General > General Discussion

To all our Ukrainian brothers!

<< < (20/20)

iL:

--- Quote from: {Lance} on March 03, 2022, 12:06:49 PM ---Any hopes that Russia would become democratic all went to shit when it became clear that Putin was asserting himself as a dictator rather than a freely elected official by changing the country's constitution to ignore his previous 2 terms and allow him even more terms that would last long enough that he'd probably be dead by the time they are up (in 2024 he will be like 74yrs old which is older than most males live in Russia).
--- End quote ---
Well, just a remark:
Putin never changed constitution to make more terms for himself. He changed it for some different purposes, not for his own power. He have been president 2 * 4 years, then he got away. In strict accordance with the law. After Medvedev came, deputates (not Putin) changed constitution to let increase term to 6 years instead of 4.
Everybody understand they did it for Putin, to give him more time, but that was not Putin. (Of course they could do that at his implicit request, who knows?)
But Putin always gave the impression of a very modest person.

BTW: i don't agree with your position about time of power and corruption. It depends on person.

West medias try to find palaces, yachts and foreign villas of Putin. They try to find billion dollars of Putin. But they can't find that. Why?
Because Putin doesn't need that. His life belongs to Russia. He just have no time to have a rest. We see him on TV almost every day. He have conversations with idiots for many hours in a row. Right after that he sets tasks to ministers, talk to people. He can find time to work out top-secret operations and hypersound weapon. He just have no time to create the appearance of a beautiful life.

For example: in 2008 Medvedev came intead of Putin. And what? He lost Lybia! Some russians say that's Medvedev fault. Putin saved Syria and other countries, but Medvedev failed that. I think russians would prefer Putin to be a President all the 24 years, without pauses. But Putin followed constitution.

Another example is USA:
Who is your leader now? Democrates nominated Biden, but does he have a real power? He is menthal sick, he confuses a grandson with a great- granddaughter and Ukraine with Iran. Last time they almost dragged through Hillary Clinton, who is she in politics? Nodoby. These are just talking heads that voice someone's decisions.
What about the changeability of those who make these decisions?
Nobody even knows them, and changing the talking head is not a problem for them at all. Every 4 years or faster.

Putin is a person, he is very well versed in what he does and has a lot of experience.
I think people would be happy to have that kind of power for as long as possible.

--- Quote from: {Lance} on March 03, 2022, 12:06:49 PM ---For the record iL,  dont sell yourself short.  Putin doesnt always know whats best.  You'd make a better Russian president than he because you're not corrupted by the power.  YET.  And with term limits,  corruption gets routed out automatically by the system itself.  Lets see iL on the 2024 ballot for Russian President :)  You'd have my vote.... well,  maybe not.  I cant vote there lol.
--- End quote ---
Oh, thanks you, but you flatter me. I do nothing even on here, in our community, Russia would be ruined very quickly that way :)

Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart):

--- Quote from: iL on March 03, 2022, 03:05:16 PM ---For example: in 2008 Medvedev came intead of Putin. And what? He lost Lybia! Some russians say that's Medvedev fault. Putin saved Syria and other countries, but Medvedev failed that. I think russians would prefer Putin to be a President all the 24 years, without pauses. But Putin followed constitution.

--- End quote ---
I think a little unfair to blame Medvedev for that since Putin was still PM and very much involved.  I think they got taken by surprise by Libya (they thought the no fly zone would just be used to keep the peace, not to bomb Gaddafi and overthrow the government).  Russia learned their lesson and vowed not to let the same thing happen again in Syria after that. 

But Syria was still not a total success for Russia... the devil Americans act quick and got their hooks into eastern Syria.  They've conquered it and are still there today, cutting the government off from much oil and food with collaboration from the Kurds.  Plus Turkey has encroached down from the north.  And then there are the Caesar sanctions the US has implemented against Syria to keep the people starving as well... same thing like in Afghanistan when the Americans finally lost and left, they stole all the money from the Afghan bank and put sanctions against the ruling Taliban government.  Do they report this in Russia?  They sure don't report it here in USA.

Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart):
Hilariously I actually watched on PBS a full report on famine Afghanistan a month or two ago.  The reporters were very sad and interviewed a lot of suffering people.  Then they just said, well, this is life under the Taliban, what a shame.  They did not even mention the theft of Afghanistan's money or the sanctions despite doing a report on the poverty.

tora is a simp bitch for billionaires:

--- Quote from: Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) on March 04, 2022, 09:17:56 AM ---Hilariously I actually watched on PBS a full report on famine Afghanistan a month or two ago.  The reporters were very sad and interviewed a lot of suffering people.  Then they just said, well, this is life under the Taliban, what a shame.  They did not even mention the theft of Afghanistan's money or the sanctions despite doing a report on the poverty.

--- End quote ---

reminder u.s lost to the taliban, punished afghanistan by withholding afghan money. even afghan youtubers are also demonetized.

reminds me of the haitian revolution, where bourgeois states punished haiti economically  after getting booted out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version