Author Topic: Equinox complaint box  (Read 8211 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Equinox complaint box
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2020, 12:39:29 PM »
You gotta shorten you responses if you can please. This is too much for a forum and for me to have motivation to read it all and respond.

EQ, although I did stop playing around the time of the tourney, it had no relation to my motivation to 1s. If there was a 2s icon and I won it, do you think I would stop playing 2s? Come on man. U8/Swift/Lone all played 1s long after they got their icons. That is not relatable to me.

Again, I don't know about this stuff but if there is someone reputable enough that calls it out and other people who know what they are saying, are in agreement, then I will respond as necessary. You complain about a lot of things, so it sounds like boy who cried wolf.

I heard he left too. If he found something serious, he needs to have the integrity to share it with the community. Otherwise, that is zero proof. Why would he go through all of this work, post his findings on the forum and then leave without giving people a more concerning and straight forward answer? Cel was the best reputable source and you treated him like absolute shit.

Accepting the way it is currently is not the definition of a hypocrite. I think you might be looking for another word. In the way you are using it, that would mean me saying, I know all this bs is happening and I'm very concerned and I should leave, and then I continue to play. I don't know about the bs, so I can't be a hypocrite. A lot of the technical stuff is over my head and all of the people who would know, don't agree and the issue, unfortunately seems to get dropped for a while. Lance, Cel, Pika, iL, LB, Claw, and whomever else has information or could publicly discuss it, would be great. Otherwise, it is very difficult to draw a conclusion. Again, boy who cried wolf scenario. A lot of this information is over 95% of the community's heads. So, they cannot make the decision either.

I agree I improved partly due to 1s. I tried for 1 month, correct. I still didn't like it even when I was doing it. Which is why I played so few games still compared to others who 1s. I do remember the comment you made. That was nice of you. I have no idea how my 1s/motivation has to do with Tora? I couldn't care less what he says about you in terms of what I do. I listen to what I hear and do what I want. I don't stick up for anyone blindly, no matter what you think. I just gave TK shit and I like TK a lot and have never had an issue with him. I was just being honest with him.

Again, your logic is flawed with the whole icon thing. You do NOT create something because you FEEL he should be a grandmaster after he lost. He should be EARNING it again. Not just handed something. That is the entire reason for the whole icon thing and you are fucking it up even more. It is now even less exclusive (not that anyone cared before) . Again, supply and demand. If anything, you should be having less icons. They have no motivation.

I thought your efforts towards creating a more inclusive community were admirable but I think you needed to weigh other more effective options as the icon/rank system seemed to have lost steam long before you took it over. You keep talking about what people DESERVE as opposed to what they EARN. I am not to blame because I don't 1s or want to be a Master. You have no right to put that on me or anyone else on the server. Motivation comes from the person and not all people care about it, which is why nobody has challenged anyone for years. Don't blame the community for not participating in something that you feel is what their goal should be.

You can attempt to motivate people but you can't complain if it doesn't work. You, as the creator/leader of motivating the community, have the responsibility to motivate them without blaming other people that it did not work. IE- If I create a new sport that I think is the best thing in the world, but nobody wants to play it or fund it. That is on me, not the people who aren't interested. My job as the creator of the sport, is to figure out how I can entice people to be interested. Not go all around and blame everyone for not doing it. That just does the opposite.

While I don't fully disagree with you about the Admins sometimes, I think that, at this point, given the last 20 years or so, you need to change your expectations, so you are not so angry all of the time. I know it's kind of a sad thing to say, but if you and other people have addressed this multiple times in the past, and nothing has changed, what more can be done? If there is something more, then you need to venture into that avenue because the forum thing is not seeming to be effective and the person that was helping you, you were very mean to.

