Author Topic: ANNOUNCING: War2 Ladder Summer Season - Garden No More  (Read 33427 times)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: ANNOUNCING: War2 Ladder Summer Season - Garden No More
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2021, 09:15:20 AM »
Give me his home address and I'll send the Russian mafia to him >:D
Leave droid Alone!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2021, 01:42:38 PM »
Yah obviously ive failed pretty hard here so far.  In fact I haven't even gotten to look at the code yet though.  iL gave me ftp information but my computer is from my work and they have some bullshit on it that blocks ftp.war2.ru.  iL also gave me a link to where he uploaded the ladder code but the link doesnt work?  he didn't write back when i asked if he could just email it to me.  i will try to get to another computer so i can finally get in through the ftp :X  it would be a pretty spectacular failure to try to do something fun and end up just breaking shit, which has been the case so far.

Offline BHC-JesK

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2021, 04:46:20 PM »
can't you just restore the last backup or some quick fix like that?

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2021, 07:50:17 AM »
yeah im sure il could and it would also be easy to take out the one small anti-gow change we made.  heres the shameful thing though, i do have another computer so id like to take a look at this first, it's just that with all ive got going on in my life right now the inconvenience of digging it out has kept me from trying that yet.  let me make an effort to do so today and then we'll see where that gets us

UPDATE: i got out the other computer and got on the ftp and got a look at the files... i think i can figure out how to handle this next time i get some free time.  in fact i even had an idea to improve the method we were using for this contest.  we'll see.  ill keep following up.

UPDATE 2: Threw in a first attempt at a fix. I figure this won’t quite do the trick but we’ll see

UPDATE 3: looks like it's working i think!  just need to make the standings page stop showing all the unranked/rank 0 people, but:
Maciek (#1) defeated Adam-w (#2) on "Gold Separates East&West L" 19:29:16 on 06/26/2021.
Theboy (#0) defeated OmEd (#0) on "Garden of War" 19:13:26 on 06/26/2021.
Theboy (#0) defeated OmEd (#0) on "Garden of War" 19:02:21 on 06/26/2021.
Theboy (#0) defeated OmEd (#0) on "Garden of War" 18:56:16 on 06/26/2021.
OmEd (#0) defeated Theboy (#0) on "Garden of War" 18:49:16 on 06/26/2021.
OmEd (#0) defeated Theboy (#0) on "Garden of War" 18:33:14 on 06/26/2021.
Theboy (#0) defeated OmEd (#0) on "Garden of War" 18:13:36 on 06/26/2021.
OmEd (#0) defeated Theboy (#0) on "Garden of War" 18:01:17 on 06/26/2021.
i changed it so that GOW games still DO get recorded.  however you see all those people sitting at rank 0 despite playing... the GOW games are getting recorded into your game history, because i figured you all would still want that.  however the only players that actually got rankings were the ones playing gseps.  and the winner got rank 1 and the loser rank 2.  seems right...?  it's working maybe!

oh yeah it's workin alright... although this emoji version of garden of war TE seems to have sneaked through:

iLLxSaSaGe (#5) defeated bjculp14 (#6) on "Fierce ocean combat" 20:54:08 on 06/26/2021.
Gobethron (#3) defeated RusArmy (#4) on "8) Garden of War TE" 20:19:57 on 06/26/2021.
Maciek (#1) defeated Adam-w (#2) on "Gold Separates East&West L" 19:29:16 on 06/26/2021.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 05:12:09 PM by Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2021, 05:51:39 PM »
Just save the whole things, then when its save update that god damn stupid ladder you love so much on website as souvenir archive, and reset this whole thing to ZERO!|

There 45k players and smurfs in this fake ladder, new players see that ladder and when they com on the server they see 15 players log on, what a shame, we just look like old delusional server with fake ladder lol.

Reset this things to zero, keep it clean and updated, make it look profesionnal!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 06:33:31 PM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2021, 07:25:01 PM »
Don't you worry my friend, that is just what we're doing.  i will get all the unranked people removed from the main standings page - they will only be on a backup page.  so the only people on the main standings will be the active ones.  AND i plan to do a new season after this one with a different map requirement, resetting the ladder and making everyone unranked again, and so on.  So the ladder will keep getting cleared out for every "season" but all the old records and players will be retained on back-up

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2021, 07:29:33 PM »
Don't you worry my friend, that is just what we're doing.  i will get all the unranked people removed from the main standings page - they will only be on a backup page.  so the only people on the main standings will be the active ones.  AND i plan to do a new season after this one with a different map requirement, resetting the ladder and making everyone unranked again, and so on.  So the ladder will keep getting cleared out for every "season" but all the old records and players will be retained on back-up

Oh my god thank you very much.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2021, 07:42:09 PM »
bug report: ladder seems to be counting the right games and updating the ranks right, but records/streak/elo are getting reset to zero.  I have backed up all the standings now so that records won't be lost. actually although this is unintentional i think I like records starting over? You can still click to see full PvP records and I can still make total record display also I think. either way it needs a look from me tomorrow, there’s a bug there
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 09:58:42 PM by Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2021, 06:32:16 PM »
Everything seem to work fine now!
Thanks!

