Author Topic: why have i been banned?  (Read 4970 times)

Offline what_is_it

• Critter
    • View Profile
why have i been banned?
« on: December 16, 2014, 05:32:52 PM »
hi everyone, new user here. i've played warcraft 2 for years, before it was 'vintage'  :D now i wanna play on this super cool online version!
i've been trying to join some games, sometimes i would join a game with 1 opponent and he would leave as soon as we start, and sometimes i get banned while waiting for the game to start.
i haven't been spamming, cheating, or insulting anyone.
there's a screenshot attached, where you can see i just said "hey" and i'm banned.
i hope you can tell me what i'm doing wrong. 

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: why have i been banned?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
Guess you're getting banned for being a newbie.
When they ask you about "s9" respond with "30k"

also you could ask them to let you watch if they dont want you to play. Make sure you behave properly (server rules & etiquette @ server.war2.ru)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:29:26 PM »
Some people like this are jerks and just ban new players without even letting them watch but others will let them watch. You could always host your own games or ask to watch in the "pro" games.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 06:35:14 PM »
find a mentor :)

Offline what_is_it

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 06:58:12 PM »
Thank you all for your replies..
Wow, so hard to start to play if people bans you just for being a newbie. I wish i could show them how many times i've played the original warcraft 1 and 2 back in the '90s.. :)
I'll try and watch some games, or host some.
Thank you, i hope i'll see you on the server!

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:08:21 PM »
The server is full of people afraid to play 2v1's or teach new people.  You can msg me anytime in the game (est.1988), I am always taking noobs as allies and we even win some.  But really the best way to NOT get banned is to join a game and immediately ask "Can I watch pls, I wont build, I'm new" when you join a game instead of saying "hi".  Watch a game or two with them and after you've proved you know how to watch, they will usually be more willing to let you play.  Just tell them that you are new and want to try playing if someone can carry you.  But if you enter and just say "hey",  they'll most likely ask something like s9, 11, or some other oddball question.  They are cryptic on purpose and many times you wont even know they are asking you a question.

Just make sure NOT to build ANYTHING when you are watching a game.  Just unvis everyone in the game if you've entered a "TvB" game BEFORE You move your peasant,  then run your peon someplace that wont get in the way.  If you are in a TvB game and you're the ONLY watcher,  then its customary to vis EVERYONE for about 3 seconds,  then immediately unvis them.  All before you move your peasant.  This puts everyone on a level playing field for seeing things like chopped trees, knowing where you started, etc.  Make damn sure you unvis before you move your PEASANT though ;)  Notice I said "PEASANT".  This is because it's customary for watchers to select the HUMAN race.  95% of the time players will select ORC if they are playing.  There are exceptions but generally,  just go human in order to watch, and orc to play.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:13:34 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 09:51:33 PM »
Thank you all for your replies..
Wow, so hard to start to play if people bans you just for being a newbie. I wish i could show them how many times i've played the original warcraft 1 and 2 back in the '90s.. :)
I'll try and watch some games, or host some.
Thank you, i hope i'll see you on the server!
U high?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 11:05:15 PM »
and if you go ahead and host your own games and find that noone is joining after waiting a decent amount of time it means you can't host and you have to either
a) fix it by opening ports on router
b) use the online host bot which only hosts 2 types of maps

btw,
why isnt there a sticky with this type of info for newcomers (like him) in here?
and can't the host bot add at least 5 more maps to its available options ?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:06:50 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 11:19:46 PM »
True there should be a how to host sticked post with port forwarding instructions and instructions on how to use the host bot.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 06:34:57 AM »
I had this issue when I started playing in late 2010/early 2011, someone ended up mentoring me and letting me watch all games he was in and telling the people not to ban me if he was no the host.

By the way, when it says you are banned, it does not mean you are banned from the server. Just from joining that specific players game as long as its up, if they host another game after you're able to join it just fine. But you'd probably get the same result depending on the person, unless someone in the game told them you're ok.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 10:06:57 AM »
Now we know why the game died.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 01:59:16 PM »
i can make the thread up to admins to sticky

if u even care.........................  8)