Author Topic: Warcraft II Config program  (Read 54255 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft II Config program
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2021, 03:51:01 AM »
Thanks alot im gonna try this  :hug: :thumbsup:
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2021, 08:08:47 AM »
It's not bad at all!! But there only one major probleme.. Every time at alt tab my obs came back to my first screen, is there any way to let it lock in the second screen? Because it's really annoying to always bring it back to my second screen lol.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2021, 02:06:26 AM »
It's not bad at all!! But there only one major probleme.. Every time at alt tab my obs came back to my first screen, is there any way to let it lock in the second screen? Because it's really annoying to always bring it back to my second screen lol.

Ah damn, I only got one monitor right now so I can't test it... But try this new ddraw.dll here, maybe it works

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2021, 03:39:56 AM »

Ah damn, I only got one monitor right now so I can't test it... But try this new ddraw.dll here, maybe it works

Wow work like a charm ty very much!

Last thing, if you still want to improve it and have time...

When you swtich between control s and control f.... When you goes in control f, you can see the personal desktop in the background, i dont know if its possible or any way to put full black boarder.

Maybe there a simple way and i just dont know it too, maybe something in obs?

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2021, 03:55:24 AM »

When you swtich between control s and control f.... When you goes in control f, you can see the personal desktop in the background, i dont know if its possible or any way to put full black boarder.

Nice! Did you delete your old "display capture"? Normally it should be black with CTRL+F with window capture as long as you don't have a display capture somewhere still in OBS

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2021, 03:57:31 AM »
just 1 source and window capture

There are several problems:

1a. Ctrl + TAB does not work after exiting the game itself to "BNE"
1b. it would be better if the mouse released automatically in this case

2. is it possible to somehow increase the rendering performance of all "BNEs"? sometimes the image is not drawn completely correctly or have lacks, most likely because something is going too slowly

3. it would be nice if the new "obs" one-window feature to be optional, because interface mod allows to work with each BNE window separately, including NOT displaying the login and password inputs etc, whatever user wants.

and, if possible, a request for a special option:
if it is possible to create all BNE windows creates as a "100% transparent" by default (also good thing if this feature can be somehow switched "on the fly", same as OnTop),
then i can make/finish a wrapper interface of any size (less / more than 640, depending on the user's current task: chatting / working with the tournament / etc) with the necessary functions, much more convenient than regular interface, faster than conventional drawing.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2021, 04:08:15 AM »
1a. Ctrl + TAB does not work after exiting the game itself to "BNE"
1b. it would be better if the mouse released automatically in this case

I had it like this once but some complained and i reverted it. I can probably add it again for windowed mode though

2. is it possible to somehow increase the rendering performance of all "BNEs"? sometimes the image is not drawn completely correctly or have lacks, most likely because something is going too slowly

3. it would be nice if the new "obs" one-window feature to be optional, because interface mod allows to work with each BNE window separately, including NOT displaying the login and password inputs etc, whatever user wants.

I already fixed some redrawing bugs and also made the overlay FPS configurable via war2_ddraw.ini (0 = disabled) after watching eqs stream yesterday a bit (check first post for latest version)

Edit: Using window capture on the BNE windows will cause drawing glitches randomly (I had that problem too, don't have a solution for yet). But the 1-source trick doesn't have this problem though

if it is possible to create all BNE windows creates as a "100% transparent" by default (also good thing if this feature can be somehow switched "on the fly", same as OnTop),
then i can make/finish a wrapper interface of any size (less / more than 640, depending on the user's current task: chatting / working with the tournament / etc) with the necessary functions, much more convenient than regular interface, faster than conventional drawing.

Yeah I can try to add that
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:11:18 AM by fois »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2021, 04:49:52 AM »

Alt+End to toggle it.

Set "OverlayFPS=0", otherwise you can't see if it worked
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:52:05 AM by fois »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2021, 05:02:42 AM »
Here another one, this one got Alpha = 1 rather than Alpha = 0 and you can still click on the buttons with this one

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2021, 11:59:56 AM »

Nice! Did you delete your old "display capture"? Normally it should be black with CTRL+F with window capture as long as you don't have a display capture somewhere still in OBS

Yeah it was the probleme, thanks alot, work perfectly now!

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2021, 04:50:44 AM »
Alpha = 1
Sounds exactly right, but doesn't work(still no any transparent effect), regardless of whether "OverlayFPS = 0" or something else is used, also tried "Alpha=1" as ini file option. (win7 / xp - same no effect, can't try on win10 atm)

Am I doing the right thing by renaming this file to ddraw.dll?

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2021, 05:44:11 AM »
Sounds exactly right, but doesn't work(still no any transparent effect), regardless of whether "OverlayFPS = 0" or something else is used, also tried "Alpha=1" as ini file option. (win7 / xp - same no effect, can't try on win10 atm)

Am I doing the right thing by renaming this file to ddraw.dll?

Seems to work only with top level windows on xp/vista/7, but not with child windows.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setlayeredwindowattributes
Windows 8:  The WS_EX_LAYERED style is supported for top-level windows and child windows. Previous Windows versions support WS_EX_LAYERED only for top-level windows.

However, I just tested it on win 7 and it seems to work fine on all windows

Added a .ini setting for it and changed the hotkey to Alt+Home

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2021, 12:28:22 AM »

Did that work out @Available ? If not, then maybe we could create multiple battle.snp files (each one with a different resolution)

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2021, 03:23:01 AM »
Did that work out
It's not in good condition for now.
I can instant join/create some games, i can use some chat features and so on, but all this still too raw.
Too many things needs to be fixed/reworked, at least "guaranteed" info delivery by BNE chat.

Common problem depending on ddraw:
while at least one BNE window exist,
all war2 windows (including main) need to be same alpha=0 (transparent for mouse clicks)
BNE not exist - main return to normal/default War2Alpha

I will be appreciated for version like this

maybe good to have options in war2_ddraw.ini
War2Alpha=255 ;  ~ 16 to 255 ; default common transparency for war2
BNEAlpha=255; same for bne mode, 0 - invisible/non clickable ALL war2 windows while BNE exist
for testing/working period at least...

multiple battle.snp files
I tried to just double all the sizes/coords in the dialogs resources to get 1280x960, but War2 still switching to 640 when BNE appears then crashed.
What needs to be done so that war2 does not crash?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 03:33:07 AM by Available »

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2021, 03:29:33 AM »
And some mad idea.  ???

Maybe would be good to enable/disable transparency and other stuff by WM_USER message ("RegisterWindowMessage")

for example, at start ddraw register/post msg like a "war2control" (aka "DDRAWHere", lol)
periodically do PostMessage ( 0xFFFF, ... ):

if some program answered by special code - do what for code is intended
maybe there are some control codes can be added later

if no one answered on posted msg - means program closed/crashed or whatever, so ddraw automatically switch to some default/safe settings that controlled by these codes