Author Topic: War2 VLOG and KHB/Shotgun vs spb/Ragner  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile
War2 VLOG and KHB/Shotgun vs spb/Ragner
« on: June 07, 2021, 03:10:50 AM »
Hi,

I made a video VLOG talking a little about Warcraft 2 and how it impacted me, and I then go on to do a cast. This youtube video is currently unlisted, and I'm seeking feedback from YOU! I was considering posting this to my social media accounts, which have notable followings but they are 100% Call of Duty Players. I'm not sure what I hope to accomplish with it, I think it's maybe a bit of a "coming out" as a war2 player, because I did hide it from the outside world for so long. I'm enjoying a bit of soul cleansing this year, and this feels like a significant part of it.

Posting here for feedback before I decide if and when to go live with the link.

youtube.com/watch?v=4H7idsEvXN4

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 03:15:06 AM by Ash »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: War2 VLOG and KHB/Shotgun vs spb/Ragner
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 04:14:30 AM »
Thats really great, i like it, thanks for the support  :)

PS: Can i stream it to my twitch channel? Im gonna give link to ur youtube at same time so peoples can follow you.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 04:17:10 AM by Delete ME NOW! »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 08:18:47 AM »
Looks good Ash. I enjoyed watching it. You should definitely publish it. Is there links to more commentaries on the games? Also has anyone highlighted Equinoxes casting of the Steve/Lux V u8/Swift series yet?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 08:31:00 AM »
Looks good Ash. I enjoyed watching it. You should definitely publish it. Is there links to more commentaries on the games? Also has anyone highlighted Equinoxes casting of the Steve/Lux V u8/Swift series yet?

Bro im not sure it's a good idea to be honnest, its ok for me to publish my own stream because im a special guy with a special stream, but for him to publish that kind of stuff to his community... i dont know, they will probably say im crazy Lolll  :sweat:

For me it's gonna be a pleasure, but if he think thats a bad idea, i will clearly understand him, and im not gonna be offended..

This is is own choice at this point  :newthumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:35:13 AM by Delete ME NOW! »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 08:44:44 AM »
Awesome cast and intro into the game. Would love to see you do more if you have the opportunity.

I'd love to be able to post this to my War2 FB with your permission if you decide to publish it.

https://www.facebook.com/War2TidesOfDarkness

if anyone would like moderator access to that FB page let me know.. would love to see other people postiing on it with current/upcoming events/updates/modifications to the server

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 09:16:03 AM by tk[as] »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 08:50:03 AM »
If i can find the time, i might end up being a bit of a copy cat on this.

I've been wanting to do something similar.. Cast various games. Some high level, some low level... I really think this is the type of thing that can bring more people to the community.

Streaming is great.. but casting other people's games and explaining the ideas behind what's going on (build placement.. positions.. strategies for those positions.. weaknesses.. strengths etc..) has more opportunity to reach more people who maybe otherwise never would have played.

when we stream our own games, we're not explaining anything.

i think new people are more likely to play when they have a resource to look at that explains in depth how to play the game.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 12:52:00 PM »
Very good. Well articulated <----- I think you kept it pretty simple, which is perfect because you don't want to over complicate things when someone is just viewing this game for the first time.

Just make sure that demo/intro of the actual game doesn't overly distract from your commentary I would say.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 03:08:22 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 04:35:37 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah you can share or whatever, I doubt it'll make a splash on my feed.

That said, I think I'm going to re-do the video. So I actually already casted all games of this series, and KHB and I both dual casted all of the games of the semi-finals. But if I'm taking this to a bigger crowd, I think we need bigger, better games. So I'm considering re-pairing the VLOG with the first game of the finals, and having khb and I dual cast that. It's alot more fun to watch the dynamic of 2 casters than just 1 alone, especially in a sensitive introductory type content like this. People gravitate toward the caster-relationship. So I'm gonna probably trash this cast and re-pair it.

Very appreciate of the positive words and feedback. It was a ton of fun casting with Nick, and I think only posting a dual-cast is a good manifestation of my whole point about what I love about war2 - it's better as a team.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 09:25:15 PM »
such a natural communicator! excellent video

Offline RagneR

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 12:19:33 AM »
I like your video, I would like to see even more)

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 01:49:16 AM »
Excellent....pls do more of this!

Offline KaNuKs~

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 01:53:27 AM »
Great watch, keep it up Ash!

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 05:25:24 AM »
Sup Ash, just had some time to watch your vids. Great man, keep on.