Again, I'm not fully sure how I am being a hypocrite with the forum. I don't go on here and just talk mad shit. It is also annoying that every thread (like this one) can never stay on topic. I try to be productive mostly. I can probably be sucked into something and get pissy but generally I try to be productive, which is why, I also feel moderation is not a bad idea.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 12:44:32 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 02:06:42 PM »
Look at this bullshit, it's litterally the HALL of fame of best players of all time, 15 years where people have been ranked and swift is literally owning 4 position in the top 5 and lone is owning 2 position in the top 7... Thats so respectfull for peoples who have play this game for 15 years and are cock block by literally 4 useless accounts. Congratulation admins!

@Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

Could you remove swifts and lones Smurfs from the 150 best ranked players?

They're all up there because Eq is sorting by ELO. I don't think we wanna delete swift's accounts/game history from the ladder just because he's got a lot of the top Elos!

Oh, it's also an old graphic.  Just discovered when you sort by something it only sorts what's already on that page, so now when you sort by elo you get ZERO swift accounts since he's not on page 1 anymore.

Sorting by ELO is giving you the real rank position, also, we dont talk about the normal ladder, we talk about the HIGHEST RANK ELO of all time... We talk about BEST PLAYERS of all time.. Why do you act like you are stupid?? If you are that dumb and you dont know shit at all about this game,  '' what i really doubt '' then why you are still trying to be admin?

HIGH RANK!

Also, dont delete is account, just make sure hes not there anymore, and dont remove all his account, just remove all his smurfs, wich mean, Derber, backdoor, 00KYLE.

Same for Lone, just remove 00ISTVAN.

And since we are there, why not removing all those smurfs from at least the top 25 also??

- SUN`AM
- viet_is_low
- ScrubberNaut
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 02:13:01 PM by Delete ME NOW! »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2020, 02:15:41 PM »
You gotta shorten you responses if you can please. This is too much for a forum and for me to have motivation to read it all and respond.

If you dont have motivation, then dont join big boy discussion and trying to manipulate peoples with ur opinions.

If you cant read me, im not gonna read you.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2020, 02:59:05 PM »
Obviously I did read it, as I responded to it.....It was just a lot and a request to tighten it up. I'm not manipulating anyone with anything. I have no ulterior motive.

I know your stance on a lot of things, they don't need to be reiterate at full, which would save a lot of typing.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 03:05:00 PM »

Ok yeah don’t delete swifts or lones accounts from the ladder. But is it possible to at least drop their smurf account ranks in regards to ELO?

I know it seems childish but if EQ or any player for that matter takes ELO seriously they will immediately stop doing so since the top players have more or less taken the top 5 spots with their normal and smurf accounts.
war2 > war3

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2020, 03:10:35 PM »
Obviously I did read it, as I responded to it.....It was just a lot and a request to tighten it up. I'm not manipulating anyone with anything. I have no ulterior motive.

I know your stance on a lot of things, they don't need to be reiterate at full, which would save a lot of typing.

I dont think you manipulate peoples on purpose, but it's still the case when you give ur opinions and dont read peoples who explain you things about it, when you give ur opinions, you must read what peoples answer to it, because at the end if you dont, you probably just say shit that you dont know what you talk about... And it become manipulation.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2020, 03:14:13 PM »

Ok yeah don’t delete swifts or lones accounts from the ladder. But is it possible to at least drop their smurf account ranks in regards to ELO?

I know it seems childish but if EQ or any player for that matter takes ELO seriously they will immediately stop doing so since the top players have more or less taken the top 5 spots with their normal and smurf accounts.

Exactly, i dont mean to remove them, but at least dropping them from the first page or something like that.

So when we sort the most important page of the server, we dont see that abuser taking the entire top 5 in hostage for his ego maniak desire.

PS: It's not childish, it's being respectfull for peoples who have support this server for 15 years.

