Author Topic: 64 users online soon 65  (Read 3273 times)

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
64 users online soon 65
« on: June 05, 2021, 03:14:49 PM »
kinda nice :]]

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: 64 users online soon 65
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 12:37:31 PM »
80 used to be nice. Hasn't been that way for 2-3 years now.  :(

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 01:36:55 PM »
That is why I want to get into streaming this game.  I'm not a pro, so I may not generate a ton of traffic, but more game exposure can't hurt.  Would love to help rebuild this game.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 02:03:47 PM »
Any exposure is good exposure for sure.

and i think its important that people with different skill levels stream.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 02:19:58 PM »
Well peoples have been luck inside homes for years because corona virus, now its almost going back to normal and it summer, it's pretty sure we gonna see a drop of player on the server, peoples wanna go outside after all that pandemic.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 08:26:27 AM »
Yeah the server is pretty dead latley but I do think that is cause most people not trying to stay inside and play war2.
Last year we had a huge covid bump.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 10:10:59 AM »
.ru looking like server usa on it's best day lately :(

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 10:31:46 AM »

.ru looking like server usa on it's best day lately :(

Yeah well I simply don't have time to host tournaments every week/month. If someone on here has some free time on the weekend and could host I can assist with the $$$ prizes. (Only way I can think of boasting up the numbers.)
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 12:20:55 PM »
I think we need new players. That's the key. Going to be awhile before I have the ability to try to make that happen. Hopefully we hang around long enough

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 01:14:19 PM »
Well we just pushed away that Danny guy, who, by the looks of his stream, coulda been a damn good player. Not sure how we are going to get new players unless we get them in bunches.

Everyone (a lot of ppl) complains about the lack of people yet they aren't on very much.... I mean.... if you want to have more people, then be online. You can't all log on once a week and complain. More people are on here part time than they've been. It's slowly been going down, covid or not.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 03:28:00 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 01:17:01 PM »
Well we just pushed away that Danny guy, who, by the looks of his stream, coulda been a damn good player. Not sure how we are going to get new players unless we get them in bunches.

Everyone (a lot of ppl) complaints about the lack of people yet they aren't on very much.... I mean.... if you want to have more people, then be online. You can't all log on once a week and complain. More people are on here part time than they've been. It's slowly been going down, covid or not.

I don't think it's that the player base wants "new" players. I think it's that the player base wants the existing playerbase to log on more.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 02:09:16 PM »
i dont expect that to happen. over time all of us will log on less and less.. and over time more and more will quit permanently... its always been like that. i dont see it randomly changing.

if the game is to be around long, the only option is introducing new players.

new players or continue to die.

but it has to be a meaninful number of new players. it literally has to be equal or greater than the current number of active users. 2 or 3 here and there wont cut it. it's gotta be 50, 100, or more new players. all getting on at about the same time.. 20+ a week for a few weeks back to back.

only question is how do we do that.

my solution requires me to get ~12k that i can afford to blow.

Spend ~2k advertising 3 upcoming tournaments (maybe start advertising 3 months in advance). Beginner, Novice, and Pro. 5K in prizes for pro tournament. 3K for novice tournament. 2k for beginner tournament.

minimum of 100 regular games/25 ladder games to qualify for beginner. minimum 250 regular games/100 ladder games for novice(they would all still be beginners to us.. but not to eachother).. and then we all know who can compete in the pro tournament.

and then host monthly smaller prized tournaments to keep the interest going.

old schoolers would come back. new players likely to come. only solution i can think of.

new players

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 02:11:36 PM »
I need to get my stream/youtube set up, and cast maybe 1 game a day... takes like 30 minutes to cast more games probably.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 03:21:59 PM »
I think TK hit the nail on the head. Old players will diminish over time. Honestly, counterintuitively speaking, it might work the opposite way. If you have a lot more new players and a more active community, you may get a lot of old players back. Remember, not all players coming back have to be top tier. Naturally, there will always be a high population of average players. Hence the word average, ha.

TK that is a lot of money to spend. If you are going to cut corners, imo, spend less on the top tier players. They can play for w/e money we already provide and many play for the competition. We don't get many top tier players coming back for tournaments anyways. That was only for Burnts and that is long gone.

New players don't have enough new players to play with, so yes, there needs to be a higher population of them at once, I agree. 50 is quite an aggressive and admiral goal but even 15 would be suffice.

For the tournament you could even put, people with 1-3 months of ever playing the game qualify only, games work just as well if not better. (Tora IP check), this way, if they are interested enough, they will play for that long and by that time they either like they game or they don't. Random hasted thought. No pun intended.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 04:53:08 PM »
The only reason I structured it like that is because I think it would attract other established old school players to coming back, but also discourage any of them from trying to pretend like they were beginners and smurfing or something under a vpn to try to get into a beginner's bracket.

That would be a mess.. but maybe also identifiable if something like that did happen..and we could just disqualify them completely and hand the payout to the next honest runner up