Author Topic: Chop and Gow 2v2 league ideas.  (Read 5379 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Chop and Gow 2v2 league ideas.
« on: June 26, 2021, 01:46:27 PM »
I’m thinking about starting a chop and Gow league like once a month players with play from Friday night - Sunday afternoon. And winners will split like 1-2k USD.

Just trying to figure out how to make it work cause in all honesty I don’t have the time to be hosting monthly tournaments.

So please brainstorm with me here in this thread. Our numbers are down boys let’s try to boost them.
war2 > war3

Offline Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Chop and Gow 2v2 league ideas.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 02:23:35 PM »
I like that thread that listed "Tiered" Player Lists. I.e. Tier 1 was Viruz, Scrubbo, etc. One of the unique things about war2 is that there are so few players, you can actually get away with listing out the names. That's also one of the draws that keeps us here - we know who eachother are, we aren't lost in anonymity as we are in other games.

If there were an integrated Tier system into the server, that might be a fun social system to keep people interested in moving up the Tier list, as well as knowing who was in and around their Tier. We might consider implementing an under the hood ELO/Rating system, active in all games, that considered the Players on each team and calculate an elo adjustment based on the result. This way, a Top Tier player allying a lower tier player would balance out for elo projection / calculation.

Potentially alot of work, particularly in determining teams. If the code for the existing ladder rating could be leveraged that would be a fine start. Then we would only need a server syntax to list the Tier groups and names, and it could be automatically run when connecting to server so every player is reminded of it.

Personally, I would find this interesting and motivating both to see my own skill in relation, but also understand where everyone else sits on the Skill ladder. This is very much embedded in how we think about our community and construct pickups, and could appeal to players of all skill levels. New Players would have paced goals to attain up the tier tree, and existing Players would be more interested and invested in improving themselves in a more officially present system. The Tiers could then be used to facilitate or legitimize entry into tournaments of Players only in the same Tier or near-Tier groups.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 02:28:09 PM by Ash »

Offline Wargasm

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 03:28:51 PM »
Ash’s idea is hereby approved. Now who can make this dream happen?:)

Seems a lot more difficult than creating a cases-ladder style team ladder, and we couldn’t do that…

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 03:30:48 PM »
While I like Ash’s idea it seems unlikely to be implemented  since there would be a lot of dev work to make it happen. I’m looking more into working with your exisit ing functionalities.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 04:53:25 PM »
The only issue with a tier system, the same issue that has always existed is nobody ever agrees on them.

Pretty much all of us can fluctuate 2-3 tiers depending on activity.. and it's very common to see a person in tier 3 lose consistently in tier 4 or 5.. because the tier 3 person is good at 1 style, and the tier 4 or 5 knows how to break that style consistently.. but maybe doesnt do good against another style.

And very few of us consistently play 1s any more. So a lot of our idea of skill is based on how we do in team games.

Offline Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 05:10:14 PM »
The only issue with a tier system, the same issue that has always existed is nobody ever agrees on them.

Pretty much all of us can fluctuate 2-3 tiers depending on activity.. and it's very common to see a person in tier 3 lose consistently in tier 4 or 5.. because the tier 3 person is good at 1 style, and the tier 4 or 5 knows how to break that style consistently.. but maybe doesnt do good against another style.

And very few of us consistently play 1s any more. So a lot of our idea of skill is based on how we do in team games.

Absolutely. The point isn't to be perfect, but to get people engaged. The more people argue about what the Tiers SHOULD be, the more mindshare they have in war2. Good.

The proposal is basically applying the rating system from ladder to all games, with one of the major challenges being working in an adjustable team-format (perhaps limited to TvB games). It would be imperfect, but if we create an algorithm with the intention of tuning/dialing it in, everyone can debate how it should be adjusted and then tuning passes could be done.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 05:16:43 PM »
@Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) @iL

Would it be at all possible to implement something that Ash is suggesting?
war2 > war3

Offline Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 05:25:42 PM »
I'd be available for Design & specification support if desired.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 05:27:50 PM »
Of course they cant, they cant even take cares of a simple 1v1 ranking ladder.

And you are asking them to work on a super automatic matchmaking teams ladder leagues.

Thats the probleme here, throwing 15k and making multiples tournament league will not help anything.

What we need is smart peoples being in command and making a good mangement plan and follow it once for all.

Sadly the management here are not smart at all and its not false accusations but just the truth, truth have been proove after all those 20 years..

20 years with a server who have never grow, always been between 20 and 80 active players.

If you cant change thing with a receipe, then maybe it's time to change that receipe.

Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 05:44:53 PM »
First step: Change that domain name, we are 2021, cyber war have never been so big, peoples are scare of hacking and scare of having there personal informations stolen... When they com on my stream and the told me, oh its the greatest game of my life but they also tell me, what do you think about war2ru '' is that safe '' it mean everything..

Alot of peoples refuse to download this game just because its relate to RU ( Russia ) im not racist, im just saying a true fact!