Stop saying bullshit because you love swift nuts.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 03:18:45 PM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2020, 05:47:22 PM »

So basically the suggestion is we take ELO points off their scores because when you leave the main ladder page, and go to a separate page showing all players that have reached #1/#2, and then sort that second page by ELO, they have a lot of the top accounts.

i don't really think we can be doing that because that would be fudging the elo scores and making them wrong.  These scores are mathematically calculated.  What's more, this just happens naturally if someone plays 1s on more than one account.  Nothing they can do about it except losing on purposes, or us editing the numbers and making them factually incorrect...

Even more, these are not the "top 5 spots," because these aren't spots on the ladder... for example Equinox appears on this page with an elo score of 1654.  What rank is that?  What rank will it be if swift's extra accounts are removed?  I don't know the answer to either of those questions, because this is not a numbered, ranked list at all.  you would have to literally count each row to know.  And even then, this would show you equinox is for example 20th or 25th in elo, but that's only of players that have reached #1.  It's not a real ELO ranking.  KGBagent12 has an elo score of 1689 right now but doesn't appear on the page at all, since his high rank is 10. 

In short, this is not a real thing imo

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2020, 05:57:10 PM »
Look at this bullshit, it's litterally the HALL of fame of best players of all time, 15 years where people have been ranked and swift is literally owning 4 position in the top 5 and lone is owning 2 position in the top 7... Thats so respectfull for peoples who have play this game for 15 years and are cock block by literally 4 useless accounts. Congratulation admins!

Could you remove swifts and lones Smurfs from the 150 best ranked players?

They're all up there because Eq is sorting by ELO. I don't think we wanna delete swift's accounts/game history from the ladder just because he's got a lot of the top Elos!

Oh, it's also an old graphic.  Just discovered when you sort by something it only sorts what's already on that page, so now when you sort by elo you get ZERO swift accounts since he's not on page 1 anymore.

If you and Tora feel that it would be best for the game to delete my accounts, that's entirely fine with me. I suppose preserving the actual game records/receipts would be cool for me to look at for nostalgic purposes down the road. But, if you need to delete those too in order to hide the ELOs then so be it - whatever gets as many people enjoying playing war2 is best for everyone including me.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2020, 07:59:54 PM »

So basically the suggestion is we take ELO points off their scores because when you leave the main ladder page, and go to a separate page showing all players that have reached #1/#2, and then sort that second page by ELO, they have a lot of the top accounts.

i don't really think we can be doing that because that would be fudging the elo scores and making them wrong.  These scores are mathematically calculated.  What's more, this just happens naturally if someone plays 1s on more than one account.  Nothing they can do about it except losing on purposes, or us editing the numbers and making them factually incorrect...

Even more, these are not the "top 5 spots," because these aren't spots on the ladder... for example Equinox appears on this page with an elo score of 1654.  What rank is that?  What rank will it be if swift's extra accounts are removed?  I don't know the answer to either of those questions, because this is not a numbered, ranked list at all.  you would have to literally count each row to know.  And even then, this would show you equinox is for example 20th or 25th in elo, but that's only of players that have reached #1.  It's not a real ELO ranking.  KGBagent12 has an elo score of 1689 right now but doesn't appear on the page at all, since his high rank is 10. 

In short, this is not a real thing imo

The way it's working is pretty simple....

1- The first page combine all the accounts of the server since the ladder creation, so we can say approximativly the last 15 years... After it take in consideration everyone who have reach #1 RANK in the regular normal ladder since the last 15 years... So everyone who have reach #1 ranking will be able to appear on this first page or even on the second pages if there no room for more players...

So it will be something like First page #1, second pages bunch of #1 and start adding #2...

After the #1, the next consideration the page will take in order is the best active players of the day in those #1, it will start to show best player of the day. So today this HIGH RANK page have recorded that SPB is one of the #1 in this page who have play the most... So SPB is probably the most active 1v1 player of the day.