That Would be great if you also can delete the game report in every profile players... When you click on a name in the ladder it bring you to the individual games reports player, but old games reports are still there. Wich is really confusing!

Would be cool to only have games reports from this season.

Also for future improvement if you guys got time and motivation.

Wg always talk about IGL, and there something really great about igl..

http://www.igl.net/war2/

THey call this hall of fame but i think its more like a records pages.

It would be great if someone could build a script for a kind of record pages like that on the ladder.war2.ru website.

We could make different records..

More wins with orc, more wins with humans, winning streak, Highest elo, Most win on gow ef, most win on pos, most wins on b2b etc etc etc.

This kind of records will bring peoples to be more open on different maps and races without banning old gow from the ladder.

After a season we could also make a Random map tournament with every winner of every different reccords..

This records pages will bring alot of new things to the ladder, alot of motivation for new players and will open peoples to play different setting race and map.

I dont think it will be so hard since the ladder is also link and relate to the war2ru server game report.

Anyway thanks for the work you done here, its already a big big step!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 07:06:45 PM by Nox »

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2021, 11:39:22 PM »
Ahh I remember IGL.  That's what we used for War2 around the time I stopped playing.

Offline Rus

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2021, 06:11:10 AM »
Everything seem to work fine now!
Thanks!

That Would be great if you also can delete the game report in every profile players... When you click on a name in the ladder it bring you to the individual games reports player, but old games reports are still there. Wich is really confusing!

Would be cool to only have games reports from this season.

Also for future improvement if you guys got time and motivation.

Wg always talk about IGL, and there something really great about igl..

http://www.igl.net/war2/

THey call this hall of fame but i think its more like a records pages.

It would be great if someone could build a script for a kind of record pages like that on the ladder.war2.ru website.

We could make different records..

More wins with orc, more wins with humans, winning streak, Highest elo, Most win on gow ef, most win on pos, most wins on b2b etc etc etc.

This kind of records will bring peoples to be more open on different maps and races without banning old gow from the ladder.

After a season we could also make a Random map tournament with every winner of every different reccords..

This records pages will bring alot of new things to the ladder, alot of motivation for new players and will open peoples to play different setting race and map.

I dont think it will be so hard since the ladder is also link and relate to the war2ru server game report.

Anyway thanks for the work you done here, its already a big big step!

Very correct ideas , even if Blind does some of them, it will be super

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2021, 08:27:15 AM »
Yes I can def c how popular this New ladda system and the whole server right now is. Well done...

Offline BHC-JesK

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2021, 03:04:24 PM »
@Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)
Is the elo system broken or not resetted for everyone? Some guys have like 100 points vs others 1300 points. Shouldn't everyone start with a base elo like 1200 or something?

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2021, 04:46:22 PM »
Yeah when players get added to the new seasonal scoreboard, most people are moved in with 0 score instead of the default 1300, while a select few are getting 1300. 
if only my primary computer didn't block ladder.war2.ru I would’ve fiddled with it much sooner :/  Makes it much harder to do work on this as much as I'd want to.  I just took a stab at correcting it
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 05:53:07 PM by Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2021, 09:21:46 PM »
Yeah when players get added to the new seasonal scoreboard, most people are moved in with 0 score instead of the default 1300, while a select few are getting 1300. 
if only my primary computer didn't block ladder.war2.ru I would’ve fiddled with it much sooner :/  Makes it much harder to do work on this as much as I'd want to.  I just took a stab at correcting it

I already told you this Elo bug 2 weeks ago and you answer me same thing as jesk, now jesk told you that and you fix it in only one day, ur a joke bro lol.

Btw lot of peoples got this error ( You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '-50' at line 1 ) Wich mean, cant get in the ladder.

Including me!

Just feel like ur a troll and a lazy ass mofo.

Good job clown.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 09:29:14 PM by Nox »