War2.ru Slogan
News: There's a new version of War2Observe that fixes the crash issue,
download from the downloads page today!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

KHB/Shotgun vs 00Steve/00Logan Finals Casted by Ash/KHB Game 1 Up on Youtube 209  8

Peon Posts: 23 Karma: +9/-0 **

Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile

Ash

KHB/Shotgun vs 00Steve/00Logan Finals Casted by Ash/KHB Game 1 Up on Youtube
« on: June 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM »

Pairs with an intro blog that I posted  yesterday, tournament stuff starts around 6 minutes in. I went live with this on Social Media, not a huge hit but it'll probably rack up a few hundred to a thousand views or so from that.

More games in the series to come!
Server Admin Death Knight Posts: 4462 Karma: +110/-13 *****

tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: KHB/Shotgun vs 00Steve/00Logan Finals Casted by Ash/KHB Game 1 Up on Youtube
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 05:13:18 PM »
Really good content. Thanks KHB and Ash for the work

I uploaded it to the War2 Tides of Darkness FB page starting from the brackets since the same intro was posted yesterday.
Axe Thrower Posts: 332 Karma: +30/-0 ****

Harrywangs

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: KHB/Shotgun vs 00Steve/00Logan Finals Casted by Ash/KHB Game 1 Up on Youtube
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 11:59:47 PM »
Looks good. I'm just curious, as I watch the videos, what is your target audience?
Peon Posts: 23 Karma: +9/-0 **

Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile

Ash

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 12:38:38 AM »
Looks good. I'm just curious, as I watch the videos, what is your target audience?

Hah, potent question. I was trying for a tutorial like approach, as I had no idea what the limit of interest might be from a more general audience being exposed. So here we're going as broad as possible for a better chance at getting new interest. Really just having some fun over the last few days with the content  and making a small effort at exposing it to a wider audience. The successful commentator Tasteless in Starcraft takes a similar approach by continuously explaining the game as if it was to a newer audience throughout his career, even though its mainly only consistent viewers. It gives a chance at new viewers to pick it up, and it is I think even somewhat comforting to acclimated war2 Players as it reminds them of the basics and makes them feel good for already knowing what's being explained.
Berserker Posts: 545 Karma: +63/-3 *****

Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 04:13:18 AM »
Very nice, I will one day do a voice over of some of my games to explain why I do what I do at certain times. You guys totally missed teal towering s12! The mistake Blue made was rewalling his ogres ABOVE 4. I noticed that so immediately run all of my ogres except 2 to 5, knowing I will definitely have the numbers on him and will be able to kill 4. I keep 2 ogres at 12 to choke my base (with my cat and the 3 i had training at barracks). If Blue rewalls his ogres BELOW his wall in I probably dont attack him there and he keeps 4. However I would then send 3 ogres to rekill his wall in repeating the cycle until he makes a wrong move.
Server Admin Berserker Posts: 564 Karma: +56/-4 *****

woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 04:30:34 AM »
^ noob
Peon Posts: 36 Karma: +7/-0 **

KingHillBilly

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 09:04:15 AM »
Very nice, I will one day do a voice over of some of my games to explain why I do what I do at certain times. You guys totally missed teal towering s12! The mistake Blue made was rewalling his ogres ABOVE 4. I noticed that so immediately run all of my ogres except 2 to 5, knowing I will definitely have the numbers on him and will be able to kill 4. I keep 2 ogres at 12 to choke my base (with my cat and the 3 i had training at barracks). If Blue rewalls his ogres BELOW his wall in I probably dont attack him there and he keeps 4. However I would then send 3 ogres to rekill his wall in repeating the cycle until he makes a wrong move.

We didn't miss it.. just didn't cover it THAT time.. we recorded this game too many times.. lol. Best that we didn't... your catapult died to guard towers :O
Berserker Posts: 545 Karma: +63/-3 *****

Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 09:09:34 AM »
 ;D ;D I was wondering where it went actually, lol
Server Admin Death Knight Posts: 4462 Karma: +110/-13 *****

tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 02:54:54 PM »

"so basically i learned all of this from tk's training videos"