But as you can see, spb got only 1592 ELO, so we all agree he is probably rank #1 only because he is the one whos have been active today in this list. So it's not really reprensentative of a real ranking... The regular ranking where U8, dj_boss, braviet, knitter, medivh is more representative of a true ranking of the day since all those players cant be IN... Take by exemple DJ_Boss, he is #2 of the regular ranking with a HIGH RANK of only #2... So it's more representative of the day...

So when you go to HIGH RANK, you dont wanna go there to see whos was the best player of the day, because best player of the day only take in consideration everyone who have reach #1 in his life.... Wich is pretty stupide because if dj boss have a better day then spb he will not appear there...

So when you go to HIGH RANK, the only thing you really wanna see, is the best #1 ELO RANK OF ALL TIME... Wich mean you will sort those #1 in highest ELO order to see who are the best #1 of all time with the most ELO IN ALL TIME..

Wich bring us to Swift, Backdor, Derber, 00kyle, Lone and 00ISTVAN.... Lol....

But thats not all..... Swift actual aka is KitchenDerber, KitchenDerber is rank #9 on the regular ladder with a highest rank of #8... So at the moment he dosent appear in the HIGH RANK section because he dint have reach #1 yet... But when hes gonna do it, and we all know hes gonna do it..... Hes now gonna be send in this HIGHEST RANK PAGE, with Swift, Backdor, derber and 00kyle.... He will only need to passt 2000 elo and he finally will take the ENTIRE TOP 5 HIGHEST RANK ELO OF ALL TIME...

I mean are you kidding me?? You think this guy dont know that??? lol

This guys is literally trying to take the entire top 5 for himself, and he is here trying to tell us he want the best for everyone...

OK SWIFT, you want the best for everyone, FUCK YOUR DAMN NOSTALIGIA and LETS DELETE THOSE ACCOUNT FROM THE LADDER... Actually, let's keep Swift and 00KYLE SINCE IT'S UR CLAN ACCOUNT, BUT LET'S DELETE, DERBER, BACKDOOR AND STOP PLAYING WITH KITCHENDERBER RIGHT NOW, GO BACK TO SWIFT OR 00KYLE AND START RESPECT OTHERS PLAYERS, WHATS ABOUT THAT BRO?!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:06:08 PM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2020, 08:11:09 PM »
Or i dont cares, i got tons of options for you guys...

We also can delete this HIGH RANK PAGE, SO IT DOSENT APPEAR ANYMORE..

But to be honnest i dont think it the right choice, since the page is pretty cool if a abuser dont abuse of it.

Or what about being a true server for once.... Delete derber and backdor, save that entire retarded ladder in archive somewhere so we still have that kind of NOSTALGIA swift talk about, and RESET THE LADDER FROM SCRATCH, TOTALLY NEW!!!

And make SEASON of 3 months.... EVERY 3 MONTHS, WE START FROM SCRATCH...

Season1, season2, season 3 etc etc etc. 

What about that?!

Oh i know.... I guess it's too much work right... lol
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:13:40 PM by Delete ME NOW! »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2v2 GOW Tournament Saturday November 28th at 3pm Eastern
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2020, 11:31:31 AM »
Cel dint take a break, Cel stop playing on war2ru because he found that iL make criminal act on this server.

Allowing every mods and admins and even some regular players to get acces on IP players, password and wisper log.

Cel is still playing and streaming, just on another server.

But clearly admins will not say truth, they just gonna mute me and move my posts to flames thread and acting like im crazy.

We all know that.  :thumbsup:
When you just come up with a wild theory, based on no facts, that spreads lies and libel against the server, should we NOT mute it?

First off, nobody has access to the logs except iL and one other person he appointed to do an investigation, which is Cel.  Cel already posted all about what he found in the logs and never said he found anything bad!

I think most people think we are too light in allowing this kind of false talk against us.  Warning + move is probably right...

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2020, 02:47:00 PM »
Cel dint take a break, Cel stop playing on war2ru because he found that iL make criminal act on this server.

Allowing every mods and admins and even some regular players to get acces on IP players, password and wisper log.

