Author Topic: War2 ru - Backup Server  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
War2 ru - Backup Server
« on: December 20, 2020, 04:50:55 AM »
Hi War2 Players, Hi Dougs,

yesterday the main Server was down. We did join the backup Server and yeah it was known that theres some project going.
You could biuld Heroes, Portals , and many other stuff.
I appreciate that you guys do alot for this server and try to make it better. Maybe War2 lives as long because its good how it is?

For me it was a whole different game :)
Dont get me wrong, wasnt bad at all, but it was a completly other game.

I felt like im playing dellam and he comes with demons after 2 mins playing.

For my personal feeling i like the good old war2 from 1995 without any changes.
Also Backup Server should be a „Backup“ in case main server isnt running.

Cya heteros, cya dougs , love you.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: War2 ru - Backup Server
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 05:18:12 AM »
We announced that new mod here: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,6083.0.html

The question is how to make this thing better for everybody.
We can switch every single feature on and off:
I mean, heroes, portals, critters, runestones, etc. What we can definitely do, is to keep these features in maps: to create a map "GOW with runestones", "POS with portals", "NWTR with daemons", etc. Or combine several features in one map.
Or we can add some special mode into combat, like "melee with mod" to allow some fixed set of features there.
Still not sure how to go with that...

Now backup server shows all the features in all the hosted games. It's just a test, or I'd say, a demo, with all the features.
That test mod have been enabled in 9 Dec 2020 and will be disabled in 9 Jan 2021. 1 month test period.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 07:42:53 AM »
I like it, it was funny games, but making  any hero after firstfarm is op

Deamon so op
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 02:01:01 PM »
All interesting stuff for some people (not for me thats for sure),  but I logged off after the first game.  It was just NOT war2 and it wasnt a backup server.  It was,  idk what to call it.  A starcraft wannabe maybe?  A completely separate server should be used for the beta testing,  the backup server wasnt the place to do that imo.  I dont have time to play war2 very often and the main server being down and no backup ruined any time I had to play real war2.  I was like 5 mins away from putting up a server of my own just so I could play a real match.  It was late in the night however,  and just logged off and never went back instead.  Hopefully that non-sense doesnt happen again.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline LoRyS.iT

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 03:04:01 PM »
i agree with knitty

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 02:48:46 AM »
Cause I can ban you,and I will ban you till you will unlock all videos on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience