Author Topic: HD Patch  (Read 3745 times)

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
HD Patch
« on: June 12, 2023, 05:21:51 PM »
hey together,
can someone explain to me how exactly the HD patch works?

I saw an example from Player that I did not understand :)
The single farmer already sees more? Each knight sees more? each building sees more?

Can one of you professionals explain this in more detail using a picture?

I mean actually I don't care if someone uses it. i would just like to know if it is really a big advantage.

Do you need a widescreen monitor for this or does it work with any screen?

But if I really see more than someone else, I think it's already an unfair advantage. Especially when scouting, one is already seen and the other could not see it.
Why do we have to change the game after 20 years and see more than before? Look some spots you could never scout from behind... if that is now possible with an HD patch, that changes a lot.

of course you can argue that the patch is free for download. But a hack I can also download somewhere freely available. Where are the limits?

Anyway, I'm neutral right now, I'd just like to see the difference in more detail.

ywfn i miss you <3

cheers knitt.

Offline Maxx444

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: HD Patch
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 11:05:28 PM »
The single farmer already sees more? Each knight sees more? each building sees more?

The units don't see more. Fog of war and field of vision per unit are still the same.  The total viewable area on screen is more.  The main post is the best reference for more info regarding this topic.  Look at the pictures posted via
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,6461.0.html

Do you need a widescreen monitor for this or does it work with any screen?

Your monitor and personally preference would depict what works best for you.  Most play on setting 3 (960x544) or 4 (1280x704).  I posted my personal opinions on page 8.  Take a read through the whole post. Some good discussion and info throughout the whole topic.

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: HD Patch
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 11:34:54 AM »
Hey Maxx444, thank you very much.

ok got it thanks.