Author Topic: Matty[iS] has passed away  (Read 4835 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Matty[iS] has passed away
« on: May 13, 2021, 02:23:53 AM »

Rest in Paradise another great guy has left us.

Too many players passing away at young ages for such a small community.

Spend time with your family.. this game is not important.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 02:33:39 AM by XuRnT »

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Matty[iS] has passed away
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 05:10:21 AM »
:(

Take care of health too..

Offline Thumb$

• Axe Thrower
  • You can't win unless you learn how to lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 05:36:36 AM »
Rest in peace matty  :tear:
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 06:24:03 AM »
RIP. Condolences to those who were close to him.  Friends, family, and gamers.

Offline Thumb$

• Axe Thrower
  • You can't win unless you learn how to lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 08:05:27 AM »
i can't belive the life has taking another soul from our lives..he was the coolest guy on war2...what happened to him?  :'( R.I.P Matty  :tear:
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 10:33:09 AM »
:( RIP
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 02:44:30 PM »
Wow Matty passed? That’s crazy.....
war2 > war3

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 08:08:16 AM »
Didnt play much with him, but he was known to me.
Very sad, rest in peace buddy.
You will always be a part of our war2 family.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 10:27:23 AM »
Matty,

Death is so permanent. All the memories and all the laughs that you once shared with someone who's gone, you now hold alone.

I can't believe I'll never hear your voice live again.

Thinking of beautiful you, all alive and warm, that playful, fun guy, as a lifeless, motionless, cold body is awful.
I hate that you've been taken by this force that leaves us helpless.

I'm glad I told you while you were alive that I admired how you played with heart, how you loved impossible games, how you were no coward. You'd take on any match or challenge with not a word of complaint or fear. I'm glad I told you I cared, I'm glad I told you you brought me joy.

We were matched as allies one tournament, and clicked and became good W2 friends and continued to be allies in tournaments before the server split. We played other games too like chess and your favorite scrabble-like word game and others.

Your playful, competitive, laid-back nature was devoid of malice.

Matty told me his other closest W2 friends were PBRMEASAP, ^Adam^ (also gone), and iLxSnappy.

I started reading through our Discord chat history and it feels unreal that the amazing person who had so much life and beauty is just gone for good.

If not for W2, this game we both loved, we never would have become friends or talked.

You were one of my all time favorites.

Of course I cry for you, sweet and beautiful Matty, never mean spirited towards anyone. I saw you stand up for me when others were to me.

You leave behind a hole. The world of W2 will never be the same without you, Matty. I'll remember you with warmth and fondness as long as I'm around. You will be dearly missed.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 02:43:06 AM by LiveFreeorDie »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2021, 04:30:17 AM »
Matty,

Death is so permanent. All the memories and all the laughs that you once shared with someone who's gone, you now hold alone.

I can't believe I'll never hear your voice live again.

Thinking of beautiful you, all alive and warm, that playful, fun guy, as a lifeless, motionless, cold body is awful.
I hate that you've been taken by this force that leaves us helpless.

I'm glad I told you while you were alive that I admired how you played with heart, how you loved impossible games, how you were no coward. You'd take on any match or challenge with not a word of complaint or fear. I'm glad I told you I cared, I'm glad I told you you brought me joy.

We were matched as allies one tournament, and clicked and became good W2 friends and continued to be allies in tournaments before the server split. We played other games too like chess and your favorite scrabble-like word game and others.

Your playful, competitive, laid-back nature was devoid of malice.

Matty told me his other closest W2 friends were PBRMEASAP, ^Adam^ (also gone), and iLxSnappy.

I started reading through our Discord chat history and it feels unreal that the amazing person who had so much life and beauty is just gone for good.

If not for W2, this game we both loved, we never would have become friends or talked.

You were one of my all time favorites.

Of course I cry for you, sweet and beautiful Matty, never mean spirited towards anyone. I saw you stand up for me when others were to me.

You leave behind a hole. The world of W2 will never be the same without you, Matty. I'll remember you with warmth and fondness as long as I'm around. You will be dearly missed.

If Aimee ever reads this, you should know how much Matty loved you. When he spoke of you, I could tell you were an anchor for him in this sometimes brutal journey of life. He loved you so much, Aimee. I am so, so sorry he's gone and my heart breaks for you right now Aimee. I'll pray for you.

If there are any real life close friends/family who are interested in things like pictures or game replays or something with his voice on it, I can be contacted at w2babyshark@gmail.com. Please do not reply using this forum as I will not be back here for a very long time or ever.

TLDR

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 09:10:22 PM »
Very sad to hear. He liked to 1s a lot so our paths only crossed just here and there. We def played some games together though. He was getting better and better though, rapidly then he just kinda vanished.

I've asked about him a few times since. Not sure why he quit. He came back once a couple of years ago, I was like hey man, where the hell have you been?!? (don't recall the answer, I know, good story, FU SG) Since then I haven't seen him.

I'm going to be that guy but, if the details were available, I'm sure everyone would be curious.

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2021, 02:10:13 PM »
rip buddy may u b dkin peon lines wea ever ur essence may be:tear:

Offline SocxTerror

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2021, 06:38:25 AM »
RIP, Matty.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2022, 03:34:49 AM »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2022, 05:49:34 PM »
Thank you Babyshark for those memories.