100% if IntMaximized doesn't fit into the screen.

And... would be very good if:
1. Alt+Backspace for Minimize will be used again (all hotkeys very useful w/o window frames)

2. There would be a hotkey to turn AlwaysOnTop ON/OFF without game restarting

3. There would be a hotkey (? Alt+F9) for IntMaximized/100% switch.
(? or maybe Alt+Enter switch 3 modes: 100% / IntMaximized / FullScreen [? if the corresponding mode allowed by the option])

Alt+Backspace is now working again with ShowWindowBorder=No

Not sure about the other things... I think it will get too complicated and no one will know about all these hotkeys. Maybe I can add some more buttons to the titlebar instead, I have to think about it
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:17:30 AM by fois »

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2021, 03:28:50 PM »
it adds 20 on top of the height
I used big taskbar in win7 and 1680x1050. It leave 8 extra pixels for Y, 968 total. :(

"MaximizeScaleX=2"
Hmm, why X?

if i understand correctly, by analogy with the cursor size, then there may be something like:
MaximizeIntScale
0 - max.possible non-integer scale
1 - max.possible integer scale (something like 3840x2880 for really big ones :) )
2+ - directly stated scale factor

too complicated
OK, i don't really care about maximizing, but the hotkey for ontop might come in handy

I just changed it now to use 100% if IntMaximized doesn't fit into the screen
In the previous version it was like that,
now (with ontop=No) it works like this: the window expands and "fields" are formed on the left and right

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2021, 06:36:46 PM »
In the previous version it was like that,
now (with ontop=No) it works like this: the window expands and "fields" are formed on the left and right

I thought you meant the full screen size with 100%, but you meant the original game resolution 640x480 instead. Anyways I changed it now...

Alt+F9 opens the screen recorder on win 10 if you have it set up, so i used Alt+End for AlwaysOnTop toggle now
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 07:41:51 PM by fois »

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2021, 06:59:56 AM »
Hey, is there anyway to use OPENGL and make window fullscreen in lobby??

Thanks!

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2021, 07:07:49 AM »

Thanks!

I can answer your first question from the other thread:

What is the best renderer to use for war2? How do I prevent the war2 window to not resize to small size when in lobby? I want fullscreen all the time but the possibility to use alt+enter for going to window mode, but always full screen.

OpenGL and Direct3d 9 used to be the best because they both fixed the laggy cursor on windows 8/10 and I've been using Direct3d 9 for a long time. The only problem is they can only fix the issue by running the lobby in a window (there isn't any good solution to solve the problem unfortunately).

I just recently updated the renderers/config program and the new best renderer is now GDI with "Hardware Cursor" enabled. With this new update you don't have a laggy cursor anymore and at the same time you can also have the lobby in fullscreen now as well.

Get the Warcraft 2 Config.zip from the first post, extract it into your game folder. Then run Warcraft 2 Config and make sure your renderer is set to GDI and Hardware Cursor is enabled and you'll have what I use now as well

Oh, and yes... you can alt+enter whenever you want with GDI. The latest version also got a maximize button now as well
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 07:12:32 AM by fois »

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2021, 08:45:05 AM »

Thanks!

I can answer your first question from the other thread:

What is the best renderer to use for war2? How do I prevent the war2 window to not resize to small size when in lobby? I want fullscreen all the time but the possibility to use alt+enter for going to window mode, but always full screen.

OpenGL and Direct3d 9 used to be the best because they both fixed the laggy cursor on windows 8/10 and I've been using Direct3d 9 for a long time. The only problem is they can only fix the issue by running the lobby in a window (there isn't any good solution to solve the problem unfortunately).

I just recently updated the renderers/config program and the new best renderer is now GDI with "Hardware Cursor" enabled. With this new update you don't have a laggy cursor anymore and at the same time you can also have the lobby in fullscreen now as well.

Get the Warcraft 2 Config.zip from the first post, extract it into your game folder. Then run Warcraft 2 Config and make sure your renderer is set to GDI and Hardware Cursor is enabled and you'll have what I use now as well

Oh, and yes... you can alt+enter whenever you want with GDI. The latest version also got a maximize button now as well

Thanks for fast reply! If I press alt+enter with GDI, I get a small screen and the maximize button is not working. Would be nice to just keep it full screen but mouse free to go to other monitor. I run latest Windows 10.