Cel is still playing and streaming, just on another server.

But clearly admins will not say truth, they just gonna mute me and move my posts to flames thread and acting like im crazy.

We all know that.  :thumbsup:
When you just come up with a wild theory, based on no facts, that spreads lies and libel against the server, should we NOT mute it?

First off, nobody has access to the logs except iL and one other person he appointed to do an investigation, which is Cel.  Cel already posted all about what he found in the logs and never said he found anything bad!

I think most people think we are too light in allowing this kind of false talk against us.  Warning + move is probably right...

Why he is not here anymore? Why do he stream on GOG?

And why one of his best friend told me that?

''Imagine toi donc que t'avais un peu raison... pas sur tout mais quand même... Cel a découvert des problèmes de sécurité sur le serveur... genre que le log des mots de passe et des convos avec même les whisper se promenaient pas just entre admin genre que iL l'a pratiquement passé à tout le monde... Cel lui a dit de changer ça et iL voulait pas parce qu'il a peur que les autres le prennent mal... fak moi, Trog, greengoblin, et quelques autres joueurs on a commencé à jouer sur gog. Cel (Trog il a choisi de prendre le nom de son stream) avait rien à voir là dedans et là on joue légallement les samedi et dimanche soir. On a créé un nouveau discord et fuck war2ru xD
En gros.''

Traduction

'' So imagine that you were a little right ... not on everything but still ... Cel discovered security problems on the server ... like the log of passwords and convos with even whisper weren't just walking between admin like he practically passed it to everyone ... Cel told him to change that and he didn't want to because he's afraid others will take him badly ... So me, Trog, greengoblin, and a few other players we started playing on gog. Cel (Trog he chose to take the name of his stream) had nothing to do with it and there we play legally on Saturday and Sunday evening. We created a new discord and fuck war2ru xD
Basically. ''

So still false accusation?

Because i mean, at the biginning i was sure it was a joke too, but i realize cel dont play no more on RU and did reallly start to stream on gog... So it's hard to believe that's only false accusation.

I could show you way much more, discussion way much more important with other peoples about why a network of hackers hang on that server and why iL is doing nothing against them, discussion about why my familly have been blackmail and why they are hacking me, but im pretty sure that not the kind of conversations you wanna see on this forum, especially that one.

Im also gonna keep those conversation with me by respect to the person who reveal me that
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 03:15:42 PM by Delete ME NOW! »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2020, 03:15:01 PM »
Cel didn't say anything about anything like this in any place that I can see, but I will try to find out.

Cel discovered security problems on the server ... like the log of passwords and convos with even whisper weren't just walking between admin like he practically passed it to everyone ... Cel told him to change that and he didn't want to because he's afraid others will take him badly ...
What does this mean?  The server is insecure?  Then what happened, iL didn't agree?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2020, 03:17:00 PM »
Cel didn't say anything about anything like this in any place that I can see, but I will try to find out.

Cel discovered security problems on the server ... like the log of passwords and convos with even whisper weren't just walking between admin like he practically passed it to everyone ... Cel told him to change that and he didn't want to because he's afraid others will take him badly ...
What does this mean?  The server is insecure?  Then what happened, iL didn't agree?

Blid, we dont cares about what Cel is saying or not, Cel will not say anything because at the end he is a peace guy, and if i was seeing someone getting hacks and blackmail, i would probably shut my mouth too and just leave peacefully.. The only question you must ask yourself is, why Cel is playing and streaming on GoG now.

Especially when Cel told us for a month, the day he will discover something weird on this server, he will leave it for ever.

What you gonna say this time, Cel is also a paranoyak crazy person? Like me?

How much time it gonna take now before tora start to mute me while my family is blackmail? And How much time it gonna take before burnt came back and you guys gonna make the big drama because of his useless swapping account history while ''i repeat'' my family is blackmail?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 04:13:53 PM by Delete ME NOW! »