Author Topic: Holy Nikes! There's a lot more people on here than in the GAME  (Read 1572 times)

Offline ~fullmana~

• Peon
    • View Profile
Yeah, what's up with that! why so many posters but not so many players??

Anyways, I really would appreciate an admin to //iconchange ~fullmana~ SEPI        :) Also, I'm workwork or the peonsmuggler, but this is my final form I swear. I am a panda on workwork, and I wish I could see a template of gamertags but the dog is cute so!!!!

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Nikes! There's a lot more people on here than in the GAME
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 06:50:34 PM »
what is peonsmuggler, what is workwork, what is a panda, what template, what dog?

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 11:29:29 PM »
Because everyone complains about it but doesn't play, rofl.

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 12:41:05 AM »
I am speaking for myself, but there are a few reasons why I don't play much on that server.  The server is at the point where everyone joins the same games, even as just a watcher if they aren't playing, which leaves not many other playing options for others.  And the games that everyone joins is always for top tier players.  I am not at the calibre where I can compete with the top players, due to not playing in like 10 years, so I would just be letting teammates down by being useless.  Once in a while there's a new player, but I am not new either, so it would not be fair to compete against noobs.  I am stuck in the middle somewhere, and it is difficult to find games around my skill level.

Also, the attitude of the majority of players is a bit aggressive, which can be very unwelcoming, especially to newer players.  I personally don't get offended by the aggression, but it does affect my willingness to join games just because, for me, it comes across as people taking the game too serious and caring too much about winning.  I don't feel competitive enough to fill the slot of an ally for people that want to win.  Teams would just be imbalanced in favor of my opponents, and a handicap to my partner.  Would be fine if everyone played for fun and didn't care too much, but I feel pressured to find a way to be competitive.

I do want to get better at the game so I can play with the top players again, but I feel like I need to find more people around my level to compete with until then.  Thankfully there are a couple other servers out there with players around my level, which I've been having a blast with, but the RU server, truthfully, just feels unwelcoming for me.  Would be nice if we were able to make games more inclusive of all skill levels, but I understand that is a tough thing to do.

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 01:20:23 AM »
I do want to get better
4v4 "big games" are suitable for this.
You just need to try not to be killed too early and help your allies with something in the later stages.

Just let host know your level.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 01:57:13 AM »
Well put Luster. That is basically the scenario with many people. I've always said this, and will continue to.

Now, I'm not saying there is a much better option, but this is what I feel is best. Let's say you have 20 good people playing and 8 who aren't so good. The issue is that, the 20 good people host games and the 8 not so good people only join those games. They never host.

The not so good people, need to host their own games and play with the other not so good people. Everyone wants to be a pro or play with the pros. But maybe, mayyyybeeee 1 in those 8 people will actually host a game of their own for other newer/less experienced people. That is part of the problem.

I can go on the server daily and almost always see 4 or more average to new players on that people could game with. When the better players do play with the newer players, they stack the game towards the newer players to compensate. So, when you say you can't ally good people and are too good for bad people, well, play with the bad people too and stack.

Now, you've become the "pro" who isn't including people of lesser skill than you yet you want to be treated differently.

There seem to be a lot of people on here to would rather play for fun vs competition yet they tend to never find each other? Only on GoG?

Not trying to sound like a dick but that often seems to be the case. Medium skilled players or less need to take more initiative.

Offline ~fullmana~

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 11:22:11 PM »
Hi Woofy, workwork is my first ever username, and it's the one with a panda. I don't even remember who did that for me. My alter egos would be the peonsmuggler, and the others. Also, thanks Harrywangs and Luster for giving me some depth and insight into the problem of servers and games! So, me being a decent player I guess I should try hosting more then to help encourage more people to join games? And, everything else you said lol

I am now Sepi! although, if I could see what other icon changes were available, I'd love to pick something else :P

Also, I'm trying to show my approval and thumbs up your comments but don't seem to be able to. :/