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2021, 08:46:30 AM »
I like the borderless with OPENGL, is it possible to get that with GDI?

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »
Thanks for fast reply! If I press alt+enter with GDI, I get a small screen and the maximize button is not working. Would be nice to just keep it full screen but mouse free to go to other monitor. I run latest Windows 10.

I like the borderless with OPENGL, is it possible to get that with GDI?

Borderless mode does what you want and keeps it fullscreen on alt+tab, but the battle.net lobby will be in a small window with all renderers, GDI can't fix that either.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2021, 12:24:56 AM »
Sorry to ask you again, but did you work on this, it would be really good for streamer, thanks.

I dont know if you can work on this, but here an idea for a future patch..

I know that when we use two screens that the mouse lock in the game and you cant switch to the second screen just with your mouse without alt tab.

Maybe you can try to fix that, i see in some 2020 games thats the mouse lock on first screen when your IN GAME, but it delock when you are on the lobby channel and you can switch to the second screen with only your mouse !

Dont know if it's possible with an old game like that, thank you.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2021, 04:38:41 AM »
Sorry to ask you again, but did you work on this, it would be really good for streamer, thanks.

Yeah I've been testing something the last days and it almost works perfectly, just got a little bug left that i need to fix. It's using window capture in OBS and you can leave the screen without it minimizing

It's a bit more difficult to set up, you need 5 sources now in obs, but you only need to set it up once though

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2021, 04:41:17 AM »
Alt+End for AlwaysOnTop toggle
Thanks. It's sad about 20 pixels. Everything else works.
Maybe add vertical centering without taking into account the titlebar (in case 20px(?) of header still fits on the screen) to let game seems really centered, not too low.

cant switch to the second screen
... to add some hotkey to unlock mouse

upd: ohhh forgot,
there are Ctrl+TAB already
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 05:31:09 AM by Available »

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2021, 05:32:09 AM »
you need 5 sources now

There are streamer version with all layers marked.
Let's Synchronize names at least (txt files). :)

Sample video (Named version, not for unknown smurfs):
http://ftp.war2.ru/war2/Temp/BNE_mod4OBS_demo_draft.mp4
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 05:54:42 AM by Available »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2021, 09:09:24 AM »
Thanks. It's sad about 20 pixels. Everything else works.
Maybe add vertical centering without taking into account the titlebar (in case 20px(?) of header still fits on the screen) to let game seems really centered, not too low.

Not sure if that will work on 1280x1024, have to try it later

There are streamer version with all layers marked.
Let's Synchronize names at least (txt files). :)

Yeah, my idea was similar (giving names to the windows), but in my version many windows share the same name so you don't need many sources (e.g. Channel/Create/Join/Ladder are all "Bnet Overlay 2"). I can't know which window is what so it wouldn't work to use the same names anyways (i only know the size and the order they were created).

Anyways, I might have a better solution now. You can now record with just 1 source and window capture...

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2021, 09:15:29 AM »
How to stream Warcraft II

1. Create a twitch account here: https://www.twitch.tv/

2. Download and install OBS: https://obsproject.com/download

3. Start OBS and go through the Auto-Configuration Wizard to set everything up

4. Download Warcraft II Config.zip and extract it into your game folder (Make sure the game is not running before you extract it)

5. Start the game and then press Alt+Enter to go to windowed mode (Do NOT minimize the window!)

6. In OBS click on the + button on "Sources" and select "Window Capture" click ok then choose the window named "[Warcraft II BNE.exe]: Warcraft II"

7. Select the window capture in OBS and upscale it to fit the screen, you can press CTRL+F to keep black bars or CTRL+S to stretch to fullscreen

8. Go back to Warcraft II and press Alt-Enter again to switch back to fullscreen and start streaming

Note: Do not use Alt+Tab while streaming, use Alt+Enter instead (or else your stream will stop displaying the game) and make sure you never click on the minimize button in the window.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 09:02:07 AM by fois »