Author Topic: Post your wc2 history storys  (Read 3084 times)

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Post your wc2 history storys
« on: October 21, 2021, 04:54:29 AM »
Back in my day, at the shy age of 14, we had to dial into the internet

My 2nd  game ever I 2v2d with ruler on gow, we made a line of troops right across the tlcenter of the map and lasted over an hour he became my first wc2 mate n we made clan "war2"

Xslider trained me on zone, how to lvl3 rush, any one remmeber him?

When I first got bnet afta being on zone for 9 months this fuckin fossilized  zone newb, claimed he'd own me easily and that I also was a piece of shit.

I thought to myself, these zone newbs to ez n when he got on bnet we 1on1d  heavy shit talking frude match, my luck since I was more bark then bite, he was 6, n pulled the old extremely skilful n highly talented cannon ball n farm combo behind the mine

Gg no re owned, this total newb was called jetlag@Shotgun or something
 Finally a day or 2 later I let the newb re, n i saw the defeat screen, prob next 20 games in a row over a few months haha sg,

It's funny because me n sg hated on each other for years, but later on we became mates n I've got high respect for sg as a player and person, funny we were all just dumb kids, cept for ywfn of course

Few years back Swift had over 100 win streak in 1s, n I 0 bagged him / no kills to break the streak, 9vs11 I halled blockd him in high 11 with a farm n hall so he couldn't pop his peons  under his hall at11 he will dein this but it's true, part of the game is in those wc2 promo vids I made
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 07:23:48 AM by WillTheRealKoorbStandUp »

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Post your wc2 history storys
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 07:14:31 AM »
a friend of mine had the shareware version of warcraft 1, and we played it at his place back in 95 before most of you n00bz were even born. i migrated over to warcraft 2 / msn gaming zone ~1997 and have played on and off ever since

ruler went to the same uni as me - i think

xslider was such a nice dood. i helped him squish some bugs in his ground-breaking war2observe project

lothar, turtleman@can and falkentyne were my zone heroes. however, there was this one kid (also from nz) that i always butted heads with, his name was war2_timetodie, epic n00b that kid. anybody know what happened to him?

i think shotgun on zone was also whitesnake / aerosmith

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 10:01:26 AM »
I used to play war2 over modem with a mate from primary school. Had to lug the computer into my mums room where the only socket in the house was and set it up on the floor. We would usually have barracks and footmen before making a town hall. Good times

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 11:44:55 AM »
You still play war2 over modem, Lag-gun.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 12:09:04 PM »
Few years back Swift had over 100 win streak in 1s, n I 0 bagged him / no kills to break the streak, 9vs11 I halled blockd him in high 11 with a farm n hall so he couldn't pop his peons  under his hall at11 he will dein this but it's true, part of the game is in those wc2 promo vids I made

I actually remember that game. And you and I have talked about it a few times. You did well.  ;D :sweat:
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline max.x.overkill

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 12:04:56 PM »
I started playing Warcraft 2 in 1996. I came back from a long stay in England, bought the game and was immediately completely fascinated.
We then held regular LAN parties in our basement with Doom, 3D Nukem, Quake, Warcraft 2 and C&C. We made our own maps, which were amazingly similar to the BGH maps. Unfortunately, the "random" setting for the starting positions didn't work properly, so you always knew by the colour where your opponent had started.
At that time you learned a lot about networks ad how to make them work. After some time, the LAN parties faded out and I didn't hear about the Bnet edition until 2000/2001 when i was playing counterstrike in an internet cafe. After purchasing the game i unfortunately wasted considerable time playing BGH noair fingerbreaker games. I had some german, polish and pards from belgium and france playing bgh games.  Then I switched to GOW BNE F and to GOW EF. Many of the players on the servers seemed considerably dysfunctional to me, until I later realised that there are lovely people behind some childish behaviour.
The game is still the best in my opinion. The feeling when you dominate with lusted ogres or when a strategy works out is just awesome.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 08:31:09 PM »
By nature im not a "sit and play video games" kinda guy. I spent my entire childhood outside on my bike, with a baseball glove on, a soccer ball, roller blades, a football, in the woods... anything that didnt involve sitting still. But im also highly competitive and have an older brother who did enjoy sitting in the living room watching TV, playing the nintendo or sega, Playing Descent 3D, and eventually Warcraft 2.

He would play with the neighbor across the street through LAN or IPX i dunno.. on a 14.4 connection i believe at first... and then they found out about the Kahn server and we played on that.. Probably around 33.3kb at that time.

He was always better than me until he stopped playing. By the time he stopped I was addicted and have been playing off and on (mainly on) since 96 I guess.