Second step: Make sure when peoples download this game, they dont have ALERT from all those antivirus! Thats would help alot ! 

Why after 20 years this probleme is not solve yet?

Third step: Get more administration, and by admisnistration i mean all kind of administration... Desinger, programmers, moderators, peoples who keep things update everydays... Everyone got his own role!

There no way 3 admins whos show themself once per week can stand those kind of dreams we have.... You guys want to see that server grow up but there no administration at all, we need administration at everytime of the days, 24/24, 7/7.... Choose them wisely take somme russian for some part of the day, some american for some other part of the days, but make sure there always enouphs moderators and admins at all time.

Fourth step: Before thinking making team game ladder and league, try to just make a 1v1 relevant... Here again it's just about some oldschool players who want to please themself, because they dont like to do 1v1 they want to do teams games, thats ok... You can do that, as an individual league or ladder, make a personal league or ladder, make something for urself... But for the main server himself, we need a good 1v1 ladder ranking systeme, then when its gonna be done and active and updates and respected, we can start to think about implementing a true team game ladder on the main server.

The goal here, is not to please old school cats, but make sure everyone can play at all time, ur ladder will be good for some peoples whos always log at same time and play togheter, then they gonna log off and let the server empty with five random players whos cant do shit at all..... Make sure everyone can play at any moment and being competitive and any moment, and when server grow up and we have more actives player we can think about team ranking.

If you can do these 4 steps, then maybe it grow up, other then that, its gonna be same pattern, always gonna role between 20 and 80 players for eternity.

PS: You can hate me now.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 05:48:11 PM by Nox »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 05:56:33 PM »
I got idea about chop league for 1s

2 days

first day we get players and all play vs all bo2 2-0 - 2 points 1-1 1 points 0-2 0 points(if there will be many players we can make tier1 league and tier2 league)
map 1x1 farms to avoid bugs like towerbug, players play bo2 and MUST play 2 games from different spot, winner needs to submit replays

second day top4 bracket bo7 semi, bo7 final and 3rd place bo7

14 23 1 and 2 player pick spot for first game and change spot per game

and no need lot of cash, I think 100$ for first place, 50$ 2nd and 25$ 3rd  will be enough

http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2021, 06:11:57 PM »
You see thats another probleme right here, the fact that you let everyone give there ideas... But no one can agree on something, you just let cant do that, because now it seem you must do everything to please everyone! Thats great, when you have 6 millions members, and 100 millions in budjet with 4000 staffs members, not when you have 80 members communuty with 3 admins and 5 mods whos log once per week or per month... Let's be honnest, Nobody cares about chop, i dont want to be mean, but when peoples look for this kind of games, they look for the true RTS LADDER style, wich mean, build ur own village and go attack... Nobody cares about chop, only some peoples inside this community who play for fun.... But ouside that game, chop mean nothing for RTS PLAYER. RTS players dosent even know what is chop, there no chop in starcraft, there no chop in warcraft III... Chop mean nothing for RTS PLAYERs, you will not grow anything at all with chop.... You will make it worst by splitting the community. RTS players understand what is gow and kind of ladder map like that, chop is custom game for custom player whos like to have fun in special custom games... Thats all...

Stop trying to please everyone, and just work the basic of this game, wich mean..

Real true RTS style 1v1! Then when we grow up, we work on real true rts style team game, then when its grow up even bigger we can work on chop and custom things like that...

For the moment all those chops things and customs map are just killing the game, we are a little community whos must spread themself in 2 kinds of different game style, so 50% of ur little community dont play with the other 50% of the community.

And we dont talk about those who dint even play multiplayer mode because they work on campain like if its what really matter lol, and what say about tupac and trogallart, they dont help at all too.

Everyone want to be a fucking super star here, but no one really cares about that server, they only choose what they like over what it really must be done.

Everyone want the only great solution wich will save everything...

But the only thing this server really need, is good management, marketing, profesionnalism, update, and focus on what really matter.

Its not a question of the genius idea, its about working hard and put effort.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 06:28:08 PM by Nox »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2021, 06:38:18 PM »
Would be super awesome if you kept your thoughts to yourself sometimes eq.

100% negativity 100% of the time

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2021, 06:48:53 PM »
Would be super awesome if you kept your thoughts to yourself sometimes eq.

100% negativity 100% of the time

Truth often look like negativity, only loser who can mentalaly progress got that perception.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2021, 06:50:58 PM »
I got idea about chop league for 1s

2 days

first day we get players and all play vs all bo2 2-0 - 2 points 1-1 1 points 0-2 0 points(if there will be many players we can make tier1 league and tier2 league)
map 1x1 farms to avoid bugs like towerbug, players play bo2 and MUST play 2 games from different spot, winner needs to submit replays

second day top4 bracket bo7 semi, bo7 final and 3rd place bo7

14 23 1 and 2 player pick spot for first game and change spot per game

and no need lot of cash, I think 100$ for first place, 50$ 2nd and 25$ 3rd  will be enough

Are you willing to run this? I'll do the cash payouts.
war2 > war3