Author Topic: ladder demoting sistem  (Read 9624 times)

Offline LoRyS.iT

• Grunt
    • View Profile
ladder demoting sistem
« on: May 04, 2021, 08:17:55 AM »
how does the ladder demoting sistem works?

i was like @13 and now im @21 altho i recently played:

Medivh (#12) defeated Lorys.it (#13) on "Garden of War" at 23:24:49 on 04/30/2021.
Medivh (#12) defeated Lorys.it (#13) on "Garden of War" at 23:20:30 on 04/30/2021.
Medivh (#12) defeated Lorys.it (#13) on "Garden of War" at 23:10:00 on 04/30/2021.
Lorys.it (#13 → #12) defeated
Medivh (#12 → #13) on "Garden of War" at 23:00:18 on 04/30/2021.
Medivh (#11) defeated Lorys.it (#12) on "Garden of War" at 22:48:25 on 04/30/2021.

just curious

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: ladder demoting sistem
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »
You've not been demoted. Other people passed you in rank.

Doesnt take long to move from a top spot to a low spot if you're not playing, while others are.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:37:39 AM »
ladder is bad, if you are 10 your opponent is 11 you will win 20 games in row, but you will lose last one you will be 11  :poo:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 10:54:11 AM »
What is the point of this ladder anyway? It's a Neverending ongoing ladder with 50,000+ names on it. I've mentioned this before, but can't we revamp it and actually have it serve a useful purpose?

Have ladder seasons of 2-3 months each with a champ of each season

End of year Tourney with all season winners

Get promoted/demoted to different tiers (like sc2, GM, diamond, gold etc)

Use MMR

I'm sure there are alot of other great ideas we could implement. I know you will say no one cares about the ladder enough to justify the time and changes made. Obviously it's just a game and doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. However people still obviously care about it if they're asking questions etc.

I think it's worth looking into.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 01:20:47 PM »

Use MMR

sure lets ban all smurfs, 1 player = 1 account
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 03:41:36 PM »
Not sure if sarcastic. But if thats what people want that's fine. Or only 1 name in top 10 allowed etc

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 05:16:22 PM »
i tried removing smurf/duplicate names from top 20, but a couple people literally make new names every week and get them to top 20 on ladder.

that shit got old real fast.. like 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards all the time.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 07:48:58 PM »
i tried removing smurf/duplicate names from top 20, but a couple people literally make new names every week and get them to top 20 on ladder.

that shit got old real fast.. like 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards all the time.

You try, you try... You dint try bro, you are logged once per week lol... Anyway why the hell there only 1 guy who take cares of that?? And why lil dint reset that 20 years old useless ladder yet...

Staff is so useless at this game, tell him to just let peoples who got time to take cares of that, and he can keep making useless updates that nobody cares.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:51:19 PM by Delete ME NOW! »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 11:11:24 PM »
Well I mean people complain that there's no new players coming in, the game is dying, Yada Yada Yada. But refuse to implement modern things to make gaming interesting. I'm not super competitive these days but it would be nice for something to look forward to (like an end to a ladder season) and just to get that "oh hey I'm #4 this season" kinda thing. As opposed to a Neverending ladder with no actual point to it. I'm sure others would agree. No matter how casual a player is everyone still likes to play competitive games. There is no real point of mods these days to be honest. If the only thing mods do is transfer stats from various names then let the user do that themselves somehow.
Ive been saying this since I came back in 2019. This game needs universal automatic updates so everyone is on the same playing field, same plug-ins etc. I get the nostalgicness of the game is important but so is keeping it up to date.

We could learn alot if we take a look at starcraft 1 BW. The game is just about as old as this but still brings in super competitive matches and tourneys. They still get updates with new map pools for the new ladder season. Can't we do that as well? Each new ladder season let's say gets a new 10 map pool to 1v1 on. It would keep things interesting instead of just GOW. Even for people watching streams imagine how interesting it would be for them when you're 1v1ing someone on the last few days of the ladder season with the #1 spot up for grabs, they also like to see an assortment of maps. Thus helping the game grow.
Maybe I'm just talking to a wall because I don't think any of this will realistically happen, just wishful thinking.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 04:22:43 AM »

Nah. Our player base too old to take anything like this seriously. Players generally just log in play a few game and chat with friends then log off.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 04:25:03 AM »
Well I mean people complain that there's no new players coming in, the game is dying, Yada Yada Yada. But refuse to implement modern things to make gaming interesting. I'm not super competitive these days but it would be nice for something to look forward to (like an end to a ladder season) and just to get that "oh hey I'm #4 this season" kinda thing. As opposed to a Neverending ladder with no actual point to it. I'm sure others would agree. No matter how casual a player is everyone still likes to play competitive games. There is no real point of mods these days to be honest. If the only thing mods do is transfer stats from various names then let the user do that themselves somehow.
Ive been saying this since I came back in 2019. This game needs universal automatic updates so everyone is on the same playing field, same plug-ins etc. I get the nostalgicness of the game is important but so is keeping it up to date.

We could learn alot if we take a look at starcraft 1 BW. The game is just about as old as this but still brings in super competitive matches and tourneys. They still get updates with new map pools for the new ladder season. Can't we do that as well? Each new ladder season let's say gets a new 10 map pool to 1v1 on. It would keep things interesting instead of just GOW. Even for people watching streams imagine how interesting it would be for them when you're 1v1ing someone on the last few days of the ladder season with the #1 spot up for grabs, they also like to see an assortment of maps. Thus helping the game grow.
Maybe I'm just talking to a wall because I don't think any of this will realistically happen, just wishful thinking.

Not really fair to compare our community with “starcraft.” Starcraft is being run by blizzard while we are being run by volunteers.
But if your willing to assist in this endeavor Bara maybe we can look more into this idea.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 04:27:16 AM »
sure lets ban all smurfs, 1 player = 1 account

That is the only real way to fix the ladder. But it’s too unpopular an idea for it to ever be implemented.
war2 > war3

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 07:00:25 AM »

But if your willing to assist in this endeavor Bara maybe we can look more into this idea.

So when he take cares of it like a champ and take decision you will be able to talkshit in his back and saying to peoples ur about to solve his case  :sob: :sob: :sob:
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 12:19:51 PM »
What is the point of this ladder anyway? It's a Neverending ongoing ladder with 50,000+ names on it. I've mentioned this before, but can't we revamp it and actually have it serve a useful purpose?

Use MMR

I'm sure there are alot of other great ideas we could implement. I know you will say no one cares about the ladder enough to justify the time and changes made. Obviously it's just a game and doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. However people still obviously care about it if they're asking questions etc.

I think it's worth looking into.

I would like it... great idea @baRa
Also i think ladder should be shorter. Like each month a new ladder.
End of the year you got 12 ladder winners and can plan a 12men ladder winner tourney.

If a player allready won a ladder and manage to be on top on another month, 2nd player gets the ticket.

Also could have icons April Champ etc.... w/e community wants to.

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 02:08:24 PM »

Nah. Our player base too old to take anything like this seriously. Players generally just log in play a few game and chat with friends then log off.

I understand what you mean, but somehow we still get tournies here and there with participants. We don't even need to do it "tourney" style where it's done in 1 day. Make it so they play each other within a specific time frame of 1 week or so so its more flexible. I think it could work.

I don't mind helping out with something like this. I wouldn't be able to help with any technical stuff because I'm retarded In that aspect but I could help for sure. I could even set time aside with the end of the season tourney and do some commentary live or on replays. Anything would help grow the game right.