I remember the first time i ever saw someone make a building in someone's gold mine path... It was on Kahn. Decap was 9 o clock and a guy named "theFART" build a farm in his gold path. I thought it was the funniest thing ever.

We used to have "foo" games where everyone in the game was named "foo" and it was hilarious listening to eachother saying "omg kill foo at 12" or other stupid shit that incorporated calling someone else "foo"  ....thats not so funny any more, but it was when we were young teens lol.

Me and a guy named RipTide smurfed as [TTR]Red and [TTR]Green on zone team ladder to beat {mg}lance and {mg}laciek for #1. We went 10-1.. Lance was 12. I was 4 or 5.. Lasiec (i forget how to spell his name) was like 9 i think and RipTide ended up almost dying, running to 8, and they stopped building because they thought we were dead... RipTide got huge and won lol

When i went to kali for the first time as TeRRoR, nerzyman asked me to ally him and was all like Whats up terror!  .. in game he asked if i wanted to make a clan with him i was like "sure ok man.."    i had no idea who he was... after 2 games he realized I wasnt the kali SC~terror and said i sucked (i did) and we didnt make a clan together lol.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 08:40:39 PM by tk[as] »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 08:51:12 PM »
mom called me at 12  i was like a coin toss red alert or war2 it landed on war2 babys birthday present arrived .. didnt play online till 2005 cause i was under the impression 56k couldnt do shit .so 2005 kali  and yes i played with a older falkentyne and kali boss a few times dam they was good....but had some freinds but they die out it better to pull of one lan party than all online games combined

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 11:20:29 AM »
The year was 1998, I was a little kid, when my oldest brother came back from university on holidays with some box machine called "computer". Wasn't interested that much, cause I already known such great "TV" games like Contra, Battle City and Castlevania. But then we launched Warcraft 2 on this weird "computer" thing and that game was just far far ahead what I have seen in my life to that moment :D

Probably I won't forget walkthrough the campaigns from expansion together with my brothers and also all of these problems and crashes when we played DOS version on Windows 95 and 98.

And also... "Your soundcard works perfectly"  :wc2:

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 03:16:33 PM »
The year was 1998, I was a little kid, when my oldest brother came back from university on holidays with some box machine called "computer". Wasn't interested that much, cause I already known such great "TV" games like Contra, Battle City and Castlevania. But then we launched Warcraft 2 on this weird "computer" thing and that game was just far far ahead what I have seen in my life to that moment :D

Probably I won't forget walkthrough the campaigns from expansion together with my brothers and also all of these problems and crashes when we played DOS version on Windows 95 and 98.

And also... "Your soundcard works perfectly"  :wc2:

Don't you have work to do?

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 12:36:11 AM »
My mom was the one who bought War2 for herself many many years ago when I was like 11 or 12.  I would hop on her computer and play campaign, and fell in love with the game.  I eventually discovered a site called "Zone", where I played online for hours every day.  One of my longest streaks for staying awake was when I played Warcraft 2 on Zone (50 hours straight).  This was before Battlenet existed, so you could say I'm fairly oldschool.

My family moved back close to where I lived as a kid, and I was able to re-unite with my best friend whom I hadn't seen in years.  His name was Matt.  We quickly continued where we left off a few years ago and became best friends again.  I taught him how to play Warcraft 2 around the time Battlenet came out.  Though we made many different names along the way, the ones that stuck the longest were Mad-Rusher77 and Mad-Luster77.  He made his name first and I made a name that resembled his, for 2v2 purposes.  He got good at the game very fast, and we were a force to be reckoned with on US West.  I eventually moved far away again, and we did not stay in contact too often.  Once in a blue moon on Facebook.  During the decline of BNET and rise of RU, I stepped away from the game.  He and I decided to hop onto the RU server about 5 years ago, where we had some fun for a week or so.  I ended up leaving the game again though because of my addiction to LoL.  I tried bringing him to LoL with me, but he couldn't get into it.  He stuck with War2, and we became distanced again.  Upon seeing people stream War2 on GOG and the USA server on Twitch this year, I decided to play on those servers to see if I still had it in me.  Aside from that week of play about 5 years ago, I had not played this game in maybe almost 10 years.  I picked it back up really quick, and started enjoying the game again.  But the day after I started playing again, I found out Matt was in a coma.  I hoped he would come back to us, but I did not get the happy ending I hoped for.  I have a passion for this game for many reasons.  It is a huge part of my past as well as a link to my memory of one of the best friends I have ever had.  I get mixed emotions when playing this game, but I ultimately still love it, and will always consider it the greatest multiplayer experience of my life.

RIP Matty[iS].  Would have loved for you to be here during my return to the game.