Author Topic: War2 crashing lately  (Read 6707 times)

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: War2 crashing lately
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2021, 06:19:02 PM »
Yep still happens. I will send you crash reports in pm

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2021, 05:02:28 PM »
Thanks!
Can you please confirm or refute my idea:
Crash happens when you join the server, then leave and then join again not exiting war2?

Never happens when you start war2 and then join at the 1-st time?

And crash happens at the 1-st game after rejoin or 2-nd, 3-rd or more game?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2021, 06:22:04 PM »
yes, you cant rejoin server without exiting w2

if you rejoin server - insta crash, you need just play without relog, if you need cause lag, you must restart w2
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2021, 06:28:54 PM »
Thanks!
Can you please confirm or refute my idea:
Crash happens when you join the server, then leave and then join again not exiting war2?

Never happens when you start war2 and then join at the 1-st time?

And crash happens at the 1-st game after rejoin or 2-nd, 3-rd or more game?

correct.

after a game you try to rejoin the same host but you get lat (90% of the time) so you reconnect to the server, and when it says "Checking versions..." it crashes/exit's the program.  so some of us have had to restart war2 entirely after every game, to play the next game.

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2021, 03:50:06 AM »
My crashing has only occurred when I join a game lobby, not in checking versions screen like with woofy.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2021, 12:49:30 AM »
Same with Mikulz. When I join the game lobby. I've even had it 2x to the same game I've tried to join. The 3rd time it works. After that initial issue, its fine after that. It also has seemed that it has happened when another person joins but that may just be coincidence or just the error happening that prevented someone from joining. I've heard ppl say map dist before it happens to me too.

It happens when I first start playing again. Generally after afk (I think?) or open war2. The program literally just closes. Mostly with no error msg but sometimes with some exe msg? I don't recall.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2021, 04:08:39 AM »
So, @Harrywangs @8)MikulZ(8 @woofy @Szwagier @Player and others
As i understand that was the proper sequence:

0. You use win10
1. You start war2
2. You join the server.war2.ru
3. Till you are online, you play with no crashes.
4. For some reason (like lags) you leave the server and then join back.
5. You join some game, waiting in lobby and get crash. Sometimes with messagebox, sometimes without it. Sometimes no crash at all.

I need to catch the problem to fix it, as i understood the key is 4. You leave the server and then join back, not exiting war2.
After that you have possible delayed problems, always in lobby, right?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2021, 10:00:00 AM »
After I rejoin server without reboot w2, I got problem in game lobby, when I join I cant write anything or it will insta crash, if i wont write anything and host start my game crash after countdown, If I rejoin server and I will try host game,my game will crash when i click ok to start
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »
Just updated, try now, should not cause crash when you join/rejoin the server since this moment.
Try that please.